whats the fastest 4.1 production block around?

TURBOELKY

looking for the fastest 4.1 production block times around. On gas and alky, or just race gas...not e85. Stroker, stock stroke, what ever. Aluminum headed, or cast iron....or both. Trying to get an ideal of what to look for/ shoot for. Any info guys, current times, past times...what ever!!! PICTURES, names, states, anything:D thanks guys...i'm sure replies may be slow to this post being not alot of guys push their 4.1's, but I plan to. sshhhhhh.;) dont let the southwestern guys know, this is still under wraps.

looking for the fastest 4.1 production block times around. On gas and alky, or just race gas...not e85. Stroker, stock stroke, what ever. Aluminum headed, or cast iron....or both. Trying to get an ideal of what to look for/ shoot for. Any info guys, current times, past times...what ever!!! PICTURES, names, states, anything:D thanks guys...i'm sure replies may be slow to this post being not alot of guys push their 4.1's, but I plan to. sshhhhhh.;) dont let the southwestern guys know, this is still under wraps.

I'd like to know too

No times or info yet: interesting. I'm ready for machining, just got to get a hold of my machinist:D Hope to have this thing together in the next 6 mos. (he takes forever:biggrin: )
so I need some guidelines!:tongue:

Local guy 6.40's in the 1/8......

100% full weighted car, even still has the steel bumper re-enforcements, sound deadner and AC. I'd guess the car at 3700 plus

well my car is not completely sorted out yet sine I just swapped motors.

It ran high 12's at only 20 lbs boost and crappy stock like tires.

If you get out deep in the tens have a couple extra waiting:wink:

what do you mean? a few tires, or engines?!

and that's impresive, 6's full weight. another guy sent me a pm, somebody has dipped mid 9's lower boost than a 3.8

If you get out deep in the tens have a couple extra waiting:wink:

Sometimes things last a long time...sometimes they don't. ;)

Spending $$$$ on the best parts/labor gives you better odds, but no guarantee. That's racing.

Mine is still being put together. Probably won't see the track till next year...You might look up Nick Micale. I believe he's done a few of the 4.1 builds.-Steve

I have been in the 6's in the 1/8 with mine. Went 10.9 @ 129 in the 1/4 on a 255/50/16 DR and full weight car. Pump gas ONLY. Ran great for 5 years with hundreds of passes. Someone got stupid and turned up the boost too far and the 4.1 got sick. New build in the works.

I have been in the 6's in the 1/8 with mine. Went 10.9 @ 129 in the 1/4 on a 255/50/16 DR and full weight car. Pump gas ONLY. Ran great for 5 years with hundreds of passes. Someone got stupid and turned up the boost too far and the 4.1 got sick. New build in the works.

how much boost was you running before you turned it up?

18lbs. Had a manual control knob that got turned too much. I should of let out of it but it was on a run, but only about half way down the track.

Friends 4.1 production motor powered GN went 10.1X this morning, maybe quicker this afternoon....

Have seen this motor before? How much boost?

You know the motor... next pass was a 10.009... at 28psi. Shifting at 5K. (little glitch in the ignition or fuel system to be sorted out)

Will be back to the track soon.... :)

I think I used to shift it at 6000rpm. What was the mph? Imagine that motor with a set of heads and roller cam.:eek: