You can type here any text you want

Roll Call TAI TurboBuick.com National's!!!!! 2013

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
jdsgnx said:
Not bragging but that's not all I can DO!!

U will find out one of these days when actually show up with your car TO RACE!!!

What? Gonna show me how to sleep at the line?

and then

You shouldn't eat snow period. No matter what color it is, but ESPECIALLY if it ain't white!

We are all tryin to teach something new to Clint!

He's a little special and needs a little help every now and then!!

Ms. FastNasty said:
Hell. I'll show up with a pair of roller blades and have a decent chance with your reaction times.

Wow JD so everyone knows that you have narcolepsy when it comes to the light

Wow JD so everyone knows that you have narcolepsy when it comes to the light

well i can tell ya about it.........

I beat him on pump gas and true street tires cause i was too lazy to swap out tires for TAI......hell i didn't even have alky on the car and raced cause there was not enough cars....

A picture is worth a thousand words........... I'm in the right lane........shazam....

IMAG0430.jpg

Just so were clear, I have been fighting some issues for awhile and yep you got me, like I said before cant win them all, but issues are fixed and that isn't gonna happen AGAIN!!

jdsgnx said:
Just so were clear, I have been fighting some issues for awhile and yep you got me, like I said before cant win them all, but issues are fixed and that isn't gonna happen AGAIN!!

JD...honest answer. Are you pushing your car as hard as it can go? What does it have left in it...? 9.8, 9.7 ??? Just wondering.
I am building a Street car/ Showcar and when I run it...it will have a ton left over. Just wondering how you and some others approach their goal.
I want a 9 sec time slip to stick in my glovebox...then I'm dropping the boost back and will go 10.4-10.3's all day without stressing parts. I know mid to low 10's is pretty fast, but many have said mine should go 140+ in the 1/4 when really opened up. I feel it will live a good life going a half sec slower then it's full potential.
I know guys are gonna say "you'll turn it up once you get the fell", but I know I won't.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Coach

JD...honest answer. Are you pushing your car as hard as it can go? What does it have left in it...? 9.8, 9.7 ??? Just wondering.
I am building a Street car/ Showcar and when I run it...it will have a ton left over. Just wondering how you and some others approach their goal.
I want a 9 sec time slip to stick in my glovebox...then I'm dropping the boost back and will go 10.4-10.3's all day without stressing parts. I know mid to low 10's is pretty fast, but many have said mine should go 140+ in the 1/4 when really opened up. I feel it will live a good life going a half sec slower then it's full potential.
I know guys are gonna say "you'll turn it up once you get the fell", but I know I won't.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Coach

coach

I was told the same thing. But i still have not turned it up. I'm very comfy running in the low 10's and i know that the engine is not getting maxed out.......
The 9's timeslip i don't really care for. The entire reason i built this engine was cause i got tired of using everybody's else used up junk! so i bit the bullet and built a stroker with great parts and i hope it lives long and prosper with my very conservative tune up. But it's still making a shit load of power! My main goal for this combo is a weird one( just like the owner) is i simply wanted to be about to run in the high 6's on pure pump gas(no alky). I have done that now at my local track i ran a best of a 6.77 on pump gas with just a tad bit of knock @ 18-19 psi boost. so i found my limit!!!!!

coach

I was told the same thing. But i still have not turned it up. I'm very comfy running in the low 10's and i know that the engine is not getting maxed out.......
The 9's timeslip i don't really care for. The entire reason i built this engine was cause i got tired of using everybody's else used up junk! so i bit the bullet and built a stroker with great parts and i hope it lives long and prosper with my very conservative tune up. But it's still making a shit load of power! My main goal for this combo is a weird one( just like the owner) is i simply wanted to be about to run in the high 6's on pure pump gas(no alky). I have done that now at my local track i ran a best of a 6.77 on pump gas with just a tad bit of knock @ 18-19 psi boost. so i found my limit!!!!!

You and I have similar goals. I too am overbuilding and never plan on running nines. If I'm eliminated quickly from TAI in BG someday, I may use race gas and turn it up, but if that never happens, I'm ok with that. I'm more worried about finding the limits of pump/alky than I am my next motor, but I don't like using leaded race gas in cars with O2 sensors.

It seem like great minds think alike. That's the same reason I'm having my stroker built. Do it right the first time and be done with it. My goals are like coach one 9's pass just to cause of all the hard work i put in and then 10.20 to 10.50 and I'm happy as a fat kid with cake and ice cream. :D

It seem like great minds think alike. That's the same reason I'm having my stroker built. Do it right the first time and be done with it. My goals are like coach one 9's pass just to cause of all the hard work i put in and then 10.20 to 10.50 and I'm happy as a fat kid with cake and ice cream. :D
Denell, damn it...dont mention "cake"!!! I got 3 1/2 more weeks before my show and I am getting the cravings sooner then ever before. I sat down the other night and watched 3 episodes of U.S. of Bacon...that was shear torture.
I havent had anything not on my show prep diet since Dec 26th!!!!

I really appreciate the answers. I was told by a few that my cars potential was HUGE compared to what I want. Some think I am dumb for wasting the extra cash and never using the quality of parts I invested in. I honestly have purchased every item as if I were building a TSM engine. My same model turbo was used by Jason White on a few test passes and he went 8's with it. My heads are way more killer then I need and I jumped to 95# inj, so I could hit 9.7's or faster without too much duty cycle. I would really like a slip for 700rwhp and 9 sec pass. I could go to sleep happy then.

Back