You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Info from Aj.

Aj just sent me a text a little while ago along with a pic. He did a little more research on the inducer wheels so you can get a better idea of the actual differences we're dealing with here. Read the captions and it will give you a better idea of how much more the redesign will flow for the cars.:biggrin:

Attachments

• inducer wheels..jpg
    inducer wheels..jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 90
Thank you charlie,

yes reasearch has been going well. turbos are starting to come alive with new guts and really make some changes!

How is everyone today?

A.j.

Thank you charlie,

yes reasearch has been going well. turbos are starting to come alive with new guts and really make some changes!

How is everyone today?

A.j.

I still didn't realize that the redesign would almost double the flow Aj. I think you have put some good info out there, so thanks.:cool:

Fighting sinuses for the last 2 days but they're better today.:smile:

I still didn't realize that the redesign would almost double the flow Aj. I think you have put some good info out there, so thanks.:cool:

Fighting sinuses for the last 2 days but they're better today.:smile:

oh yea its allergy season... ive been fighting with the dirt and rust coming out of my truck more than the weeds though. some good'ol whiskey and wasabi mixed together should clear you up. LMAO snort it.... but make a video.

The simple jump to any of the above wheels makes a huge difference in the performance potential of the carb turbo system.

Hands down, the turbine is the best upgrade for the money on any carb turbo. im supprised none of the other carb turbo guys have gotten stronger wind of this and made all stock HA turbos dissapear... maybe I should bite my tounge and pocket all of the cores while I can, but maybe I will consider this the hint.
Saddly, I got plenty of orders, but barely enough time to meet the demands. whats killing me, is the machining turn around time - its slooooooow.

:cool:A.j.

I have a feeling someone may have done it before but no one was willing to talk about it till now. You know how the "I've got a secret" racers can be after all.:biggrin:

thats a good possibility. I wonder sometimes if I post too much data and basicly do all the homework for others - but there are so few "carb turbo" guys building, I figure we need all the advantage we can get.

A.j.

thats a good possibility. I wonder sometimes if I post too much data and basicly do all the homework for others - but there are so few "carb turbo" guys building, I figure we need all the advantage we can get.

A.j.

I know how you feel about that Aj. I really don't mind putting the info out there myself for all of us, but giving credit where credit is due is what I look at. There have been a few like Fred that have put some info out there but it's kinda slim. That's why I do it. Making an antiquated system work better and proving it to be a viable allternitive to using fuel injection to make power.

LMAO!

well as long as I make a few SFI boys cry I will feel all better about it.

I got cross hairs, and there pinned right on that big fat EFI doghouse!

A.j.

wonder sometimes if I post too much data and basicly do all the homework for others - but there are so few "carb turbo" guys building, I figure we need all the advantage we can get.
any advantage we can get is good keep posting. if we all don’t share what we know then we wont make any progress. an army is better than just one person. Im trying to bring somethings to the table but i really dont know much except for paint and body work.
sorry aj about not putting my last name i dont know if i was a little too late.

any advantage we can get is good keep posting. if we all don’t share what we know then we wont make any progress. an army is better than just one person. Im trying to bring somethings to the table but i really dont know much except for paint and body work.
sorry aj about not putting my last name i dont know if i was a little too late.

nah no problems, its on its way and my special US Postal offce girl will fill the name in for me.

BLAH! cheers Brother! your parts are on the way!

A.j.

BLAH! cheers Brother! your parts are on the way!
I'm happy. soon i will be having a 301 turbo. thank you so much
A.J your the man

i have a question maybe you or charlie know. do you guys know how to Extrude Hone? I'm doing a small 'project' and i was reading about extrude honeing and wondering if anyone knew how to do it. :confused:

I'm happy. soon i will be having a 301 turbo. thank you so much
A.J your the man

i have a question maybe you or charlie know. do you guys know how to Extrude Hone? I'm doing a small 'project' and i was reading about extrude honeing and wondering if anyone knew how to do it. :confused:

depends on what you want extrude honed. I know enough about it to get by!

LOL

but im out for the day, if anybody needs to get ahold of me just gimme a ring.

charlies got my number.

:cool:A.j.

depends on what you want extrude honed. I know enough about it to get by!

LOL
I want to do an intake. Do you know how to do it or you just know about it? I don’t even know if you can extrude hone a intake at home, is it possible? what i really want to know is how you actually do it. what's the processes?

Extrude honing isn't hard to do but the equipment is kinda pricey. It requires a special pump and the sludge that goes through to make it work. If I remember right it's about 20 tons of pressure to push it since it's so thick. Works great but finding someone that can do the work is a little hard. The machine shop at Aj's base can do it but they outsourced all the work and laid off the employees. We talked about it at the first of the year.

Extrude honing isn't hard to do but the equipment is kinda pricey. It requires a special pump and the sludge that goes through to make it work. If I remember right it's about 20 tons of pressure to push it since it's so thick. Works great but finding someone that can do the work is a little hard. The machine shop at Aj's base can do it but they outsourced all the work and laid off the employees. We talked about it at the first of the year.
So you really can’t do this at home in the garage? Do you by any chance know how much it cost to have it done? I just thought you could do this with a sandblaster but it sounds a little more involved. i really dont know much about this. what we need is a machine shop expert on the board.

Back