You can type here any text you want

NVU gauge cluster installation.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yes it is for both of us but you have to give kudos to their customer service. Looks like I might have to wire up my dimmer switch now! Other than that mine is done. All I have to do is bolt it back in.

I mounted the dimmer switch next to the stock dimmer in the dimmer housing. I drilled a small hole in the trim plate for the dimmer post and installed the bezel. The dimmer knob wouldn't stay on because the set screw was too high with the bezel installed so I ground down the back of the knob with a belt sander. the sander was in the vise and I just held the knob against it. I'm going to see if I can find a replacement knob with a black face otherwise I'll paint this one black.

Attachments

• IP2 (1).JPG
    IP2 (1).JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IP4 (2).JPG
    IP4 (2).JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 133
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 149
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 136
Here's where I mounted the speedo reset button. I went to Radio Shack and bought a black one for 3 bucks. This is mounted in the instrument bezel.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    118.9 KB · Views: 125
Looks great! I'm praying I don't have any lighting issues.... I am testing it this weekend so we'll see

I took the padding off that surrounds the IP while I was working on the gauges. It made it easier to get to the connectors while it was going in and out.

Attachments

• IP2 (2).JPG
    IP2 (2).JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IP4 (1).JPG
    IP4 (1).JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 132
I took the padding off that surrounds the IP while I was working on the gauges. It made it easier to get to the connectors while it was going in and out.
I took that surround off as well. Made things a heck of lot easier to get at.

Just wanted to share an experience that happened today. I have a steel braided oil line that feeds my turbo and it was able to make contact with both of the oil pressure sending unit terminals. When this happens... It completely kills the oil pressure, needle shows zero oil pressure and kills the backlighting for the oil pressure guage. Didn't have the low warning flash either.

Checked the wiring to see if something had come loose and found the braided line sitting on the terminals. Rerouted the braided line, zipped tied the line and all was back to normal.

upload_2014-2-15_10-28-24.png

I wanted to use existing wiring to hook up my boost/vacuum sender I made a bracket and mounted it in the same place as the stock unit. What NVU refers to as C2 is shown above as pins A-H on the Tachometer Boost gauge. Pin A is pink and black and is hot in Bulb and Run. I jumped Pin A to pin F Gray and Black that gave me power at pin C at the stock Map sensor connector. I grounded pin H Black and white which gave me a ground at Pin A at the stock map sensor. I ran the yellow wire on the NVU Plug 2 to Pin G Light Green which made pin B at the MAP sensor. So to surmise now A is ground,B is signal and C is power at the stock Map sensor location.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 123
I put all my programing switches in the ashtray. it was more work than I thought since the bracket had to be low enough that when the lid was closed it wouldn't activate the switches.

They are arranged left to right to correspond to the gauges starting at the voltmeter and going clockwise around the IP.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 145
I put that sender under the dash and run the hose to it. The sensor itself looks very fragile and the warranty sticker on it will last a lot better under the dash than in that fender area of the car.

I put that sender under the dash and run the hose to it. The sensor itself looks very fragile and the warranty sticker on it will last a lot better under the dash than in that fender area of the car.
I was thinking of doing that for the same reason. I think the weak link is where the wires go into it so I sealed them up really well with Black RTV. Time will tell.

I used a black silicon hose and ran it through the grommet where the speedometer cable ran. That fish tank hose wasn't looking very "automotive"

I used a black silicon hose and ran it through the grommet where the speedometer cable ran. That fish tank hose wasn't looking very "automotive"
Yeah, I have plenty of black tubing too since I just replaced all my vacuum hoses. I'll probably replace it when I get my IP back Tuesday.

Did anybody have issues getting to the plug end of the digital boost/tach harness? i tried a lot of things and can't get enough slack out to locate it….
any ideas?

thanks
aaron

It is probably snagged on something it is pretty long...Unless someone zip tied it or taped it.

Attachments

• plug 001.JPG
    plug 001.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 118
Back