You can type here any text you want

Eagle Crank availiblity

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The Eagle crank I have used had terrible journal finish. I spent hours hand fitting rod and main bearings. I prefere the GN1 cranks. With an Eagle you should have it re-ground to better dimensions. Maybe they are better now, but the one I have used seriously hacked me off!!! The GN1's have all fit well. Also, no downside to going stroker. Send your rods and pistons back and buy a stroker kit.
This is just my experience, yours may vary.
Just a side note- those heads you did that landed up on one of my cars made 598hp and 607 tq- they are bad ass!

We have installed 5 Eagle cranks over the past few months and none of them required any extra work?

Hey nick while your on line here, any ideas for a -10 to m16x1.5 my new car has braided fuel lines. Need adapter to hook to rail, sorry to steal thread,thanks gene

Just a side note- those heads you did that landed up on one of my cars made 598hp and 607 tq- they are bad ass!

Thank you. Nice to hear the effort paid off. Every single person I have shown how to port heads, said that once they half assed their own set, they would NEVER EVER DO ANOTHER HEAD!!!! LOL. I am tweaking a set right now, but am pretty sure I'm done, too.

Not trying to mess with any supporting vendors, but Nick Micale and Lou Czarnota have forged stroker cranks available to those that are in need of one.

EDIT: I guess I'm late to the party.............

Sorry.

Has anyone gotten one in 2016? I bought a stock stroke eagle kit from Full throttle in DEC 2015 during Christmas sale. In there defense I was told they where on back order of up to 60 days. I was given the option to get the GN1 crank for an additional $300. I said no thanks that will negate the savings. I've been patient and still patient and have called every 2 months or so. They've had my $$$ since Dec so I am just starting to think these cranks will never show up?
Hey Steve, I called Eagle today for another project and I asked about crank availability. They stated they have plenty available in stock on the internal balance and they have had good stock all year. I called back in March and they had plenty of stock then too.

Hey Steve, I called Eagle today for another project and I asked about crank availability. They stated they have plenty available in stock on the internal balance and they have had good stock all year. I called back in March and they had plenty of stock then too.
Thanks Dave. I called Eagle myself last week and was told the l 4140 was instock not the 4340. I called FTS and Marianne told me she received an email from Eagle saying cranks where about a week out. So hopefully I will see it soon.

We have installed 5 Eagle cranks over the past few months and none of them required any extra work?

Just curious how much material was removed to balance them?

I have the more costly external version (machine to reduce counter weights), to achieve 36.6 the machine shop said they still had to removed an additional 100 grams per counterweight.

Last edited:
4340 internal

That's what the box says anyways...

Can't go by that.....that's what they all say and has been discussed in the past.

After receiving mine a while back I gave it a thorough going over. Overall it's a very nice piece but I did send Eagle a little feedback/wishlist. I'm curious how much of it was implemented to the latest production run......

And still no crank...another call is in order to FTS...

Lookie here...it finally showed up after 9 months ....it's a 4140 not 4340 so it's not the good one either...why should it take 9 months for a crank that eagle has had stock of all year? I learned my lesson, I will do better homework next time.

Attachments

• 20160902_215510.jpg
    20160902_215510.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 110
  • 20160902_215819.jpg
    20160902_215819.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 107
Back