You can type here any text you want

tubular a arms installed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

workingdan

I just got my tubular a arms installed. They look great. :D What do you guys think? I cant wait to take the car out for a spin. Damn Michigan winters!! O well that gives me time to get my trans rebuilt and to install my alky kit!!

Attachments

• front end 001.jpg
    front end 001.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 436
  • front end 002.jpg
    front end 002.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 438
  • front end 003.jpg
    front end 003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 452
  • front end 004.jpg
    front end 004.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 453
What brand did you get?

Gbody upper and lowers.If you order from them make shure you tell them upper and lower kit. I was charged for $525 and only got the uppers. I had to call and complain and it took months to get the lowers.

wow those look awsome. cant wait to get a set for my ride.

I thought of going with the .5 " tall balljoints on the top an bottom? The upper geometry is pretty bad. from the factory. I may go for the howe race balljoints that are longer, but they are $80 each. The balljoint angle on the upper arm if you notice is pretty extreme, i found also. I'm still trying to find a distributor for these heavy duty balljoint though. The arms good great though.

By the way, if you notice the mounting bolts for the brake hose to the caliper will hit the frame if you turn fullly left and go over a huge bump and possibly snap it off. I used the bolts that came with the braided brake hoses they are thinner, dont use the ones that come with the calipers! My car sits pretty low you may not run into this problem. Put the full weight on the car turn the wheel full left and bounce the car while someone looks for interference

I thought of going with the .5 " tall balljoints on the top an bottom? The upper geometry is pretty bad. from the factory. I may go for the howe race balljoints that are longer, but they are $80 each. The balljoint angle on the upper arm if you notice is pretty extreme, i found also. I'm still trying to find a distributor for these heavy duty balljoint though. The arms good great though.

By the way, if you notice the mounting bolts for the brake hose to the caliper will hit the frame if you turn fullly left and go over a huge bump and possibly snap it off. I used the bolts that came with the braided brake hoses they are thinner, dont use the ones that come with the calipers! My car sits pretty low you may not run into this problem. Put the full weight on the car turn the wheel full left and bounce the car while someone looks for interference

Ya I noticed the angle. I am going to ask my alinment guy about that. See what he says.As for the brake hoses, I will have to look at that. Thanks for the heads up.

Have a look at the brake issue let us know if its a concern or not, you probably wont be goinging over a huge bump while your wheel is turned all the way to the left, but anything is possible.

Looks great! I will be working on mine soon and was wondering a few things about the same type of set-up.

What size rotors?

Stock spindles?

I have read that lots of aftermarket items slightly alter the geometry - Does it keep the wheels in the stock location and does it use the same shock one would use with stock control arms?

Thanks

Looks great! I will be working on mine soon and was wondering a few things about the same type of set-up.

What size rotors?

Stock spindles?

I have read that lots of aftermarket items slightly alter the geometry - Does it keep the wheels in the stock location and does it use the same shock one would use with stock control arms?

Thanks

The rotors are the stock diameter.
I reused the stock spindles.
I have not drove the car yet, but the wheels are in the same location. Yes it uses the stock length shock.

What size rotors?

Stock spindles?

Thanks

I would suggest running the C5 set up. There are kits that are readily available. Run taller Howes Ball Joints to help the geometery of the front end. A good set of Hawk HPS pads will work great! This is if you are running larger front wheels though! -----Jeremy

I would suggest running the C5 set up. There are kits that are readily available. Run taller Howes Ball Joints to help the geometery of the front end. A good set of Hawk HPS pads will work great! This is if you are running larger front wheels though! -----Jeremy

where's a c5 setup for our cars (no spindle change?)
FRED

Who has the Howes ball joints? How does the taller joint help? Do you have to do both upper and lower?

Looks great! Be sure to keep us posted on your thoughts and any changes that you are making to improve the setup.

Who has the Howes ball joints? How does the taller joint help? Do you have to do both upper and lower?

WorkingDan, the best way to find out more in depth info is by going to Savitske Classic & Custom and read about them. Many of us lowered guys know who Marcus is (the owner of scandc) becuase he is a fantastic guy to talk with and G-Body suspension is his life! I really dont know if your set up would be beneficial to run a Howes upper BJ but I know the lower will help a lot. Basically, it is lifting the spinlde up 7/8" which will lower the car as well as get rid of bumpsteer by allowing the wheel to travel up and in. This keep the tire flat on the ground. The stock set up pretty much travels directly upward and while cornering, the wheel tends to want to run on the outer edge. Seriously though, give Marc a call, he'll talk you ear off and has a lot of great tips! Also may want to check out Welcome to Pro-Touring.com & G-Machines.com for many good things to read! -----jeremy

Back