You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Putting stock 30 lb injectors back in, will report back on the results............#1 cylinder is now working again , af dipping back into the 9s again at idle, dont want to foul the plugs for the 5th time.

NEWS FLASH!

Put in old nasty looking stock injectors , car will not even fire a few plugs are soaked some are dry 3 foot puddle of gas under the car ...just F**CKED...........time to get back in the house..........

Is it possible that your 180* out on the cam pickup?
Nope I check that, I just might have just have more bad inj, ordering some new inj. not happy with this mess at all.

NEWS FLASH!

Put in old nasty looking stock injectors , car will not even fire a few plugs are soaked some are dry 3 foot puddle of gas under the car ...just F**CKED...........time to get back in the house..........
I had a feeling that was not going to help. You need a second Head there to solve this. If you pay the Air fair and a few can come over and get this
running. Then we can solve the mystery..

what are the odds that you got 12 bad injectors??

Not 12 just a few I would say....this is when you don;t have your own flow bench, getting temped to buy one one day.

I had a feeling that was not going to help. You need a second Head there to solve this. If you pay the Air fair and a few can come over and get this
running. Then we can solve the mystery..
Thanks Joe anyway , I'll figure it out, once I have some parts that I know are proven to work..

Is it possible that your 180* out on the cam pickup?

That won't make any diference with a distributor setup. If the distributor was 180* out, that's a diferent story. I would leave the cam signal unplugged until you get this thing sorted. Just one less variable.

May have asked already but , did you make sure the spark plug wires are in the correct positions on the cap and that they are in a clockwise rotation looking down at the cap. Firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2-1 Never hurts to double check!! Mike

May have asked already but , did you make sure the spark plug wires are in the correct positions on the cap and that they are in a clockwise rotation looking down at the cap. Firing order is 1-6-5-4-3-2-1 Never hurts to double check!! Mike

Yes MIke everything is fine now in the ignition area. I have alot of variables in the system right now need to be sorted out, as Cal Mentioned.

Sounds like a standalone engine harness and another injector harness would be next on the list. Get rid of that old factory wiring harness.

Sounds like a standalone engine harness and another injector harness would be next on the list. Get rid of that old factory wiring harness.

Might be a good idea, injector harness is new though, I am getting some smaller injectors as a loaner to test, was all set to order some new ones , but, local help is coming to the rescue.

I picked up another set of 55 lb Rochester injectors and they work!!!!!!!! However I now have a dreaded crank sync error above 1500 rpm, and misfire. Seems the tming is ok at idle but if i rev it it sets a code and then it starts moving about 4 degrees retarded, played with inductive delay but it still did not change a thing, timing still moves around.

Update............Holley hall effect crank trigger is finally shipping, should have it in a week then i can get rid of the VR sensor, and be a happy camper........

I've been working on some intake piping, until my parts come in, I still looking a for a 5" inlet diameter filter, I might have to get something custom made by K&N

pip2.jpg

Update............Holley hall effect crank trigger is finally shipping, should have it in a week then i can get rid of the VR sensor, and be a happy camper........

I really can't see much of an advantage of that over stock. We made 1427hp @ 8200 rpm with a stock sensor this weekend :eek:

I really can't see much of an advantage of that over stock. We made 1427hp @ 8200 rpm with a stock sensor this weekend :eek:

Yes I can I don;t have to take the balancer off and re-clock it at my expense.with all the shipping etc..:) Wow those are nice numbers.........details?

Yes I can I don;t have to take the balancer off and re-clock it at my expense.with all the shipping etc..:) Wow those are nice numbers.........details?

It's not too hard to take a balancer off. I guess the MSD mounts to the pulley? As far as shipping, do it your self. I'm sure you have shipping costs on the MSD. Your car, do it your way. I just like the KISS method, myself.

No real details. The customer would rather wait until the track to showcase his combination.

It's not too hard to take a balancer off. I guess the MSD mounts to the pulley? As far as shipping, do it your self. I'm sure you have shipping costs on the MSD. Your car, do it your way. I just like the KISS method, myself.

No real details. The customer would rather wait until the track to showcase his combination.

Only a few cars that I know of can make that kind of power.........hmmm....

Back