You can type here any text you want

NVU gauge cluster installation.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I was able to get a dash mate connector last week from Caspers. What I did to test the backlighting on Performance II gauges was wired everything up and hooked it up on the bench before wiring the connector to a 12v power supply. I spoke to NVU and he told me that there was a mistake made on Q.C with the gauge face lighting. I am sending mine back for the change with the RMA they provided me with

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Last edited:
Im wondering - for those of the guys with the dim lighting – what gauges did you order? were they the backlit versions? or the side lighting?
The weather is supposed to get a little warmer so i might go out this weekend and test the lighting…. i have already made all the connections i can with the dash mate - the rest i have to do inside the car.

aaron

Hi Ray, Glad you got your dashboard working(y)
Is there any way you post a video of your dashboard? Possible day and night time running?
It will be a while before I can a chance to see you and your ride

Have never done a video before. Will have to ask the wife, she has a I5 phone. Me a old flip phone.

I think dim issues only affect the performance II white faced gauges.

Ray thanks but I already got one maybe someone else on here could use it.

Ray thanks but I already got one maybe someone else on here could use it.

Ok Steve, does anyone need the Casper dash mate for there install? When it comes in, I will ship it, no charge!

I need a dash mate. I just got off the phone with caspers they were on back order but due to start shipping Friday. I was told to order online but I would gladly purchase from you?

I need a dash mate. I just got off the phone with caspers they were on back order but due to start shipping Friday. I was told to order online but I would gladly purchase from you?

PM me your address, when mine comes in I will ship it to you, no charge

Has anyone had the back light issues with the redline guages? I havent done anything with mine yet. Hopefully will have the time sunday.

I have the performance II silver but have not started install. Do you think I should call NVU to just send them back or try them out first?

I know of one other person with performance silver. What do you think?

I also have Performance II silver and I talked to them today about the lighting. I am sending mine back to have the lighting "brightened up"

I sent mine out today make sure you get the package insured for the full amount.

Hi All, wow, I hate to hear all these issues with this dash as I am not going to be able to get home to install mine for a while. I have the white face performance II also. Should I just wait until all the issues are ironed out on these, then send mine in? It could concievably be 3 years till I get home to play with my car.(Thank God work is that good!) Steve, whats your thoughts? Thanks and good luck guys.

Why wait till 3 years from now since the company won't warrant that long, send it back get it done correctly.

Hi All, wow, I hate to hear all these issues with this dash as I am not going to be able to get home to install mine for a while. I have the white face performance II also. Should I just wait until all the issues are ironed out on these, then send mine in? It could concievably be 3 years till I get home to play with my car.(Thank God work is that good!) Steve, whats your thoughts? Thanks and good luck guys.
I would contact them and see what they say. The warranty is 5 yrs BTW but why wait?

I only been able to dedicate an hour or two a day and today I got to the point where I was able to plug it in to the car and do a key on test. All the gauges worked and most of the icons I wired so, I unplugged it and put it away until I remembered CaptDave having a dimness issue so I went back into the garage and plugged it back in and turned off the garage lights and turned on the dash lights. Not very bright I even wired both amber and white together to see if it helped and it didn't some are darker than others and some are unevenly illuminated. This is not something I could get used to, looks like I will have to send it back....
I wonder if it's that the white faces don't provide enough contrast compared to black faces. I love the white faces in the day time better but the gauges were completely unreadable at night and I got them specifically for the way they looked at night in the pictures. NVU has mine now. I don't know what solution they will find.

I wired mine to the Casper's dashmate in my living room watching TV and drinking beer.

I understand they made different faces that were dimmer because of previous complaints by other customers that they were too bright. I might have gotten a mix an match of the both because some gauges were fine and others not so much.
I imagine they just made the plastic less transparent on the newer design but may have gone too far.
As you can see the RPM, Boost,and volts look perfect...the others lacking.

(Note this cheap camera in the dark has difficulty focusing)

inst 009.JPG

Last edited:
I understand they made different faces that were dimmer because of previous complaints by other customers that they were too bright. I might have gotten a mix an match of the both because some gauges were fine and others not so much.
I imagine they just made the plastic less transparent on the newer design but may have gone too far.
As you can see the RPM, Boost,and volts look perfect...the others lacking.

(Note this cheap camera in the dark has difficulty focusing)

View attachment 214651
I was told the same thing and mine looks similar except my tach is much dimmer. I tried taking pictures but the auto exposure on my Iphone kept brightening it up and it looked ok! I'd rather have them too bright and install my dimmer.

I just got an email from Mark. My redone gauges are being shipped today.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 144
Back