You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Hey AAron, been a while. The KB intake is an iterim design intended to fit all of the Buick V6's that were made from the early 60's to the mid/late 80's. The intake really needs to be opened up if you want to get it to flow better. The runners really are small for performance use but it lets you use more options as well.

If it's open plenum you're better off with a spread bore to help low RPM torque. I think you can get a Holley spread bore and mod it for blow through if you want to so that would give you the best of both worlds. The smaller primaries of the spread bore help increase the velocity of the air/ful mix which in turn helps you achieve a better take off.

As far as stock in the quarter, Adam is right. They're slugs. The current record held by a draw though V6 stock set up is 12:9 in the quarter and it's been there for a LOOOOOONG time.

who owns the car that does 12.9 in the 1/4? what did he do to get his car to run like that? dont just say he had a good tune on it and alot of boost.:tongue: give me more to go off.:confused:

too bad us hybrids dont count for that time slip!

LMAO

Charlie! motors out! credit cards are flying across the internet.... the game is on!

I need you to do me a foavor and confirm my suspicions that the 301 plenum is larger than the stock plenum... cause thats the one piece im short!

A.j.

if hybrids dont count i guess im out too.

tell me about it.... last pass of the day yesterday...... 11.21 @ 101 mph...

oh doggy 10s are right around the corner!

little bump of that columbian bam bam and i was working alllllllllllll night.

A.j.

who owns the car that does 12.9 in the 1/4? what did he do to get his car to run like that? dont just say he had a good tune on it and alot of boost.:tongue: give me more to go off.:confused:

Fred (fc27?) did it with a hybred turbo. He now works for Moroso and they own the car body now, Rich has the turbo.

too bad us hybrids dont count for that time slip!

LMAO

Charlie! motors out! credit cards are flying across the internet.... the game is on!

I need you to do me a foavor and confirm my suspicions that the 301 plenum is larger than the stock plenum... cause thats the one piece im short!

A.j.

LOL You want a few pics or the whole thing? I've got your address some where if you need it now Aj.:smile: I hope you're planning on coming to Noble this year. I'm shooting for that to be the first time she goes on the 1/4. I'm gonna use the rotted 83 for testing everything out then do the change over to the GN so I can check everything first.

tell me about it.... last pass of the day yesterday...... 11.21 @ 101 mph...

oh doggy 10s are right around the corner!

little bump of that columbian bam bam and i was working alllllllllllll night.

A.j.

You are flying Aj. Congrats bud. I think you may be able to suprise some of the SFI guys. You running slicks yet?

dr_frankenstein what car do you have this motor in? how did you get your setup into the 11's? help me out guys i would love to have my car run faster; give me some tips on things you did. i am going to try to do the bigger turbo like charlie did but i need to figure out where to get the intake blades and all the parts. i have a 87 turbo so i know i can use that exhaust side for it. any help will be great i am making a alke kit now so i can up the boost level i just need to get a extra wastegate i dont think mine is working right. if anyone has a extra tell me i might want to buy it from you. i will post some pics from the 301 turbo i have. Is the exhaust blades bad? i just cant get anyone to tell me if the exhaust blades are bad; i know the intake blades are bad just from the pic you can tell.

Attachments

• SDC10279.jpg
    SDC10279.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 133
  • SDC10280.jpg
    SDC10280.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 134
He's cheating Matt. His is a Chevy luv PU. I have a shop here that will do the mods to the turbo for around $100 if you want it done. I can send you their number if you'd like. Tell me when you are planning to call them so I can make sure they know who you are and are prepaired to do the work.

the old combo was simple.

tired NA 3.8, pistons from 86/87 109.
unknown custom grind cam from my pile.
set of 8445s rediculously milled for max compression.
milled weiand single plane.
9441 from 86/87
stock ESC box/ dizzy + MSD btm6
84/85 tubular headers.
holley 6110 spreadbore.
old SMC alky kit.
84/85 HA turbo. (it had good seals and bearings.... why not?)
700R4 on S10 7.5 with 3.42s

all that combined with good ol 2570 lbs. 1979 Chevy LUV truck
no slicks... dont need em, truck hooks like it was on fly paper with just a set of 275/60R-15s BFG Radial T/As on some rocket rims.

was an easy goal. I dont weigh hardly anything. and this motor smokes and farts and pops... generally dont run for ****. Im going to say...... IF YOU WANT A TIP TO GO FAST ON DRAWTHRU, GO LIGHTWEIGHT.

so out it comes. and the new 109 begins to be built tonight.

And Charlie.... I was flying wayyy up there last night.... :rolleyes:

To Mat231, your 301 unit looks toast. depending on you compressor housing and backing plate, it might be saved, but the 301 hasnt been made in 8 years already so finding one is a crap shoot. forget the 301s turbine, and move onto the 84/85 turbine for wicked low RPM spool, or the 86/87 for higher over all power numbers.

But I am looking for a trashed housing to modify.... so keep that in mind if you score a good one.

A.j.

if you can charlie could you send me that number so i have it. it will be a little before i do the mod; i will tell you when i am going to do it. i just need to find all the parts first like the intake blades, bearings, seals, exhaust blade, and so on. will keep in touch with you.

All of the Main Players have finally showed up to the game..... all tightly dressed in carbon seals.

bc7.jpg

Tonight we prepair for Battle.

A.j.

You need more time in the research mode kid. Not being mean but you don't know enough yet.:smile:

snifff:(.....snifff:(...... wwwaaaaaahhhaaaahhaaahhaaaaaaaaaahwaaaaahaaaa hahahahahLOLOLOL.... you guys should quiz me and see what I know about these cars... If I fail, Ill get another car and put my TB away... but if I pass, SOMEONE has to work on my car or help me. Im still learnin about engines in general, and the turbo 6 engine as well. You never know.... I may stun you:biggrin:

snifff:(.....snifff:(...... wwwaaaaaahhhaaaahhaaahhaaaaaaaaaahwaaaaahaaaa hahahahahLOLOLOL.... you guys should quiz me and see what I know about these cars... If I fail, Ill get another car and put my TB away... but if I pass, SOMEONE has to work on my car or help me. Im still learnin about engines in general, and the turbo 6 engine as well. You never know.... I may stun you:biggrin:

Or you may make us LOFAO.:biggrin: LOL I really do hope you do something amazing but it's taken me 3 years of very regular research and questions to get where I'm at. Click on my name and see what some of the first questions I asked were. I had some idea but the time I spent researching how to make power out of a C/T system has been frustraiting to say the least. Aj has had the same problem.:smile: I got the ideas I currently have because I spent the time to research how to do it.:smile: You're young enough to out do me and that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I hope you do.:smile:

Dayum Aj. Looks like you finally got the 301 unit in. What all do you have there?

bc7.jpg

in order from left to right, front to back.

Pontiac 301
TA-60
TA-49
86/87 GN TB303
P6152E
TA-61 with HA modified cover.

That 301 unit sure is a strange bird..... the wheels are like nuthing I have ever seen.... such an oddball size. they dont corrilate with any current wheel size chart I have... id like to know more about it if the info is out there.

A.j.

Back