You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
And yet neither of you said anything about my cooking?:confused: What's up with that?:eek: LOL

it was lunch time and i was starving, i didnt want to think about food.... just tail.

lol

I know your an old rpo when it comes to ....... meat...... **giggle**

I wonder what the shoulder would be like if wrapped in long green chile?

A.j.

it was lunch time and i was starving, i didnt want to think about food.... just tail.

lol

I know your an old rpo when it comes to ....... meat...... **giggle**

I wonder what the shoulder would be like if wrapped in long green chile?

A.j.

Well we know where your dreaming of tail has gotten you now.:eek::biggrin:

The cooking took until 7 PM but it's finally done. I would never have believed that two deer quarters would suck all the flavor out 3 lbs of bacon as well as the veggies and chiles but it cooked nicely and is very good tasting. Moist too. I took it off after I cut it off the bone (I'll get you back later Aj) and cooked it in a large pan for another hour. Both the veggies and the bacon are bland, Even the chille has no flavor now. I've never seen this happen before. It's not done completly but I have to warm it up when I get to work so I didn't what to have the meat go dry on me. This has been one of my best efforts on cooking deer. It's gonna be a hit for sure.:biggrin:

How much did it cost Jim? And did you get the new wheel?

40 for the wheel needed a housing,bearing journal scored real bad and it was bored 10 over allready 30 for that The complete kit was like 60.The guy is going to balance this stuff for 20
I think it was a good deal and turns the repair around same day so u get it quick. Which i think is very important.Found this guy on ebay

http://home.comcast.net/~jimski1/100_0846.JPG

40 for the wheel needed a housing,bearing journal scored real bad and it was bored 10 over allready 30 for that The complete kit was like 60.The guy is going to balance this stuff for 20
I think it was a good deal and turns the repair around same day so u get it quick. Which i think is very important.Found this guy on ebay

http://home.comcast.net/~jimski1/100_0846.JPG

Sounds like a good deal Jim. Now if you can get a hot side off of an 86-87 and do some fab work you'll get rid of the lag issue.:biggrin:

On a side note, we're having a white Christmas here in Texas.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 130
Sounds like a good deal Jim. Now if you can get a hot side off of an 86-87 and do some fab work you'll get rid of the lag issue.:biggrin:

On a side note, we're having a white Christmas here in Texas.:biggrin:

We just nailed with 3 feet of snow it is my job to plow it all up

Here's a good laugh for you guys. My dogs don't like each other so I keep them seperated. Last night they ended up in the same room by accident and I was fortunate enough to get them seperated before anything major happened. Unfortunately while I was getting them apart I had to kick at one of them and broke a toe. How's that for a merry Christmas.:mad:

not much going on for me now.... still picking up parts and getting ready for another jump in the desert.

everybody have a good christmas?

A.j.

yea it was a bitchen holiday!

im still exhausted from the drinking and eating! and the damn near 5 cars my family so happens to bring for my obligatory repairs..... family sure is a pain sometimes... but yea, I got the toys i wanted.... nerf gun, rubber band airplanes, creepy crawler maker! it was awesome!

so whats on the agenda today boys?

:biggrin:A.j.

Work is kinds slow cuz of holidays, so I'm working on the 600 Holley. I should remove the heads from my '83 block and get them ready for Charlie, only then will I see more of the piston damage in that engine.

Yes Charlie that is great. They would only need to be matched to a steel GM intake gasket that's what I use, my intake manifold is matched to that gasket. I can do the matching no problem charlie, I could do the whole porting but I swore I'd never do another set after I finished my Nailhead heads.
A.j. I got this progressive linkage 600cfm 4150 for free so I decided to convert it for blowthru duty. I also wanted to see if there is any difference in performace and driveability between my Demon and this Holley, Being that 200cfm and annular boosters are the only MAJOR differences.

Cool Adam. I make them as purdy as I can for you.:biggrin: LOL

I think you'll like the Holley much better than the Demon. I've been talking to some guys and it seems Demons have an issue if you don't know exactly what to do to tune them. Boost is not their best feature it seems.:frown:

I got this progressive linkage 600cfm 4150 for free so I decided to convert it for blowthru duty.

Would that be a run-of-the-mill double pumper? And will you be following the Hanger18 conversion, or do you have some of your own tricks?
I'll be looking for one for my own blow-thru conversion someday. Just got a great deal on a Ebrock dual plane...boy that thing is pretty high.... hope it all fits!

Right now, I'm doing the 8445 heads from the 84 231 I got. I'm not going too wild on these, just opening and blending the throats, streamlining the valve guide bosses, and smoothing the chambers.
Adam, did my 401 for one of my 66's last winter:biggrin:... I gotta get some pics of that one up here.:cool:

Back