You can type here any text you want

Eagle Crank availiblity

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Just curious how much material was removed to balance them?

I have the more costly external version (machine to reduce counter weights), to achieve 36.6 the machine shop said they still had to removed an additional 100 grams per counterweight.
I'm working on an engine I had acquired about 6 years ago. It has an external balance Chinese forged crank in it. I noticed the counterweights had some aggressive lightening done. I don't know what % bobweight they used but will be re-balancing. I'll post a a pic later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well don't mean to hi jack your thread Steve BUT !! Iv'e used Eagle, Scat and Strezo's BA cranks. Internal and external ones,
4140's and 4340's and had to turn every damn one of them 10-10 to get them right. I guess I'm just the unlucky one. Just for a side note Strezo's BA crank was the worst.

Has anyone ever checked the metallurgy of these cranks? I mean they sent it out for analysis. I've seen cranks in wrong boxes, claims of 4340 and 4140. I could put any sticker I wanted on a rice paper box

Good point Brian. Anyone can say what they want but until tests have been run, it's all hearsay. I'm sure someone has tested but doubt they would ever post results here. Maybe someone will prove me wrong.

Has anyone ever checked the metallurgy of these cranks? I mean they sent it out for analysis. I've seen cranks in wrong boxes, claims of 4340 and 4140. I could put any sticker I wanted on a rice paper box

Sure but at the end of the day to 99.9 % of the people on here .. Does it make a difference ? Nope .. how many are pushing 1000hp +

back to you get what you pay for ... these cranks are $500 and then you will no doubt spend another $3-500 in balancing / regrinding / prep before they are useable.

OR you can find a older BMS or Moldex or LA or Kings and spend more money .. ALOT more money but they will extend the power potential range even though MOST will never use that range.
Its all how you look at it .. in a 109 I would never use a hi end crank .. WTF is the point .. in a stage motor .. I wouldn't ever use a China crank..
All these cranks have a place in the market .. I've used a cheap Chinese crank in a SBF that has been over 1000hp for 5-6 years now ( 4140) and that's a 7800 RPM motor
with HEAVY pistons in it.

I guess the 1 thing I can say is .. a china 4140 is a lot better then the stock cast junk ... stock cranks are ok for 4-500hp max .. after that they really start to move..

I'm working on an engine I had acquired about 6 years ago. It has an external balance Chinese forged crank in it. I noticed the counterweights had some aggressive lightening done. I don't know what % bobweight they used but will be re-balancing. I'll post a a pic later

Thanks Brian, I would be interested in seeing the photos.

7f5631574e5d1fcc9238a2b0944e7419.jpg
97a3c7e1b18d64bf649f19197004f68e.jpg

Back