You can type here any text you want

What vendors are selling Howe lower ball joints for the GNs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisChow

I tried SC and C and they are really bad at returning calls.
So is there another vendor out there?

Don't know of any vendors selling them but you should be able to get them from speedway or smiliesracing.com. Standard dirt car stuff so it shouldn't be a problem.

I tried SC and C and they are really bad at returning calls.
So is there another vendor out there?

That's surprising!:confused: Marcus was always the one that answered the phone anytime I called and would call me back after hours when I was installing my Stage II front end. They might be out of town. I would try them again!

We just got a foot of snow over the weekend, and another 16" yesterday. Maybe Mark is still digging out ?? :confused:

I know I am. :biggrin:

ya it was the snow!

Mark called me up today and I ordered up the Stage II plus kit for my TR.
I'm looking forward to having a renewed sense of drivability (improved suspension geometry/response and lowered front ride height) when I install all the hardware :biggrin:

Chris:
I've got the same set on mine, did it about 2 years ago. Well worth doing. Should lower your front end about 3/4" - 1". Might want to consider having Marcus powder coat the set. I did not and I do regret it. Do the optional powder coating.

Thanks Gary for the idea. I'm getting the optional anodized aluminum adjustment flats in black and should look pretty good against the gold cad plated ends. The fact that he's done so much R&D for our g-bodies is amazing. He also reports that the greasable bushings in the SPC arms have a much higher tolerance point to heat than most other bushings out there...especially over the stock one.

Chris, the Stage 2 kit is great. I haven't installed my rear H&R bar..yet, but I can already tell the car feels like it's on a rail. jdpolzin has the kit, plus some and is a good person to ask for tips/advice.
I remember seeing the TT WE4 on YouTube, what a frickin' bad@$$, especially the dyno pull:eek:

Cool I'll look for some of jdpolzin's posts.
Apparently, the SC and C kit has 3 settings already mapped out, "cruiser", "street", "hardcore/track". I'm good with the "street" version for now since I only have 225 Firehawks on 15" stock turbo T rims.
One of the last runs that was recorded for my WE-4.... YouTube - Pinks All Out- Sonoma Twin Turbo Grand National
The frame is still in pristine condition...I'll probably just store it.

Chris, the Stage 2 kit is great. I haven't installed my rear H&R bar..yet, but I can already tell the car feels like it's on a rail. jdpolzin has the kit, plus some and is a good person to ask for tips/advice.
I remember seeing the TT WE4 on YouTube, what a frickin' bad@$$, especially the dyno pull:eek:

Cool I'll look for some of jdpolzin's posts.
Apparently, the SC and C kit has 3 settings already mapped out, "cruiser", "street", "hardcore/track". I'm good with the "street" version for now since I only have 225 Firehawks on 15" stock turbo T rims.
One of the last runs that was recorded for my WE-4.... YouTube - Pinks All Out- Sonoma Twin Turbo Grand National
The frame is still in pristine condition...I'll probably just store it.

Take that frame and FIIIND a body!!! Bring it back and name it the TTuprising!:cool:

Here's a listing of Dealers of the Howe's Ball joints:

Dealers

I'm not trying to take anything away from Marcus at SCandC but this may help you find them locally. Marcus on the other hand is a great guy to talk with for someone needing a little explanation on the geometery of our front ends. I havent talked with him for quite sometime now and he probably doesnt even know who I am anymore! You can get the SPC upper control arms for the tall ball joints from Summit. I beleive there are two styles if I remember correctly. One style is straight for tall BJ users and the other style is for regular height BJ users.

One thing to remember is not only are you lowering your car, you are also helping to eliminate bump steer issues and get the correct camber curves while the car is under load. The front end of our cars are made up from a bunch of different components, you need to tune the ENTIRE front end to well as one. Kind of like our drivetrains, just because you have a bunch of cool parts doesnt mean your car is going to handle. Endlink preload, swaybar preload, A-arms preload, swaybar type, alignment settings etc, are all going to have to work together. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are doing these mods, dont expect the car to handle right after installing these parts. Learn to tune them and they'll give you optimum performance!!!

