Before Black BS'ing thread.

small teaser!

6 power baby!

09f.jpg

A.j.

what color you painting it man... ppg and deltron do have a nice selection of cheap paints that look pretty well.

exterior of truck will have nuthing done. im going to go over it with some 800 grit then wash it in laquer thinner and set it outside for 2 or 3 weeks. let it rust and oxidize well.

the engine compartment will be gloss epoxy black. interior factory blue.

the rest of the time is going to be spent buffing all aluminum and chroming the engine compartment and chassis.

A.j.

exterior of truck will have nuthing done. im going to go over it with some 800 grit then wash it in laquer thinner and set it outside for 2 or 3 weeks. let it rust and oxidize well.

the engine compartment will be gloss epoxy black. interior factory blue.

the rest of the time is going to be spent buffing all aluminum and chroming the engine compartment and chassis.

A.j.

To speed up the process you could probably spray it with some water IF you take it down to bare metal. Someone accidentaly tried it on the 89 Cummins and it started to rust pretty quick. PPG Has a nice single stage Black that you could use for like 100 bucks taking into account the size of your truck. Are you gonna recrome the chrome parts of the truck.

Wow, that engine really sits down in between the fenders. Pan must be scrapin' the ground. Whats that luv weight anyways? 2800?

Wow, that engine really sits down in between the fenders. Pan must be scrapin' the ground. Whats that luv weight anyways? 2800?

the pan if it didnt hit the cross member, is still 4 inches from the ground. But now there is no pan at all. I converted to dry sump.

yea the engine is as far low and as far back as possible, which gave me near 55/45 weight distribution.

and total weight after the diet..... 2367lbs.

now add 700hp.

:mad:MWA HA HA HA:mad:

A.j.

To speed up the process you could probably spray it with some water IF you take it down to bare metal. Someone accidentaly tried it on the 89 Cummins and it started to rust pretty quick. PPG Has a nice single stage Black that you could use for like 100 bucks taking into account the size of your truck. Are you gonna recrome the chrome parts of the truck.

there was very little original chrome and most is in great shape (desert truck)

as for the paint, it was free. left over aircraft epoxy. sprays great. hold up to heat super super well. kinda brittle though... chips if you ding it too hard.

i dont want rust rust.... just some well aged look rust.... the idea when done,
this will be a former "Kool-Aid" delievery truck.

A.j.

there was very little original chrome and most is in great shape (desert truck)

as for the paint, it was free. left over aircraft epoxy. sprays great. hold up to heat super super well. kinda brittle though... chips if you ding it too hard.

i dont want rust rust.... just some well aged look rust.... the idea when done,
this will be a former "Kool-Aid" delievery truck.

A.j.

Oic... Kool Aid delivery truck?? whats that? probably before my time. Ive Been Meaning to ask you whats up with the Flapjack Pic? just curious:redface:

Lol I just noticed the Briggs and Straton behind the truck. Seems like you have an alternative engine source for her.:biggrin: Maybe you could turbo one of them and not blow it up then.:tongue::biggrin:

Lol I just noticed the Briggs and Straton behind the truck. Seems like you have an alternative engine source for her.:biggrin: Maybe you could turbo one of them and not blow it up then.:tongue::biggrin:

actually........ ive been alot more sucessful with them!

I have a small chinese mini-bike im workingon turbocharging for my lil brother. the turbo is about the size of a dollar bill!

A.j.