TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

It's SAD that the GSCA isn't open for new ideas & technology. No wonder car counts & attendance #'s are down. The Nat's are starting to look more like Jurasic park than a REAL car event.

I don't think that is the case at all, I attend about every other year and agree it is not what it used to be. It is still the largest Buick event out there, the classes are evolving, slowly but they are changing for the better. It's just not true to make a statement saying the GSCA doesn't allow new ideas or technology. I participate in the race classes, always have and can saying changes do happen. The GSCA has tried to keep the cars as pure stock appearing as possible, that is their philosophy and quite frankly I like it, it's called The Buick Nationals for a reason... car and attendance down has more to do with the times and age of the car..
thats my take...

Glad to see you finally figured out what I've been saying since my first post... Guess it must have something to do with the messenger and not the message... :) Hope to see you at BG.. it'll be a blast, as always..

nope ...just the fact I am English and it gets lost in translation...:biggrin:

Pump gas & Alky, I'm down for that. Who else is in? Grumpy? Jack?
Are we still talking quick 8 and bracket or consistant field for the rest?
Mike

the way some are talking we won't be in the 8 car field :eek: :biggrin: .. hey we are lookin forward to it .. as far as the GSCA.. I don't think it will matter to them ... they were very accommodating to us "damm yankee's" :biggrin: PLUS you make your "own" good times... remember guys life is short !!! live it up while your here ;)

I don't think that is the case at all, I attend about every other year and agree it is not what it used to be. It is still the largest Buick event out there, the classes are evolving, slowly but they are changing for the better. It's just not true to make a statement saying the GSCA doesn't allow new ideas or technology. I participate in the race classes, always have and can saying changes do happen. The GSCA has tried to keep the cars as pure stock appearing as possible, that is their philosophy and quite frankly I like it, it's called The Buick Nationals for a reason... car and attendance down has more to do with the times and age of the car..
thats my take...

The GSCA has always enjoyed remaining in the stone age. Why is a 455 Buick welcomed in a Regal body & a Pontiac V8, Olds V8 or heaven forbid a small block Chevy looked down upon?? If there philosophy was stock appearing they should welcome those car combinations as each engine was Factory installed in a Regal...... not the dinosaur Buick 455.

Maybe the rules for this class should be:
Everyone copy "Grumpy's" AWESOME combo.
10.00 Bracket race for some GSCA trinkets
Sit back & enjoy a 4 or 5 car bracket race

thats my take...

OMG :eek: !!!!!! I actually totally agree with Jack !!!! someone make note of this:biggrin:

Why is a 455 Buick welcomed in a Regal body & a Pontiac V8, Olds V8 or heaven forbid a small block Chevy looked down upon??
Maybe because they are not Buicks and this is a Buick only event? Makes sense to me.

Maybe the rules for this class should be:
Everyone copy "Grumpy's" AWESOME combo.
10.00 Bracket race for some GSCA trinkets
Sit back & enjoy a 4 or 5 car bracket race

If is is only 4 or 5 cars everyone will make the quick 8 :biggrin: no brackets at all. I cannot speak for the other guys but as much as I like Grumpy, Melissa and Russ I have my own ideas on what to try.
Mike

Maybe because they are not Buicks and this is a Buick only event? Makes sense to me.

I was talking about Buicks. The Regal was available with a Pontiac V8, Olds V8 & a Chevy V8 but unable to race at this Buick event with the engine it ORIGINALLY came with. If it has a Buick body what's the problem??

I was talking about Buicks. The Regal was available with a Pontiac V8, Olds V8 & a Chevy V8 but unable to race at this Buick event with the engine it ORIGINALLY came with. If it has a Buick body what's the problem??

ahhhhhh... I remember now ... the "Roadmaster" DEBATE :eek: :rolleyes: YES they should let those run !!!

I had a long conversation with Julio the other day and he made some really good points including his take on tires. After our conversation I totally agree that slicks are the way to go and keep cost down. I am not even sure that it would have to be limited to a 109 block. If someone wants to run their mega dollar stage motor on pump gas and alky and put up a number so be it. It won't be me and I am not sure many of those guys would do that. If someone does I will line up next to them and see how it turns out.

I guess my take is if being the big duck in this tiny little Buick puddle is what someones life is based on that's sad. Bring your car, race it, learn something new from what someone else is doing, HAVE FUN.

New rules proposal pump gas alky. Let's play. :D

I like this idea. Keep it simple.
I haven't seen a proposed rule for the ratio of pump gas to alky yet.:rolleyes:

TAI class ruling

I agree that running a bracket style will keep everything on an even playing field for everyone and allowing anything from a 10.00 to 13.00 run bracket and having a chance winning.

Having a Quick 8 allows the big guns come out and play. These are the guys that have spent the time to tune a 9 second car to run on pump gas with alky. However lets say we have a very diverse TAI Quick 8 field.

1. 9.88
2. 9.99
3. 10.20
4. 10.23
5. 10.48
6. 10.70
7. 10.99
8. 11.35

We know that TAI Quick 8 qualifyers 5, 6, 7 and 8 really do not stand a chance heads up to advance to the 2nd round but miracles do happen. Whoever losses in the first round, they can now bumped down to run the TAI bracket and still have a chance at winning the bracket event.

I would not average the qualifying times of the Quick 8 as everyone will turn it down a little to run a good average and then turn it up making the Quick 8 not true to what they qualified with.

Thanks
John Martin

What about having Julio and the Sponsors hammer out the class rules and then we can start asking Santa for presents that fit the class??:cool:

I say DOT and you have to DRIVE them down to the event.:eek:
No slicks in the trunk on the way down, now that's street. :)

all this for 5 cars that will actually show up :eek: :p

maybe..I will not attend the Nats...but the Nats are not the only Buick Racing Event...would be nice to have a set of rules that can be applied to other locations...that is my interest

maybe..I will not attend the Nats...but the Nats are not the only Buick Racing Event...would be nice to have a set of rules that can be applied to other locations...that is my interest

ya it would be nice to have something like that for those that go to other events .. makes things easier :cool:

Jack, I didn't mean to step on toe's. This was not for the quick 8 class of course. I thought before I heard what Razor had to say, that it was going to be a big turn out. I was thinking that it was goimg to be a lot of mid 10 cars to low 11. I was really reply about when they was talk no front mounts, turbo sizes. The tires at that times was the cheapest change with out buying new Tubos/Intercooler. But like I said, that was before I heard about the low turn out last year and track condition. LOL! Did mean any harm. PS. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO HAVE 2 HEADS UP CLASSES AND STILL HAVE BRACKET'S ALSO. QUICK 8, PURE STREET,AND BRACKET. I guess not enough cars.

Jack, I didn't mean to step on toe's. This was not for the quick 8 class of course. I thought before I heard what Razor had to say, that it was going to be a big turn out. I was think that it was goimg to be a lot of mid 10 cars to low 11. I was really reply about when they was talk no front mounts, turbo sizes. The tires at that times was the cheapest change with out buying new Tubos/Intercooler. But like I said, that was before I heard about the low turn out last year and track condition. LOL! Did mean any harm.

Don't worry Bro... I love ya..... I wear steel tip boots...

Just so you know... it doesn't matter if you run an 11.0 car against a 10.0 car...... tires, front mounts, turbos or whether you have AC or not.... will not make a differance at the end of the track... dial your number in, cut a good lite and it's anyones race. It doesn't matter who 60 fts better, it only matters that you 60 ft consistently. Everyone car, no matter how fast has the same chance to win.... it's up to the driver once the lite comes down... :cool: