NVU gauge cluster installation.

I'd like to revisit this. Is one end of the resistor wire going to 3C with the other end going to 1A (or 15M) on the Casper connector? Is it that simple?
Is this just for the guys wiring themselves? I thought I read pre-wired kits have the resistor wired in already...

No, everybody must wire the resistor in. I bought the pre-wired version. It's the gauges that got wired,we have to do some wiring on the plug side to mate with the vehicle

No, everybody must wire the resistor in. I bought the pre-wired version. It's the gauges that got wired,we have to do some siring on the plug side to mate with the vehicle

I thought in the instructions from NVU said it was pre wired. Lemme re-check

I'd like to revisit this. Is one end of the resistor wire going to 3C with the other end going to 1A (or 15M) on the Casper connector? Is it that simple?

The battery icon needs to be wire there to, red to pink / black. Black to the brown alt wire. The blue in between. Now I have the short sweep. If you have that there is another step. The two brown wires from the bulb tie together and wire in the neg side.

No, everybody must wire the resistor in. I bought the pre-wired version. It's the gauges that got wired,we have to do some wiring on the plug side to mate with the vehicle
That is how I wired mine, the bulb was out of the equation on the stepper motor gauges and was wired into the gauge.

Is the brown alternator wire on the plug side of the vehicle?

Thanks guys - one end of the resistor wire is going to 3C and the other end is going to 15M

I'm just now able to get back on this. The weather has been nuts - I run a landscape business.

Is this wrong then?

BUICK-GN-SUPPLEMENTAL (1)-1.jpg

good find. Why did they send me a resistor wire? Hard to tell if one is in the gauge wiring

I don't have this type of dashboard and maybe one day I will get one, but I was reading all of your guys threads and it seem one question needs to be ask.
Most was mentioning about the dimmer and some would said you can't use the original dimmer some said you have to put an aftermarket dimmer, which one did the already installed one uses?

I don't have this type of dashboard and maybe one day I will get one, but I was reading all of your guys threads and it seem one question needs to be ask.
Most was mentioning about the dimmer and some would said you can't use the original dimmer some said you have to put an aftermarket dimmer, which one did the already installed one uses?
The gauge manufacturer [NVU] sells a dimmer for their gauges.

aaron

So is it easier to use the dash mate or not? I started the dashmate soldering but am not getting very far. It seems that a lot of the wires do not route to the dashmate. Nothing I see from the connector 2 goes to the dashmate.

So is it easier to use the dash mate or not? I started the dashmate soldering but am not getting very far. It seems that a lot of the wires do not route to the dashmate. Nothing I see from the connector 2 goes to the dashmate.

Well I will say that I order the dash mate and still have not gotten it. Got tired of waiting , so I wired it up with out it. Looking back I think that was easy. When the dash mate comes, I am giving it away, if that tells you anything.

Well I will say that I order the dash mate and still have not gotten it. Got tired of waiting , so I wired it up with out it. Looking back I think that was easy. When the dash mate comes, I am giving it away, if that tells you anything.
Did you cut out the factory plug where the dash mate attached?

Did you cut out the factory plug where the dash mate attached?

No, I just cut the wires from the factory dash mate that was needed. Left about four inches of wire on the factory dash mate, only for what ever may come up in the future. Knowing what I know now, would not use the Casper dash mate. But each to their own

No, I just cut the wires from the factory dash mate that was needed. Left about four inches of wire on the factory dash mate, only for what ever may come up in the future. Knowing what I know now, would not use the Casper dash mate. But each to their own
For me, it helps with organizing the wires and knowing exactly which wire is which. Also, should you ever have the desire to go back to stock it will be easier.