THDP????? Why

I have an ATR, THDP style. I bet they sold a lot.

Yes, and they also got just as many returns. Bad/cheap puck design. They tried to copy the THDP style but weren't very successful at all.

Yes, and they also got just as many returns. Bad/cheap puck design. They tried to copy the THDP style but weren't very successful at all.

Had a sticking problem with mine, sent it back and the only thing i had to pay for was the shipping to get it to them. Not a problem since. Seals up fine and will clear the ATR or Hooker style headers.

There's no copyright problems with a THDP, after all he copied it from someone else in Jersey anyway. :p

My Mease pipe is just as good as my THDP.

I would trust RJC to make a good one for sure. :cool:

Nothing magical about a new or used one, from a reputable seller and asking a couple of puck questions when buying to avoid any surprises.

There's no copyright problems with a THDP, after all he copied it from someone else in Jersey anyway. :p

My Mease pipe is just as good as my THDP.

I would trust RJC to make a good one for sure. :cool:

Nothing magical about a new or used one, from a reputable seller and asking a couple of puck questions when buying to avoid any surprises.

I would have to agree. My Mease DP is very well made. If it weren't for the personality of the builder, he would be the top seller in my opinion. On the other hand, I love RJC stuff. Whatever I have of his is top notch.

WE have been reading and doing a "little research" for a upcomming class project and we see threads about THDP's. What makes this downpipe better than other make of downpipes? :confused:

Terry houston was the first who created this style of downpipe, but there are now several manufacturers who make them...but people still refer to them as a "Terry Houston" style downpipe...
:)

Claude.

P.S: Strangely, both these renown downpipe fabricators are shady people... (Mease is a known crook and Houston is supposedly in jail) ...:rolleyes:

Anyone thats stainless, one piece mandrel bent, fits, and doesnt have problems with the puck sealing, or the the swing valve assembly sticking is just as good as any Mease or TH dp. Very few have been able to copy with the same lasting quality though. Every ATR i know of has seized at least once. The only fix is to remove the swing valve and ream the hole and re-install the swing valve.

i would have to disagree about the mease downpipe beeing good. IMOP it was a POS. puck would freeze up and the flage was was kinda like mease himself crooked.

How does a potential buyer identify the “real” Terry Houston dp from other brands of dp?

i would prefer a THDP over any other, but my second choice would be RJC, then the GBODY parts down pipe.

Anyone thats stainless, one piece mandrel bent, fits, and doesnt have problems with the puck sealing, or the the swing valve assembly sticking is just as good as any Mease or TH dp. Very few have been able to copy with the same lasting quality though. Every ATR i know of has seized at least once. The only fix is to remove the swing valve and ream the hole and re-install the swing valve.

i have had 3 atr's 1 had a seizing problem and i fixed it.1 i bought new 6 years ago at the end of atr being around never had a problem and the last 1 have not had it long .

i also have another 2 piece down pipe not sure who made it? mine is the same 1 in the thread below.

anybody know who made it?
http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/parts-sale/301797-thdp-test-pipe.html

Rjc the only way to go

I installed my rjc and it fit great and looked bad A$$.:cool:

Why not go with a External Gate and forgetta bout it?
Preference, room requirement for gate in engine department(due to turbo oil filter, relocated engine oil filter, overflow rad. container and slic), decision on which gate--size, location and brand-- and the cost. I guess, if, we didnot have to "deal" with all of the above mention items :rolleyes: --- we could go with a external gate BUT right-now......internal.

Still would like to know how to identify the "real" THdp from others.