You can type here any text you want

Time to go stage II with A/C!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Check your valve adjustments, first.

That is a big job, it takes about 1 hour just to get the pass side valve cover off, with the AC box in the way.Driver side not so bad but the cleaning of the silicone off the head surfaces is very time consuming also. I;m taking a breather working on some A/C lines and drier relocation for now. I got my china catch can so I also have to put that in.

I hope you will take the time to make sure the valve adjustments aren't contributing to the knock readings. It could really spoil any future testing if any valves are loose. Not to mention, it's a good point in your engine breakin to give the valvetrain a good look over.

Alky V6 said:
I hope you will take the time to make sure the valve adjustments aren't contributing to the knock readings. It could really spoil any future testing if any valves are loose. Not to mention, it's a good point in your engine breakin to give the valvetrain a good look over.

I told him the same thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

One of the big nasties of making more horsepower is more frequent valvetrain checks and adjustments. A very big reason why most get that annoying A/C box out of the way. But, some feel having the A/C is worth it. To each their own.

Alky V6 said:
One of the big nasties of making more horsepower is more frequent valvetrain checks and adjustments. A very big reason why most get that annoying A/C box out of the way. But, some feel having the A/C is worth it. To each their own.

Did you guys ever look at the cam profile data I posted for Norb's cam ?
AG

Did you guys ever look at the cam profile data I posted for Norb's cam ?
AG
It would take me a bunch load of time to work that data into a cam file I could use with the sim. I would also spend as much time making up a compressor map for his application. Without accurate flow numbers on his heads, and an accurate compressor map to go off of, it would simply be a long exercise in futility.

It would take me a bunch load of time to work that data into a cam file I could use with the sim. I would also spend as much time making up a compressor map for his application. Without accurate flow numbers on his heads, and an accurate compressor map to go off of, it would simply be a long exercise in futility.

Just just Allan;s flow numbers and subract 25% that would be accurate enough for me, change valve sizes to 2.02 and 1.6.. I have posted all the compressor map data its all there.

Just just Allan;s flow numbers and subract 25% that would be accurate enough for me, change valve sizes to 2.02 and 1.6.. I have posted all the compressor map data its all there.
Is the comp map exactly for your turbo?
Bring Allan's numbers forward for me.

Yes sir, and you can use the 1.01 A/R flow table also. I posted.

So, you're telling me that you still don't have any head flow numbers?

Give me a few minutes I have 700 emails to sort through from him...

Give me a few minutes I have 700 emails to sort through from him...

Norbs,

I sent the head flow data. This data was taken 13 years ago by my super stock racing buddies. I don't remember the flow bench type but I do remember they needed to convert the numbers to the higher scale since they were originally taken on 7th scale(whatever that is). They had some very accurate flow conversion factors and they had a lot of faith in the data. That is all that I can remember and can't answer why data wasn't taken at the very low lifts.

Allan G.

I was digging through some old paperwork and the guys who flowed my heads also did my boat heads. These guys were really big Ford guys so they had more detailed information on the flow sheets since these were Edelbrock Ford 460 heads they flowed. Well anyway the flowsheet says 110 flowbench assuming that is the model. Just to pick a few data points from there collected data, at 700 lift the heads flowed 328/212. Edelbrocks advertised flow nembers (not taken from the same heads) were 326/207. This was taken with a plate around the port openings and a pipe on the exhaust port, don't know how Edelbrock captured the data. At .200 lift my buddies data was 152/120, Edelbrocks data was 140/118. This will give you a feel for the reliability of the data.
Allan G.

I hope Donnie can come up with some good results with your numbers.

norbs said:
I hope Donnie can come up with some good results with your numbers.

I know from talking with other people that those flow numbers are on par with most others who had flow numbers.
AG

In the coming week, I'll try to put something together. Realize that the time it will take to enter these detailed numbers will take a good amount of time. A chore I'm not really looking forward to. I will be doing this only when I find myself bored and have nothing better to do. If you really need a quicker answer, you're welcome to buy the program and do the work yourself.
Not trying to be a hard azz, but just realize that this is not high on my priority list.

I just finished spending 4 days coming up with the x y coordinates for all four walls of my intake port entry flares. I'm not real eager to sit in front of the computer entering cam and compressor data for another day.

In the coming week, I'll try to put something together. Realize that the time it will take to enter these detailed numbers will take a good amount of time. A chore I'm not really looking forward to. I will be doing this only when I find myself bored and have nothing better to do. If you really need a quicker answer, you're welcome to buy the program and do the work yourself.
Not trying to be a hard azz, but just realize that this is not high on my priority list.

I just finished spending 4 days coming up with the x y coordinates for all four walls of my intake port entry flares. I'm not real eager to sit in front of the computer entering cam and compressor data for another day.

I understand, no rush, but I don't know how many things you have to enter, can you please enlighten us?

Working on A/C stuff, getting ready for summer. Next task is battery relocation..

ac lunes copy.JPG

Update....... I am working with Dusty to see if he has a solution with my converter spool up issues...

Back