2007 Buick West Coast Nationals!

its a buick in a different wrapper.
all them chevy powered cars and they still call em a chevy.
how about the Opel, its always invited.
whats the name of that hotel?

Blue car has always been running, just not with steroid motor.:D
When are the "steroids" going to be injected? In time for Nov? I lost the motor on the dyno today.:eek: I have the hotel info. Give me a call when you have a chance.

When are the "steroids" going to be injected? In time for Nov? I lost the motor on the dyno today.:eek: I have the hotel info. Give me a call when you have a chance.

what do you mean you lost the motor on the dyno? what happend?

sorry to hear that Scott.. hope it's not to bad...

i don't think i'll be hitting up the WCN event this year :(. the wife wants to do another vacation around that time..

now thats not the way to talk. you need to make it to the WCN. hell thats a vacation in it self.

this year i hope that i can drive the car back onto the trailer instead of using the winch. But im not sure if my Auburn posi 7.5 rearend is going to hold up. Yes i was young and dumb and figured my mechanic at the time wouldnt screw me but i bent the axles in my 8.5 and he installed a fresh auburn posi 7.5 in the car. we will see what she takes. so far 1.68 and it hasnt broken. but with the new zimmerman motor and heads and a few changes with the suspension we will see.

this year i hope that i can drive the car back onto the trailer instead of using the winch. But im not sure if my Auburn posi 7.5 rearend is going to hold up. Yes i was young and dumb and figured my mechanic at the time wouldnt screw me but i bent the axles in my 8.5 and he installed a fresh auburn posi 7.5 in the car. we will see what she takes. so far 1.68 and it hasnt broken. but with the new zimmerman motor and heads and a few changes with the suspension we will see.

I appreciate everyone's concern. We lost the RPM signal on the dyno readout at 4700rpm, made a loud BANG, sputtered, and scared everyone in the shop. Mike the dyno guy jumped about 5 feet back! The coil pack is the original 1987 unit and I think it's the culprit due to the weak/no rpm signal on the readout. 26psi with no spark is not a good thing. The previous run did make 750wrhp at 11.0afr, 5600rpm and 22deg timing, so the tune was more than conservative/safe. On a side note, I will be calling FAST in the morning to discuss several XFI software issues that are making me feel like more of a guinea pig every time I try something new....

BTW, Boost231, If a stock toyota rearend will take my abuse yours should hold up fine!

Scott Wile

Oh Noooooooooo

:eek: wow, let me know if I can help. check it out, see how serious it is.
I have a used but good condition 109 block, 30 over TRW, already has a 206 cam in it, stock crank and rods, its yours if you want it!
may not be the steriod motor, but it'll make a running car for PHX.
now you'll be in our league !!!!!! so you'll be fare game for my 109, LOL:biggrin:
with your tunning talent, it could run hi 10's, and I could show you how much fun it is to go slow, and see the sites!!:biggrin:
I'll call ya later, I could drop off the motor this week end, if you want.

Lee

:)
:eek: wow, let me know if I can help. check it out, see how serious it is.
I have a used but good condition 109 block, 30 over TRW, already has a 206 cam in it, stock crank and rods, its yours if you want it!
may not be the steriod motor, but it'll make a running car for PHX.
now you'll be in our league !!!!!! so you'll be fare game for my 109, LOL:biggrin:
with your tunning talent, it could run hi 10's, and I could show you how much fun it is to go slow, and see the sites!!:biggrin:
I'll call ya later, I could drop off the motor this week end, if you want.

Lee

Thanx Lee! I'll be giving you a call soon to take you up on that offer!!:) :)

thats why im shooting for 11's because i know my car is slow and everyone has to remind me its slow. Hell i know its slow it doesnt have an intercooler ive heard it already.