You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks Charlie lol
But don't believe the hype and myths about the Demons for blowthru. I made thumpin power with my Demon right out of the box with no intercooler (even though the factory tune was way off and ready to melt my engine) It is tricky to tune and very sensitive but one you get it right it WORKS and don't leak and the AFR/fuel curve in relationship to boost is very linear.
I bet they look great Walt!

LOL sounds like you've gotten a handle on the Demon Adam.:biggrin:

As far as the heads go Walt, take a look. You need to at least do this much to take advantage of the design.:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0001.jpg
    DSCN0001.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCN0002.jpg
    DSCN0002.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 115
Yes Walt it's your basic mechanical linkage double pumper with 2 coorner idle and a choke. I'm going to leave it a 2 corner idle too. I do my own mods for blowthru, I'll use some references from hanger18fab only the build they have for a blowthru holley is not complete. I learned a lot over the last 5 years on blowthru starting with a q-jet to mod.

Im Back...

Im crawling back on my hands and knees (AND NO SMART A** COMMENTS:mad:) Im bored on this website... In my opinon no one else on this board gives a damn about our b4 cars, even though WE started them, (They should ask Charlie with his GN:biggrin:) so what up? Done some reading and you guys seem to be swabbing...swapping parts:biggrin:! How can I get in on this to learn a bit, what are you willing to do for me?? If you send me some of your parts, I can do the bodywork on them if they are not too bad, (sorry Charlie your t-type is..... how can I say this.... a bonafide hooptie:D) And as for people on the west, Come to Tacoma, Ill show you some real west coast:cool: Palm trees, rain, food, and take you on a tour:smile:.

Hello.....

Where is everybody... OH:eek: Everyone is partaking in an American Favorite Tradition, Drunk On New Years Eve...... HAPPY 2010 B4 GUYS AND a AULD LANG SYND FOR YOU!!!

(GET HOME SAFE... AND NO DUI'S, or ill have to start kikkin A**!!!)

I could start a thread, but all the guys I want to ask are posting on this thread.

I am looking for a new carb option for my N/A build. I think a few of you guys are familiar with my build, albeit slow. I had the car out this weekend trying to deal with the stumble in the Holley 600 single feed, vac secondary. I know there is dissention in the ranks on Holley or Q-jet. I actually like both, but for different reasons and purposes.

Ultimately I will be blowing thru the carb with a turbo or centrifugal supercharger so the 4150 series seems to be a good platform to start with. It will probably be spending a bit of time N/A as well, as I collect parts. I am looking at 650 double pumpers right now because they can be had for a dime a dozen on ebay and swap meets and then converted later for blow thru. There is a guy I talked with via YouTube that had a v6 vega/monza wagon with a N/A v6 that ran a double pumper 650 and he liked it. Anybody else have any suggestions? Anybody used a 650 with good luck? It just seems like it may be too big, but I could dial it back a bit on jets, squirters, accelerator pump cams, etc.

WarWagon, do you care to enlighten what you do to prep the 4150 for blow thru that is different from the Hangar18, or is it your top secret recipe?

Thanks guys,
Aaron

this is the perfect thread for these type of discussions.

bench racing is what I should have called this thread.

to me, the CFM will depend on the manifold you are going to use. if your running the single plane, a 650 feels WAY too big for any N/A use... but should be just about right for blow thru. And it will be somewhat reasonable for a dual plane edelbrock.

I would honestly reccomend one of charlies q-jets for ther NA time and then swap to the holley later. particularly if your going with the 4150... them mechanical secondarys are no fun on the street.

A.j.

I have the Kenne Bell single plane and am currently running it as cast. The runners really neck down a bit in stock form. As I understand the runners were designed to run either high or low port heads, not sure on this though. I left them as cast to start with. Not as much harm in having the intake runner smaller than the intake runner on the head, than the other way around. Should i pull the intake and match it to the head?

I am used to driving mechanical secondaries on the street from the BBB Regal. Granted there is much more flat torque available to make it feel "streetable". I'm really not too worried about street driving anyway...this is just a light weekend/track car. Just something fun to toy with and dont have much money invested. It's got 4.10's and a spool for goodness sake, so i'm not on the street much.

Dumb question...what about a 500 2 barrel Holley?

Back