You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
trust me bud, if you were here to help out and learn I would gladly give you one of these turbos.

A.j.

okay... but you gotta provide room and board... Im not doing anything this summer... and I need to get out of this state for a bit. (tired of the ***Dam rain in this state:mad:) and wouldnt mind seein some tarantulas to give to my cousin.

Or you may make us LOFAO.:biggrin: LOL I really do hope you do something amazing but it's taken me 3 years of very regular research and questions to get where I'm at. Click on my name and see what some of the first questions I asked were. I had some idea but the time I spent researching how to make power out of a C/T system has been frustraiting to say the least. Aj has had the same problem.:smile: I got the ideas I currently have because I spent the time to research how to do it.:smile: You're young enough to out do me and that doesn't bother me in the slightest. I hope you do.:smile:

BABY WANT TURBO... Baby WANT TURBO....:biggrin: Just givin yous a hard time man... how much would shipping cost/ would you charge... because IM NOT going to do it... screw up.... and be left with a project car sitting in a parking spot with the neighbors constantly Bitchen @ me... they need to MIND thier own bidness.

acutally now that I think about it... that was very modest... but you guys have YEARS of research ahead of me... and I get Sidetracked easily because im 18, forget things, cant stop checkin out the girls,and am generally pretty lazy. I bought some guides from a guy today with VERY good information in them about t-types that I am willing to share because I thought that you guys may like to see it.

Holy turbos batman!

Always kinda wondered this,

Besides the carbon seal, what other reasons would there be for not being able to put a TA44 or whatever on a carb turbo car assuming you had an adapter and could figgure out a plenum?

Anything special in the term of wheels that would be needed for a C/T setup interms of pitch or size?

Just the carbon seal is all that is needed on the turbo itself, the rest would need fabbed up sounds easy enough.

in order from left to right, front to back.

Pontiac 301
TA-60
TA-49
86/87 GN TB303
P6152E
TA-61 with HA modified cover.

That 301 unit sure is a strange bird..... the wheels are like nuthing I have ever seen.... such an oddball size. they dont corrilate with any current wheel size chart I have... id like to know more about it if the info is out there.

A.j.

I think that's why Patrick kinda blew me of when I asked if he could come up with a newer wheel for the project Aj. If you email Garret I'm sure they can give you a little more info about the wheel. I think it's a 60 tim but don't quote me on it.

BABY WANT TURBO... Baby WANT TURBO....:biggrin: Just givin yous a hard time man... how much would shipping cost/ would you charge... because IM NOT going to do it... screw up.... and be left with a project car sitting in a parking spot with the neighbors constantly Bitchen @ me... they need to MIND thier own bidness.

acutally now that I think about it... that was very modest... but you guys have YEARS of research ahead of me... and I get Sidetracked easily because im 18, forget things, cant stop checkin out the girls,and am generally pretty lazy. I bought some guides from a guy today with VERY good information in them about t-types that I am willing to share because I thought that you guys may like to see it.

I'm not that old.:eek: Just been at it longer is all. As far as building you a turbo I'd rather see you do it yourself. My last 2 bosses (not the current one) were techs in their own right and neither of them had ever torn into a turbo before. Kinda sad considering that both of the did diesel repair. I'd honestly rather help you than do it for you. Teach a man to fish kinda thing.:smile:

where did you get that "thing" on top of the edelbrock intake manifold? i circled it in the pic.

Attachments

• 1554530bc7.jpg
    1554530bc7.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 125
i never seen that before so i just wanted to know what it was. does anyone know what is used for and how it works?:confused:

It's an old drawthru turbo setup with the turbo mounted off the intake manifold and on the side of the engine.
That's basically it.

hey sorry to intrude on yalls conversation but i need some tech help i just bought a 83 regal t type was sittn up for 3 years started it up pumped tires up and drove home well i changed the oil did the normal tune up and then a week later my turbo messed up seals went out so now i need a new turbo does any one have one forsale thats good or know where i can find one to fit the ole carb

I don't know where any are at the moment westonleopard. You might think about trying a rebuild on the one you have now it's inexpensive and not very hard and can still be very reliable.

thanks u guys are really nice i was on another forum site b4 this and its like back in the slave days i was a diffrent color and not accepted lol!

are they easy to rebuild im new to the turbo thing i was a jeep guy then got into some mustangs and nitrous so i know the littleist thing about turbos

i just looked at it it looks realtivly easy but i found one at autozone for 800 dollars brand new can i rebuild everything for that or should i just buy the new one

charlie why dont you powder coat the turbo yourself. if your going to be doing it alot it would be cheaper to do it yourself. you can get a powdercoating system from harbor fright for $50 on sale if you sign up for there news letter they send you 20 percent off things and you can get the powder from the EastWood Co real cheap. just a thought; i use to send out all my stuff, but i realized i could save a bunch of cash by doing it myself.

Back