Considering Selling due to Gas Prices???

There's many more cars in my driveway that get alot worse gas mileage :) And even if you want to sell to get something else, right now is a down time to sell, wait till prices start rising again then sell.

If you have a nice, low mile origional PM me. I would love to pick one up and help out your gas situation in this market:biggrin:

I have officially parked the F350 6.0 and now drive the GN to work every day. $26 a week gets me where I need to be as long as I keep the foot out of it...which ain't easy.

If you own the TR's outright, park'em. Buy some econobox because you will kick yourself in 10 years when the value doubles.

TR's are an investment in my opinion. TO know I have something desirable and it's all mine. The fun factor will always outweigh the desire to sell. Not to mention all the comments made by "civilians" is worth it to.

i sold mine due to her sitting all the time in the garage.. here in Socal, it's not fun having a race car with no race events or tracks.. i think i put a total of 150 miles on it over 2 years out here in LA (did drive her on the street a little, but it wasn't fun due to all the COPS)..

I filled mine up yesterday and it was $72.00 on pump gas...:mad: It is just a toy but still. I didn't put freaken race gas in it! WTF!

Tune Tune Tune !!!! I'm up to 27.5 mpg (seems to have topped out there) 10psi 87 oct tune. beats spending money on another car + another insurance bill + more maintance on another car.

It would take a long time for it to pay off.

Tune Tune Tune !!!! I'm up to 27.5 mpg (seems to have topped out there) 10psi 87 oct tune. beats spending money on another car + another insurance bill + more maintance on another car.

It would take a long time for it to pay off.

That is awesome! New cars are bragging about getting that much...

My last trip to BG I got 28mpg! I kept my speed at 67-69 mph with the air on. If I go 75, I get like 23-21 mpg. I usually just turn the fp down and keep my foot out of it. Ive heard of people getting 30 with a killer tune. Thats what makes our cars so amazing is the power and economy potential. I think our cars will increase in value because of this. Long live TRs.

No I'm not selling it. But I did buy a beater 3 weeks ago - 1998 Saturn. It gets 26 city and ??? highway. After paying for insurance, I save 80 a month by driving it, and the Buick is retired to weekend fun duty - I'm getting it painted in a few weeks.

Out of curiosity, what size injectors are you guys running to get over 25mpg? Also, what chip are you running? I'm trying to do the same set-up so I can afford to drive the Black Beast more often.

I run MSD 50s with an older chip I got from precision turbo cant remember his name. I set the fuel pressure to like 38 for a trip and I limit the boost to like 14psi in case im tempted. I run the stock size tire at 44psi. I also have an art carr lock up that keeps the car around 2100 @ 67-69 mph. I think the real secret is going UNDER 70mph. Ive heard of guys swearing they can get 33 with an insane tune. I also hear that turbo TAs can do 2-3 mpg better. Now in town driving is a whole other story maybe 17-18 at the most.

Should not matter what injector size you have or what the fp is set at, the ECM will always use the O2 reading and adj the injector pulse widths accordingly to obtain the programmed AFR during non-WOT operating.
If you adj your fp down, it will just make the BLMs go up which in turn increase the injector pulse widths to use more fuel to richen it back up.

Is anyone else considering selling their Turbobuick (or 1 of their Turbobuicks) due to Gas Prices? Or the Economy? 1 or the other or Both?

I'm looking to see who has recently sold their Turbobuick, or who's thinking about it or playing with the thought, due to Gas Prices going up so high and fast.

Please post here in this thread if it's something that's starting to come to your mind, or you've already taken action.

It seems everyone who responded to your post/question was not thinking beyond gas prices and obviously loves their Buick. Can't argue that.

I mean who cares about the gas prices when it comes to these cars right? Most people only drive them on Sunny Sundays, and they get great gas mileage for a powerful muscle car, and they seem to be a good investment.

But I think we need to take a minute and understand the bigger picture to your post/question. This isn't just about gas prices. This isn't the 1970's. That was nothing compared to what is happening today. The problems facing the U.S. today is some serious sh*t. It's the perfect storm. This is history in the making. Our very lifestyles are threatened.

I think what Agent86 was trying to say, it's quite possible with the changing times ahead, some people might see a considerable value drop to the majority of specialty cars. I'm seeing it already.

And this isn't just a passing thing that will be over in a few months or turn around by Christmas, we dug a deep hole and we have just begun to fall in, we are nowhere near bottom. I'm not being negative, I'm just being realistic.

This reality forces some of use to re-think our assets and priorities.

Given todays prices and the rate of inflation, todays gas prices are no where near as high as they were in the 70's oil crisis.
Markets are down worldwide, which means prices fall on "luxury" or pleasure items, which our cars are considered, even though some use them on a daily basis, its still a used car market...heck new car sales are down too due to the market and gas prices. Just like the dot coms, real estate, and everything else that has sky rocketed in price once upon a time, the bubble will burst...otherwise everyone would be flocking to invest in oil futures and be gauranteed millionaires.