NVU gauge cluster installation.

Here is mine. The only silver gauges that I heard of :cool:

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1390863129229.jpg
    1390863129229.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 175
Here's a TOP SECRET Spy photo…… One of a Kind - Brushed Stainless Bezels…. secret stuff that can't be seen……. YETo_O

Don't mind the oil pressure gauge…. i know its crooked…. Mine was made on a Friday, and its still Detroit…. lol J/K (kinda):rolleyes:

photo.JPG

-aaron

I found it easier for the cluster install when I rerouted the 2 and 3 plug pointing below the vacuum gauge instead of pointing up. There's a wire bundle conduit behind the cluster that gets sandwiched between the cluster and the vent duct. I found there to be more room to route the wires between the wire bundle conduit and the steering wheel column than smashed between the new cluster and the wire bundle conduit.... Something to consider
I agree and that's what i did. I took off the piece that surrounds the instrument panel for the install partly because i can see behind the instruments and tweak the connectors.

One thing I'm confused about is the seatbelt connection. On plug 3 shows Brown- Seatbelt Neg. Going to Black -Pos yel/blk. Which I think corresponds to C1-F or 6. Is that right? Does the seatbelt icon work?

I agree and that's what i did. I took off the piece that surrounds the instrument panel for the install partly because i can see behind the instruments and tweak the connectors.

One thing I'm confused about is the seatbelt connection. On plug 3 shows Brown- Seatbelt Neg. Going to Black -Pos yel/blk. Which I think corresponds to C1-F or 6. Is that right? Does the seatbelt icon work?
The seat belt NEG has to go to C1 11/L black which is a dedicated ground; yellow/black POS goes to C1 F/6

T
The seat belt NEG has to go to C1 11L black which is a dedicated ground; yellow/black POS goes to C1 F/6
Thanks Steve,

I guess they missed putting the
C-1 terminal number on the instructions and the little note made it even more confusing.

I wired up the Caspers connector tonight in front of the TV. I'm hoping I have it all buttoned up tomorrow.
The seat belt NEG has to go to C1 11/L black which is a dedicated ground; yellow/black POS goes to C1 F/6

Steve, I don't follow. One side of the seatbelt LED in the NVU dash goes to plug #3 , wire #10(Brown) while the other side is wired into the ground of the gauges. I'm guessing you don't have yours yet or you would see what I'm saying. In order to carry that "wired-in" leg to C1 F6 it will need to be clipped and re-routed. I'm thinking of adding a wire and pin in plug #3 leading to C1 F6

Last edited:
Have not even opened the car door and I am in over my head.
Once we have all these details sorted I will post an Excel sheet I have been working on for my car. It will include wire tags that once printed I will cut the tags loose and tape them to each wire showing where they go.

Once we have all these details sorted I will post an Excel sheet I have been working on for my car. It will include wire tags that once printed I will cut the tags loose and tape them to each wire showing where they go.
Guess I will hold out starting for a little while longer, my engine is still on the stand headless.

I'm waiting too. Not in a hurry as I'd like to get this right. Plus, I want much smarter people than me looking these things over and adding their suggestions.
Attached is a picture showing the seatbelt LED wiring in the panel. Just follow the blue dashed line...One goes to plug #3, wire #10 Brown(seatbelt NEG 11L) the other runs to GND(ground) on back of gauges. This just doesn't seem correct
Seatbelt icon wiring edit.jpg

Last edited:
Steve, I don't follow. One side of the seatbelt LED in the NVU dash goes to plug #3 , wire #10(Brown) while the other side is wired into the ground of the gauges. I'm guessing you don't have yours yet or you would see what I'm saying. In order to carry that "wired-in" leg to C1 F6 it will need to be clipped and re-routed. I'm thinking of adding a wire and pin in plug #3 leading to C1 F6
They made a mistake. If you wire it as is it will never work. It needs to be corrected and wired as stated above in my response to Captdave.
I got mine and I unpacked it but I was away most of yesterday and today working on other stuff.

They made a mistake. If you wire it as is it will never work. It needs to be corrected and wired as stated above in my response to Captdave.
I got mine and I unpacked it but I was away most of yesterday and today working on other stuff.
Just wanted to confirm.
I'm going to pick up some male/female pins and add one to plug #3 in an unused spot

I'm waiting too. Not in a hurry as I'd like to get this right. Plus, I want much smarter people than me looking these things over and adding their suggestions.
Attached is a picture showing the seatbelt LED wiring in the panel. Just follow the blue dashed line...One goes to plug #3, wire #10 Brown(seatbelt NEG 11L) the other runs to GND(ground) on back of gauges. This just doesn't seem correctView attachment 213308

The picture you posted is very helpful. Would you mind posting another after you make the changes?

Thanks, Bill

In the picture you will see where I will cut the wire. I'm going to splice a few extra inches of wire to give it some more length, add a female terminal for the Molex plug (ask NVU to send you some males and females) then put it into the unused hole in plug #3, position #1 of the NVU gauge panel. Next I will get a male terminal and put it on the end of a 6" piece of wire and place it into the corresponding male plug #3, position #1, The opposing end of that wire will be soldered to the Caspers Dash Connector Mate at position 6F
Seatbelt icon wiring edit repair.jpg