TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

No boost controller..... that doesn't make much sense Curtis... how do you propose we control boost.... Throw JR under the hood with a pair of pliers...:biggrin:
As for tire size agin.... plenty of street cars with larger than 275's... with 10 second power, tough to hook dem little bitty tires.. not that we can't.... I've been racing for a few years and tires are not going to even the playing field. The bottom line, run your dial in and you don't have to worry about the guy in the other lane...

Don't worry Bro... I love ya..... I wear steel tip boots...

Just so you know... it doesn't matter if you run an 11.0 car against a 10.0 car...... tires, front mounts, turbos or whether you have AC or not.... will not make a differance at the end of the track... dial your number in, cut a good lite and it's anyones race. It doesn't matter who 60 fts better, it only matters that you 60 ft consistently. Everyone car, no matter how fast has the same chance to win.... it's up to the driver once the lite comes down... :cool:
Dang, Jack, does this mean that I can't assist fellow racers with the new and improved boost controller pliers that I have been secertly working on. :biggrin: Jr. P.S. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS

Man I cant believe it.. no more turbo sizing quibbling. Really cool.. so 76 it is :cool:

There is one part of the equation, I know the class is called TAI. I'm inclined to change it to "Turbo Anything Injected". Let the creativity be a cornerstone of the class. Propane, windshield washer fluid, acetone, hydrogen peroxide, etc.. If you have a mad scientist out there.. let him show up. Just remember the 93 in the tank. And the ability for the vehicle to pass tech.

Here's another take.. to make it a street class.. cars meet at Beechbend on Friday morning then drive to the host "gas station" to fill up with the other cars.. then we all drive back to the track. At the time of fillup is where the TAI decals and numbers get placed on the cars. Also, I want all the racers participating in the class to have a cheap walkie talkie on them set to an agreed channel.. so when we call out first round everyone's ready. The track is hard to listen to through their PA system.

Gas tanks will be sealed with a tamper proof label as well as fuel rails. Any damage to the seal will disqualify the participant. Peer tech will happen at the gas station. Once we get to the track.. lets get ready to rumble :D

Safety equipment should match the vehicles performance level per the NHRA rules. If the track chooses to enforce or not.. that is up to the track. Not us.

Also no switchable fuel systems will be permitted. 93 octane must flow from the "6" injectors. Trunks will be inspected ;)

Now.. While I like allowing any Buick to run.. I want to keep this a 109/140 block class. The only way this rule will be bent is if there is low participation.. then pretty much anything goes on pump gas. This paragraph has been tough to write, as I want participation. But my thoughts is weight and engine displacement equalized. Hope everyone is line with the preceding paragraphs.

Also, while this may be a class to run at other events, lets stay on focus here. Please lets stay on the same track. No discussions of other events.. start another thread please.

On the slick tire thing.. I say they are optional.. and.. max size is same as TSM 28x10. I dont want to see a 14x32 Goodyear under anyones car :D Just remember you'll be driving through town on slicks :redface: if you choose this route. As well as insurance, tags, registration, exhuast, etc.

The major portion of the proceeds will go the Quick8 winner. As this will be the one running 4-6 rounds and hammering the hardest.

Man I cant believe it.. no more turbo sizing quibbling. Really cool.. so 76 it is :cool:

There is one part of the equation, I know the class is called TAI. I'm inclined to change it to "Turbo Anything Injected". Let the creativity be a cornerstone of the class. Propane, windshield washer fluid, acetone, hydrogen peroxide, etc.. If you have a mad scientist out there.. let him show up. Just remember the 93 in the tank. And the ability for the vehicle to pass tech.

Here's another take.. to make it a street class.. cars meet at Beechbend on Friday morning then drive to the host "gas station" to fill up with the other cars.. then we all drive back to the track. At the time of fillup is where the TAI decals and numbers get placed on the cars. Also, I want all the racers participating in the class to have a cheap walkie talkie on them set to an agreed channel.. so when we call out first round everyone's ready. The track is hard to listen to through their PA system.

