You can type here any text you want

Roll Call TAI TurboBuick.com National's!!!!! 2013

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
well here ya go..............

here is a reminder from reynolds last yr my first pass of the trailer.................

i'm in the left lane.........

Patrick Where is the back half MPH? only 22 mph gain?? You playing some shenanigans I see...

His convertor is to lose, he really needs a PTC!!!

That's my opinion am I'm stickin to IT!!

No, He's dropping the boost 20 psi on the back half to make you look better ;)

NOPE!!!!

I saw the log!!!!!!

Patrck really could use a PTC!!! he's got a good short time but its a L/U 9/11 and he isn't lockin it up!!!

I want to see him TURN IT UP!!!!!!

I know he COULD BE FASTER!!!!

JD

Patrick Where is the back half MPH? only 22 mph gain?? You playing some shenanigans I see...

Jason

There is no smoke and mirrors here. Thats simply what the car runs. Do you remember that i even swapped out the trans fluid to the multi-trac to see if it would maybe tighten the convertor. I even swapped out the tires to the mickey t 275 and then the hoosier 275's that shook really really hard then i broke the ring gear the very next pass on sat morning........

I'll post a log of that run for everyone to see what the boost and stuff . it should be around 24 psi and creep up some on the very top of the track as the rpm gets to 6k . damn ball bearing turbos love to spool..................... or the motor quits breathing well.........

here is the log file from that pass guys...........I just noticed that as the boost creeped up it went rich as hell up top like in the 9.2-9.3 range thats not good for power is it??

Attachments

Looks like u just need to turn up the boost!!!!

Side by side racin comin to a track near you!!!!

Track slip coming tomorrow. Not sure how far I will push it on our first outing.:confused: The mph will be there for some 6 sec passes.;)

How about an actual question???
Is a frame notch allowed in JD's class? I mean TAI??? Hahaha
I'm thinking of squeezing the 325's under my car and wanted to check first.

Thanks

Hahahahahaha.

4 rules, we use the K I S S METHOD!!

109 block
3 bolt turbo
Weight 3450 iron heads 3550 aluminum
All racers fill up with 10 gallons from same gas station day of race

Doesn't get much simpler then THAT!!!

I do love this class, great bunch of guys and gals that just want to have FUN!!!

we4Mateo said:
I'm excited to see that beast with 325s under it! If I get my car out, I'll be glad to lose to you!

I'm hoping they fit. The way it's going...I will build the rear to center 295-55's with an un-notched frame. I will run spacers to put the rims where they need to be. When I add the notched frame...I'll add the 325's and remove the spacers and the extra width should fall right into place. I built several Pro Street cars back in the day, so I can figure this stuff out pretty easy.
When I say spacers...I mean I will machine spacers and fasten them to the axles flange faces. I won't be just sandwiching cheap spacers between the rim and axle. I don't like that. If its basically added to the axle, it's much stronger. It will fit tight on the centering ring of the axle.
Should work. I just hope the 325's will fit and not be crammed in too tight.

we4Mateo said:
My buddy has 325s on 18" Fiske's and they work and look great. Yours will too.

Mine will be on Chromed 15x10 Vectors. Stock T wheels, chromed, in the front with MT SR Flame radials. Basically it will look like a Hot Rod version of a WE4.
Oh yeah...I have a Carbon Fiber downforce front air dam and a Carbon Fiber downforce wing going on.
Follow my build thread...it will all be in there.

Mine will be on Chromed 15x10 Vectors. Stock T wheels, chromed, in the front with MT SR Flame radials. Basically it will look like a Hot Rod version of a WE4.
Oh yeah...I have a Carbon Fiber downforce front air dam and a Carbon Fiber downforce wing going on.
Follow my build thread...it will all be in there.

Already do...;)

Back