You can type here any text you want

What brackets do I need for a f body sway bar bushings?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dwall

I am stripping, cleaning, priming & painting the bar, hardware and brackets and some other stuff. The bracket doen't look right... So it just occurs to me that the brackets from the firechicken might not fit the Regal frame and replacement bushings. I'm not out at the shop where the car is so I can't just a take a look right now......

Does the Fbody bushing bracket fit the Regal with the new big bar or do I need to find some OEM turboBuick brackets for the bushings? :confused:

Bob, use the F-Body bushings in the Stock brackets, grease them well. Dont tighten them competely. If you want to wait until the car is running, you can bring it here and I'll install it for you. Otherwise if you want to wait till I'm in your area, I can do it at your house. You also need to set the endlinks. Dont tighten them all the way. You need to install them "TAUGHT" but still fairly loose. Then adjust tighter and tighter until the car feels right. There's really no "spec" to install, it's more or less an "eyeball" installation. Give me a call if you want.

Figures...#%!

I have the F41 bushing mounts clean and primed. That's the way this ol pharts does it... Rats.

Jeremy & Charlie - thanks - I should have just gotten hold of one of you two guys in the first place!
beerchug.gif

I did a search - just missed it I guess.

OK - then - I think the two-tone (white & rust) 'T' carcass has a set on the front end if I remember right. I think the reason I left them there was it looked like more than I was up to at the time ... just to get them off. I think I had to get a wrench inside the frame to get the fastener off. Hope they don't just crumble!
cussing.gif

Worst case I may be able to come up with some down here Bob. If they fall apart on you send me a PM and I'll see about finding a couple for you. We don't have the same rust issues down here so it shouldn't be a problem.

Bob, use the F-Body bushings in the Stock brackets, grease them well. Dont tighten them competely. You also need to set the endlinks. Dont tighten them all the way. You need to install them "TAUGHT" but still fairly loose. Then adjust tighter and tighter until the car feels right. There's really no "spec" to install, it's more or less an "eyeball" installation. Give me a call if you want.

Just wondering why you say not to tighten the the brackets completely? Aslo could you speak a little more to setting up the endlinks, I've never heard of doing this.

Back