You can type here any text you want

TAI Class for 2008 BG Nationals

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
the rules now are worse than any other class.
I still stand on 67 turbo,Dot tires,3500#s
full exhaust,all working factory acc.

We all know everyone has the own opinion of a street car.
I called my last car a street car as I drove it on the street.

But what i have described above,Is MY idea of a real street car.

As far as slicks,My car was mch more stable and I feel safer with
the drag radial.

I agree with ya !!!! guess we will see how many actually "SHOW UP AND RACE" :rolleyes: :p

Razor you keep slipping Nitrous out of your mouth:eek: , this class will need Huggies to sponsor it if there aren't any limits on power adders etc.

Let's not start with the exhaust out the back stuff, another ticky tack IMO and doesn't mean anything performance wise.
Oh ya, mine are out the sides too. :smile:

And did you see Mike DID have a Borg Warner turbo done, oh you sneaky guy. You were going to hide it on us and mop up the field on whatever the turbo limit was. ;)

Its a 93 octane class.. trying to let creativity rule the class. And yes.. you need huggies if you turn up the boost on a huge turbo with a 109.. but that has always been a given.

No downpipe limit.. no exhuast limit except car must have a muffler.. Is this simple. Any combination welcome.

Lets see what really works and what doesnt.

the rules now are worse than any other class.
I still stand on 67 turbo,Dot tires,3500#s
full exhaust,all working factory acc.

We all know everyone has the own opinion of a street car.
I called my last car a street car as I drove it on the street.

But what i have described above,Is MY idea of a real street car.

As far as slicks,My car was mch more stable and I feel safer with
the drag radial.

Otto.. are you going to with 100% certainty be bringing a car to run in this class?

Do you still have to meet all these rules to run in the brackets?

There are no rules in brackets. You run your dial in and reaction time. There are regular safety rules with brackets as safety equipment must meet the ET/MPH.

So it has nothing to do with any class.

There are no rules in brackets. You run your dial in and reaction time. There are regular safety rules with brackets as safety equipment must meet the ET/MPH.

So it has nothing to do with any class.

I had to ask. It wasn't made real clear. It sounded like everyone that met the rules would make qualifying passes and the quick 8 would run off in a heads up deal, then the rest would go into brackets. I assumed that still meant you had to be within the rules for the brackets. So, I guess that as long as you're trying to make the quick 8 field, that would be the only reason to configure your car to the rules. Have I got this right?

Are there going to be special brackets setup for Buick only or is it the normal track brackets venue where the spill over Buicks will be mixed in with all the local non-Buick cars?

Otto.. are you going to with 100% certainty be bringing a car to run in this class?

Hell ya as long as my hybrid is allowed!
Pulling the olds motor today,The top end of my engine is in mass being finished by the master;)

Also unless its in peices by then,It is a 30,000 mile STOCK shortblock:eek:
Hope I can find a good tuner and it should last

Sounds like a place a TSM car could come to kick a little arse. Guess will see how fast the little motor will go on pump gas and alky.

I agree with ya !!!! guess we will see how many actually "SHOW UP AND RACE" :rolleyes: :p

You are in for a surprise. We had 50 cars internet racing in tsm first year and had 4 show up at the first race. First car to run really low number it will sound like a nursery (boohoo) right at the track. I remember we thought we were taking the TSM elephant gun GN to Norwalk first race running bottom 10s only to see Dave B. run a low 10 first pass.

Lonnie, was that a qualifying pass or a test and tune pass when Dave hurt his car?
See ya, Kip

Only reason you couldn't is if you are NOT a GSCA member. It states all members who race have to be current GSCA members.

Or have a shirt/decal with RRR and a line through it...:rolleyes: Oh ok, i wont get this into one of 'those' kind of threads! :tongue:

-Adam

This year the GSCA is allowing non members to compete...:smile:

Really?
Thats cool.
I still like to sign up anyway.
I enjoy the GS-XTRA

SO, I can bring a 109 block, with a 76 turbo, TSM tires, and N2O as long as I run pump gas through the 6 injectors and spray alky? What weight can we be at? If you look at the big picture after you get past the quick 8 (which could see some VERY interesting cars) this class opens the doors for lots of folks to race.
Mike

WARNING, PERSONAL OPINION : while I have not always agreed with the GSCA I would encourage everyone that plans to race to at least join for the year to help keep the event alive </opinion>

SO, I can bring a 109 block, with a 76 turbo, TSM tires, and N2O as long as I run pump gas through the 6 injectors and spray alky? What weight can we be at? If you look at the big picture after you get past the quick 8 (which could see some VERY interesting cars) this class opens the doors for lots of folks to race.
Mike

WARNING, PERSONAL OPINION : while I have not always agreed with the GSCA I would encourage everyone that plans to race to at least join for the year to help keep the event alive </opinion>

So is it true that other than the quick 8, anything flies? Other than safety items, of course.

Or will the brackets also be required to meet certain configuration rules? You guys are not making this very clear for us.

One says brackets is brackets. Bring it on. And then others say, as long as your car has this and that. What is it?

I would suggest that if brackets is truly brackets, you should expand the quick 8 to quick 16, in case you have a crowd that bother to change over their car to meet the rules.

The way I read it everyone would have to meet the small amount of rules to enter the class at all. The 8 fastest guys go to "quick 8 alky", and the rest go to the "alky brackets".

Mike

Back