EBL SFI-6 install & tuning thread

Sorry for the delayed response, Been at Keesler AFB and no time for the net.

This is awesome news. I am in! I am running the type II with the fast start conversion. Look forward to when they are unavailable. I'll be starting the wiring in a few weeks.

Here is the beginning of the CnP setup. These M&A valve covers are now dedicated to the CnP system. Tomorrow I'll get the wiring harness complete and everything installed. Plug wires should be here Monday.
M&A CnP.jpg

looking good! I would love to run this set-up. I just got the body back on my chassis, and I am gonna be doing the re-wire with the SFI-6 here in the next few weeks. Can wait to hear it fire up with the new system.

Finally, got outside last night and starting the rewiring of the car. I have the whole engine and dash harness out of the car. I will be adding a 12 fuse/8 relay panel under the hood from a 4th F-body. Everything will be installed and run through the C100 connector or ECM harness like factory.

Nice! Is there going to be a Anti-lag addition?

Just want to be sure that we are on the same page. Is this referring to launching the car from a stand still? More along the lines of a 2-step?

IOW, stage the car and hold with brakes, push the button and hold, mash go-pedal, ECM randomly drops ignition at a set RPM, release button/brakes and ignition goes back to normal?

RemoveBeforeFlight

Just want to be sure that we are on the same page. Is this referring to launching the car from a stand still? More along the lines of a 2-step?

IOW, stage the car and hold with brakes, push the button and hold, mash go-pedal, ECM randomly drops ignition at a set RPM, release button/brakes and ignition goes back to normal?

RemoveBeforeFlight
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. Last time we discussed this I think you mentioned the possible issue of sync issues if the EST was interrupted?

*edit* Also, if that is even possible, the ability to retard timing during the event?

It's all on and operational. So far no oil leaks from the valve covers.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1416764082.913322.jpg

Dynamic EFI CnP system.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

How will this affect spark latency?

Doesn't affect it, the latency is from any filtering of the crank/cam sensor signals via the ICM. Years ago when I started to play with LS1 coils I found that the delay between trigger and spark was small. And it was consistent throughout the RPM range.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Final cost should be under $100 USD (type-2 mount & cover are still up in the air for pricing). It also depends if you purchase a cover, costs less if you do your own cover. Just to be sure this is what we offer:

CnP Interface board
CnP Interface lower mounting board
Hardware for mounting the two together
Connector pigtail for signal ground and EST to coils

Cover & hardware to mount to ICM

The user needs to obtain and mount the coils, and provide the power & grounds to the coils along with the signals to the coils. If you are ready to do this shoot me a PM (conversation), let me know what you are looking for (type -1, 2, cover, ...).

RemoveBeforeFlight

I am finally installing the EBL board in my ECM now. I won't be able to fire up the car for a few weeks yet though, but I need to get all the wiring and all in order before putting the front end and exhaust on it.