Gas tanks will be sealed with a tamper proof label as well as fuel rails. Any damage to the seal will disqualify the participant. Peer tech will happen at the gas station. Once we get to the track.. lets get ready to rumble :D

Safety equipment should match the vehicles performance level per the NHRA rules. If the track chooses to enforce or not.. that is up to the track. Not us.

Also no switchable fuel systems will be permitted. 93 octane must flow from the "6" injectors. Trunks will be inspected ;)

Now.. While I like allowing any Buick to run.. I want to keep this a 109/140 block class. The only way this rule will be bent is if there is low participation.. then pretty much anything goes on pump gas. This paragraph has been tough to write, as I want participation. But my thoughts is weight and engine displacement equalized. Hope everyone is line with the preceding paragraphs.

Also, while this may be a class to run at other events, lets stay on focus here. Please lets stay on the same track. No discussions of other events.. start another thread please.

On the slick tire thing.. I say they are optional.. and.. max size is same as TSM 28x10. I dont want to see a 14x32 Goodyear under anyones car :D Just remember you'll be driving through town on slicks :redface: if you choose this route. As well as insurance, tags, registration, exhuast, etc.

The major portion of the proceeds will go the Quick8 winner. As this will be the one running 4-6 rounds and hammering the hardest.

That is the post I was looking for. Your the man!

Jason

Tire size input

I am good with the 28x10 but FYI TSM is 29.5 10.5 cut and paste from the TSM site.
Tires & Wheels

• Any matched set of four (4), 15” diameter chrome steel or aluminum wheels allowed.
• Rear drag slicks w/sidewall designation up to and including 29.5” x 10.5” - 15”. No "W" tires allowed. Rear DOT street tires w/sidewall designation up to and including a 29.5” x 12.5” - 15” size tires are allowed. Rear tire footprint when installed on a rim and mounted on the car can not exceed a maximum of 10.6" in width at 10 psig checking pressure. Tires may not be shaved at the tread edge to meet the 10.6" maximum tread width rule.
• Front tire footprint must be at least 3.5" wide

325/50/15 drag radials are bigger than a 28 x 10.5 slick, so how about any size street tire?

I dont see problem with this tire size.. any objections..

Hoosier and MT and a few others make 14x32 with a DOT stamp.. I have objections on a huge tire under the fenders. I say we follow TSM rules on slicks. If you cant do it on a tire that size, we'll address it next year.

Are 4 link suspensions allowed? Must the tailpipe exit the rear?... I dont care on these.. any objections :D

street cars should have a dot approved tire.if this is a street car class than slicks should not be used.i understand as the cars get faster and faster the drivers may prefer but where is the line between street car and race car?

Razor you keep slipping Nitrous out of your mouth:eek: , this class will need Huggies to sponsor it if there aren't any limits on power adders etc.

Let's not start with the exhaust out the back stuff, another ticky tack IMO and doesn't mean anything performance wise.
Oh ya, mine are out the sides too. :smile:

And did you see Mike DID have a Borg Warner turbo done, oh you sneaky guy. You were going to hide it on us and mop up the field on whatever the turbo limit was. ;)

do you think the GSCA would let me attend....not to go off topic...but this is starting to sound like a fun class

I see no reason why not,And I cant see any reason for you not to come.

Only reason you couldn't is if you are NOT a GSCA member. It states all members who race have to be current GSCA members.

Or have a shirt/decal with RRR and a line through it...:rolleyes: Oh ok, i wont get this into one of 'those' kind of threads! :tongue:

-Adam

the rules now are worse than any other class.
I still stand on 67 turbo,Dot tires,3500#s
full exhaust,all working factory acc.

We all know everyone has the own opinion of a street car.
I called my last car a street car as I drove it on the street.

But what i have described above,Is MY idea of a real street car.

As far as slicks,My car was mch more stable and I feel safer with
the drag radial.