One other point i was going to address after having three phone conversations today about all if this stuff:

I personally dont believe you need to spend your money on tubular lower control arms unless you just want to be able able to put it on your "Cool Parts List." If you guys are out there spending money on these lowers, I feel your waisting your cash. The stock lower control arms are actually of very good quality and are actually lighter than a lot of the tubulars. So, if you are budget minded like myself, spend the money in other areas. I personally boxed my stockers just for the hell of it.
*******BUT******** ----------If you do want to spend your money on lower control arms, the only one to buy would be Marcus's lowers that allow you to adjust ride height. They are high dollar but well worth every penny if you dont want to hassle with spring height issues and having to remove springs to adjust ride height. So many times people arent happy with their end results. Some want it lower, some think it's too low. These will give you the adjustabilty you need and are a stout solid arm.

Wow, sorry such a long post, I've just been doing quite a bit of talking on the phone today!!!!!!!!! Happy motoring!:biggrin: -------Jeremy

I personally dont believe you need to spend your money on tubular lower control arms unless you just want to be able able to put it on your "Cool Parts List." If you guys are out there spending money on these lowers, I feel your waisting your cash. The stock lower control arms are actually of very good quality and are actually lighter than a lot of the tubulars. So, if you are budget minded like myself, spend the money in other areas. I personally boxed my stockers just for the hell of it.
*******BUT******** ----------If you do want to spend your money on lower control arms, the only one to buy would be Marcus's lowers that allow you to adjust ride height. They are high dollar but well worth every penny if you dont want to hassle with spring height issues and having to remove springs to adjust ride height. So many times people arent happy with their end results. Some want it lower, some think it's too low. These will give you the adjustabilty you need and are a stout solid arm.

-------Jeremy

Wow
It's like you read my mind. :eek:

I still run the stock lowers and am very happy with my set-up.
But, I still might eventually go with the SPC lowers (lottery winnings or tax refund :biggrin:) and put them on my 'cool parts list' - along with the Watts Link ;)

Take that frame and FIIIND a body!!! Bring it back and name it the TTuprising!:cool:

Sick. While my new drag car is getting done, my fabricator is very interested in doing the same thing with my frame LOL. :D

Just thought I'd post that my stage 2 Savitske upper control arms are getting installed today! Which reminds me to call the nearby shop for the alignment.

The uppers CA's, in stage 2 and NASCAR-style BJ's took a nice bite out of my mod-money account. I feel that holding back on the lowers is a good thing from a budgetary concern and your post just confirms a link between the two :)

Here's a listing of Dealers of the Howe's Ball joints:

Dealers

I'm not trying to take anything away from Marcus at SCandC but this may help you find them locally. Marcus on the other hand is a great guy to talk with for someone needing a little explanation on the geometery of our front ends. I havent talked with him for quite sometime now and he probably doesnt even know who I am anymore! You can get the SPC upper control arms for the tall ball joints from Summit. I beleive there are two styles if I remember correctly. One style is straight for tall BJ users and the other style is for regular height BJ users.

One thing to remember is not only are you lowering your car, you are also helping to eliminate bump steer issues and get the correct camber curves while the car is under load. The front end of our cars are made up from a bunch of different components, you need to tune the ENTIRE front end to well as one. Kind of like our drivetrains, just because you have a bunch of cool parts doesnt mean your car is going to handle. Endlink preload, swaybar preload, A-arms preload, swaybar type, alignment settings etc, are all going to have to work together. I guess what I'm trying to say is if you are doing these mods, dont expect the car to handle right after installing these parts. Learn to tune them and they'll give you optimum performance!!!

One other point i was going to address after having three phone conversations today about all if this stuff:

Wow, sorry such a long post, I've just been doing quite a bit of talking on the phone today!!!!!!!!! Happy motoring!:biggrin: -------Jeremy

pics of the pieces from SC and C

Stage 2 plus, from SC and C. Out of the box pics.

photo-20.jpg

photo-22.jpg

photo-25.jpg

photo-27.jpg

I'm about to order this kit as well. I've heard nothing but positive, plz report your before and after impressions.

Back