Mega Squirt PNP release date announced

And - I've got the details on what we brought out of the connector on the back of the ECU, which is going to have 26 pins.

First, we've got all the extra spark outputs for a coil on plug conversion.

The boost control output is brought out to make it easier to wire up other types of solenoids.

We also brought out two outputs for a bank fired second stage of injectors. Whether you're drilling the manifold for twelve injectors or just have some extra injectors in the charge pipe, we can control them. These can also be used as general purpose on/off or PWM outputs for things like nitrous, fans, water injection, etc.

And we have three more general purpose outputs for similar uses.

For inputs, we have two inputs that can take a switched signal (including one flex fuel sensors) or frequency based signals, and two inputs that can handle analog signals. Plus, we've brought a direct knock sensor input out here. This lets you bypass the GM ESC module, and set different sensitivity levels based on RPM and what cylinder is firing. There's also a ground and a 5 volt supply wire for your sensors included on this connector.

If that's not enough I/O, we've brought out the CAN bus connection as well. You can use this for a MicroSquirt running IO Box firmware, our eight channel EGT module, a controller for a 4L80E transmission, a Racepak or Race Technologies dash - or all of the above.

And last - we just knew we'd have some customers ask if it will run other GM V6s, like 2.8 Fieros and F bodies. And the answer is that it does fit a few of these applications. (Sorry, SyTy guys and Turbo T/As - your wiring is too different. We checked.) And we expected that those guys' next question is, "Will it run sequential injection on my V6?" So, to make that easier, we brought out four of the main injector outputs and the cam signal.

Matt, whats so different that it wont work with the TTA?

We took a second look at the Turbo T/A wiring, and it turned out the differences were smaller than we thought initially. It's not exactly the same, but close enough that we could create a special order option if there's interest. We'd just need to line up a test car once the main version is released, and work with the owner to confirm the changes are all that these cars need.

And - I've got the details on what we brought out of the connector on the back of the ECU, which is going to have 26 pins.

First, we've got all the extra spark outputs for a coil on plug conversion.

The boost control output is brought out to make it easier to wire up other types of solenoids.

We also brought out two outputs for a bank fired second stage of injectors. Whether you're drilling the manifold for twelve injectors or just have some extra injectors in the charge pipe, we can control them. These can also be used as general purpose on/off or PWM outputs for things like nitrous, fans, water injection, etc.

And we have three more general purpose outputs for similar uses.

For inputs, we have two inputs that can take a switched signal (including one flex fuel sensors) or frequency based signals, and two inputs that can handle analog signals. Plus, we've brought a direct knock sensor input out here. This lets you bypass the GM ESC module, and set different sensitivity levels based on RPM and what cylinder is firing. There's also a ground and a 5 volt supply wire for your sensors included on this connector.

If that's not enough I/O, we've brought out the CAN bus connection as well. You can use this for a MicroSquirt running IO Box firmware, our eight channel EGT module, a controller for a 4L80E transmission, a Racepak or Race Technologies dash - or all of the above.

And last - we just knew we'd have some customers ask if it will run other GM V6s, like 2.8 Fieros and F bodies. And the answer is that it does fit a few of these applications. (Sorry, SyTy guys and Turbo T/As - your wiring is too different. We checked.) And we expected that those guys' next question is, "Will it run sequential injection on my V6?" So, to make that easier, we brought out four of the main injector outputs and the cam signal.

Thanks matt!

So here's a few questions:
If we opt for speed density instead of MAF base fuel control, can the MAF input in the main harness be reassigned to something else, effectively creating another general purpose sensor input?
How do the injector drivers work? Does it auto-detect injector impedance automagically, or is there some work we need to do?
Can a second MAP sensor be wired in for redundancy (not just referencing ambient pressure)? This one might sound weird, but we have problems blowing vacuum lines off.

Thanks matt!

So here's a few questions:
If we opt for speed density instead of MAF base fuel control, can the MAF input in the main harness be reassigned to something else, effectively creating another general purpose sensor input?

The board is set up so that you'd use an internal jumper to select the MAF or its internal MAP sensor. If you do end up needing more analog inputs, you can add a MicroSquirt running IO Box firmware over the CAN bus and bring in seven extra analog signals.

How do the injector drivers work? Does it auto-detect injector impedance automagically, or is there some work we need to do?

Correct, it uses current sensing to determine if the injectors are high or low impedance, and applies current limit automatically. You can adjust the dead time and non-linear pulse widths to get the most out of the different injectors.

Can a second MAP sensor be wired in for redundancy (not just referencing ambient pressure)? This one might sound weird, but we have problems blowing vacuum lines off.

There are a couple things you can do here, although currently using two MAP sensors is not one of them.

One, you can use a screw-in pressure sensor for MAP. We tried using the MS3Pro with a 10 bar oil pressure sensor on a Toyota 2JZ as a MAP sensor as a joke - it worked so well we left it on the car!

Two, you can crunch the numbers from your data logs and see what MAP reading you get as a function of RPM and throttle position, using MegaLogViewer's scatter plot function. There is a failsafe setting that can detect a MAP sensor by either an output voltage out of range or a reading that's too steady (in other words, the hose is blown off). It then switches to a synthetic MAP reading using a table of expected MAP reading as a function of TPS and RPM.

Two, you can crunch the numbers from your data logs and see what MAP reading you get as a function of RPM and throttle position, using MegaLogViewer's scatter plot function. There is a failsafe setting that can detect a MAP sensor by either an output voltage out of range or a reading that's too steady (in other words, the hose is blown off). It then switches to a synthetic MAP reading using a table of expected MAP reading as a function of TPS and RPM.

This makes my pants tight. Awesome.

Will this connect to my 4l80e like my FASTXFI does? I currently have the TCU ITCU using CAN connector to FASTXFI.

Will this connect to my 4l80e like my FASTXFI does? I currently have the TCU ITCU using CAN connector to FASTXFI.

We have our own box that connects via CAN and controls a 4L80E. Right now we don't have a good way to communicate with FAST's TCU over CAN, although I believe FAST's box can work on its own without connecting to an ECU also.

How much is the box to control my trans? Can I keep all my FP, Oil and Flex fuel sensors as is and just rewire to MS3?

Question, does "signal based" mean they can be used for a hall effect sensor (wheel speed)?

And can hall-effect sensors on the front wheels be matched with the VSS in the speedometer for traction control?