EBL SFI-6 install & tuning thread

There is an inverse temperature table in the calibration, wasn't put into the XDF file as it isn't expected to be changed.

> IAT temps were even reporting in the130's during normal driving with the '748 setup.

Is this really heat soak then? It seems as though something else is off.

{edit to add some info} A dump of the log file has the combined IAT/CTS value along with the air flow value that is used for the blend table look up.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Yes, in LV heat and sitting in traffic with hot air from the rad constantly being pushed across the engine. The mustang, fiero, and now the buick, all report 130ish in traffic. The mustang was the worst on a 110*F+ day considering the intake tube sat directly over the pass side header, at times the IAT would report over 140 until traffic started to move. Back home in Cleveland the IAT temps rarely reached 120* even on a hot day, so I doubt something else may be off. Can I get access to the inverse temp table? That's exactly what I need. As far as the IAT/CTS blend table for airflow, I dont believe that is the answer, but im not the expert. As far as I can tell, it adjusts for a specific airflow range? Im looking for a global adjustment across for IAT temp correction. Thanks!

I added the inverse temperature term table to the XDF, but before I send it. Try changing the slope of the IAT/CTS Blend table toward more CTS (higher values). This will have the injector PW changing less with the same change in the IAT temperature. Will likely need to do some VE work to bring the BLM & AFR back into line.

The reason we don't think that the inverse temperature term table should be adjusted, is that the values in this table are directly correlated to the density of air based on temperature. See how the above works out first.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I took my system out, I was having injector driver issues. I think I got that sorted out, but installed the SD2 system in the mean time.
I'll be putting that system back in again next year.

Haven't ran my car for a few weeks, limited time to do tuning. In the mean time, I have a few of critiques: It would be nice to expand the EBL

window to fit the entire screen of the laptop, instead of small part of it, also, the ability to customize the gages would be a plus. It would also be nice to have a BOOST(2/3 bar) histogram for VE in the EBL

window, this would speed up tuning quite a bit instead of scanning thousands of lines of data to get the VE in the ballpark, which is the limiting factor

for tuning on the fly. I have to admit I have been spoiled with the previous 7730/Osty 2.0 Emu combo(other cars), I could tune the car without having to shut it off to upload the bin.

*wishlist item* I would like to see if code for the anti-lag is possible with the ignition system. I've asked if it would be possible

but I'm not sure how much more time Bob has to invest into the software, and an answer is unclear at this time. Otherwise I'm happy with how the

EBL runs the engine.

Updates to the WUD are in progress, although at this time we are concentrating on releasing new ECM firmware for the EBL Flash and EBL P4 Flash systems (almost done). May sound crazy, but we are also working on a new product for out Turbo Buicks. Soon to be announced...

The anti-lag is doable, just need to get to it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

This one can be a Winter project for you. Next time you're in the JY, look for some CnP coils, six and a extra for the trunk should do it.

RemoveBeforeFlight

:DI knew it!

I've been running it since early this Spring with the rectangular truck coils. This is going to be an inexpensive DIY way to use a CnP set up on a Buick engine. We supply the board that allows the CnP coils to be used, and the user mounts & wires in the coils. :woot:

RemoveBeforeFlight

It was hard to keep quiet about it cuz Bob has shown me the system running his engine with it a few months back. Was teasing some of the MAGNA guys, but had to hold back from showing them. It truly puts the LC2 on an entirely different level! You SFI-6 users are very lucky to have this as a feature, freaking awesome! (y)

I've been running it since early this Spring with the rectangular truck coils. This is going to be an inexpensive DIY way to use a CnP set up on a Buick engine. We supply the board that allows the CnP coils to be used, and the user mounts & wires in the coils. :woot:

RemoveBeforeFlight

Bob
Can you give some info as to what vehicles we can get the coils from.
thanks

Can use any of these three coils:

LS1 coil # 12558948 D580
LS2 coil # 12573190 D514A
Rectangular truck coil # 12558693 D581

I've been running with the last ones listed:

GN_CnP_15b.jpg

CADILLAC ESCALADE (2002 - 2006)
CHEVROLET AVALANCHE (2003 - 2006)
CHEVROLET SILVERADO (1999 - 2006)
CHEVROLET SUBURBAN 1500 (2000 - 2006)
CHEVROLET TAHOE (2000 - 2006)
GMC SIERRA (1999 - 2006)
GMC SIERRA DENALI (2003 - 2006)
GMC YUKON (2000 - 2006)
HUMMER H2 (2003 - 2007)

Note that the above list is from Rockauto, I have not checked it for accuracy.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Just waiting on the PCBs to be delivered (another week or two). Parts to assemble are here, along with a test set up. For ordering all we need to know is if it is a type 1 or type 2 ICM being used.

A type 1 has the wires to connect to the coil pack (which isn't used). While a type 2 has the lugs that the individual coils fit over. Same board, just different wires/terminals on it for connection to the ICM.

We are also working on a cover for each set up. This is where things get pricey. More on that later.

RemoveBeforeFlight