6)YES
7)YES
8)NO
9)NO
10)YES
11)NO
12)YES

Last edited:
As D Day said, I don't have a dog in this fight but from the way I see things looking from the outside in..
The ALL stock appearing is what makes this class cool!!! I have taken a few guys with TR's to look at Bill's car, they see the all stock appearing and THEN I tell them it has run in the 10's. They are dumbfounded. If control arms, valve cover spacers, cold air intake, ect, ect change happens I feel it will take away from the class cause the guys that DO know TR's will spot it...see my 1st point.
It's going to be tough to get a guy that has modded his car past TSA to go back. They may build another car but a guy that has not modded past TSA or bought a stocker would likely go for the class. This all depends on how fast one wants to go so the car count, I feel, will never be as high as lets say THS or XTSM.
A guy, such as myself, did not want to deal with the restrictions of a stock air box, downpipe, appearing turbo, ect.ect. I want to go fast. Until I added my front mount IC most of the local guys at the track probably thought it was a "stock" car. Guys like Kip could see from a mile away it wasn't. Guess it all depends on who your trying to impress or how much you want to challenge yourself in a "restrictive" class. The guys that know how hard it is to run a low # in stock appearing fashion will be the ones that respect it the most.

Sorry it has taken me so long to vote but I wanted to sit down and reread this whole thread before voting so all points were considered. That being said here goes.

1. Driver side replacement header allowed.
3. yes to weight change.
4. no TSS allowed this years ago and if we are going there lets change the name.
5. no I am with Dale that I think it was strange that it was allowed years ago but cannot see making everyone change now.
6. yes This should have never been in the rules to begin with. Good thought bad way to go about it.
7. yes Some people hate or are scared of the powermaster, this gives them a choice.
8. no This was very hard for me to decide on. My problem kept coming back to the under hood appearance.
9. no My car is begging for them and would be more fun at the track with them but is not very TSA to have them.
10. yes
11. no
12. no I know this one already lost but in the spirit of the class I think it should be in the car. My car is heavy and I have always carried it. I kinda see this the same as when I would go to the track years ago and a mustang guy would tell me he was the fastest unmodified engine and trans car in the country and I would look over at his pit and his passenger seat etc was laying there. I was never impressed with that one.

The results are in for proposed rule changes to TSA:

#1....Header system.....2 votes for no change, 1 vote for complete replacement system, 1 vote for drivers side replacement only. NO CHANGE TO EXISTING RULES.

#3.....Car weight.....1 no, 3 yes. MINIMUM CAR WEIGHT CHANGE TO 3550.

#4.....Valve cover extensions/spacers.....3 no, 1 yes. NO CHANGE TO EXISTING RULES.

#5.....Stock downpipe.....3 no, 1 yes. NO CHANGE TO EXISTING RULES.

#6.....To remove rule stating that you must show car on Friday.....4 yes. WILL BE REMOVED FROM EXISTING RULES.

#7.....Vacuum brakes for 2015.....4 yes. EXISTING RULES WILL BE AMENDED TO ALLOW VACUUM BRAKES IN 2015 FOR 86-87 TR'S.

#8.....2 additional gauges.....2 no, 2 yes, resulted in a tie. NO CHANGE TO EXISTING RULES.

#9.....Upgraded control arms in rear.....3 no, 1 yes. NO CHANGE TO EXISTING RULES.

#10.....Laptop and/or wideband allowed during qualifying.....4 yes. EXISTING RULES WILL BE AMENDED TO ALLOW LAPTOP AND/OR WIDEBAND DURING QUALIFYING.
MUST BE REMOVED FOR RACING.

#11.....Laptop and/or wideband allowed at all times.....4 no. THIS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

#12.....Spare tire and jack may be removed during qualifying and racing.....1 no, 3 yes. EXISTING RULES WILL BE AMENDED ALLOWING THIS OPTION.

Good luck to everyone.
Happy New Year!

Thanks
Bill