Before Black BS'ing thread.

Ive got a good friend of mine whos a good mechanic who is helping me get the motor running right. If I can get it running right, ill just leave it alone and enjoy it for what it is and build another motor on the side perhaps. If its all bad, then ill invest in a 4.1 or ??.

ok then. so what are you going to do with the 109 block then? you know you really should get the right carb and parts you need.

ok then. so what are you going to do with the 109 block then? you know you really should get the right carb and parts you need.

Ill Either Sell it, Build it, Or Part It out. Its got a new cam 204/214, lifters, 8445 heads that I may keep, valvesprings, and block. Ive been looking for a rochester at the Local Pull-A-Part but they are getting rather pricey. JDpolzins got some parts I need to get from him, and Ive been coming across a few buick folks that want to go turbo so i Wont eat the Block...

if that makes any sense...

Yeah! Pretty much finished up the Yeep saturday. Cutlass is going into a garage next wednesday. Then I can get a cam in, swap in an aluminum core support, put on the new fender, and maybe paint it this spring.

picture-1096.jpg

picture-1097.jpg

Ill Either Sell it, Build it, Or Part It out. Its got a new cam 204/214, lifters, 8445 heads that I may keep, valvesprings, and block. Ive been looking for a rochester at the Local Pull-A-Part but they are getting rather pricey. JDpolzins got some parts I need to get from him, and Ive been coming across a few buick folks that want to go turbo so i Wont eat the Block...

if that makes any sense...
a regular qjet is different than what you need. see charlies thread. if you buy a regular qjet and not the turbo one your just wasteing cash.

a regular qjet is different than what you need. see charlies thread. if you buy a regular qjet and not the turbo one your just wasteing cash.

I know what carb to look for. Ive seen a couple of Sport Coupes at some junkards round here, but they want about 150 and for a core charge for a carb.

Im just focusing on getting the car running right after all.

I know what carb to look for. Ive seen a couple of Sport Coupes at some junkards round here, but they want about 150 and for a core charge for a carb.

wow! i could sell you mine for a whole lot cheaper.

I had an epiffany today, been about 1500 posts since ive been on this board of nothing... no build threads, no performance ideas or tweaks, no help, research, bodywork, and lots of BS. I dunno. This website is better than myspace IMO.

Im only 19 and I dont have alot of money to do work on the car. Look...Whenever I do work on the car, ill do my best to share what I do. There is ALOT of info and Input on this forum and its hard to put it into perspective sometimes. Ill be the first to admit i dont know alot about our engines and what I do know i dont have the tools (let alone the guts) to do what it takes to fix. (plus i like to talk chit and joke around which from expierience isnt helpful:redface:) I listen, I just get confused and it takes me awhile, so patience...

excuse....
You may have heard someone tried to break into my car and my house. Ever since then, ive put the car in storage so now I have a place to do a bit of mild work. The info i get on this board is By NO MEANS going to the wind... now that i have a place to work and a good friend with "real" experience helping me out I can finally do a build or two. (and when the weather permits)

My first build thread will come when I get a drill. ill be doing a thread on how to make mounts for the frame bracing. after that im going to do some work on The headers to see if I can fab up my own set of Performance headers.

I also have a sowing machine and Ill make some custom Interior pieces if there is a demand for it...

The car is safe, I have an area to work, Im slowly gathering tools, Parts, now What I need are a good group of guys who will give my buick (and me to a lesser extend) some salvation:p

Attachments

• SDC10157.jpg
    SDC10157.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 47
  • SDC10158.jpg
    SDC10158.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 42
  • SDC10159.jpg
    SDC10159.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 47

That's about right kid.:biggrin: What you need is an E4ME carb to go with the stock electronic controls. Get all the electronics working right first and get the parts to so it will run right. The early CCC cars weren't that hard to work on but most of the people at the time never tried to figure out how to do it.:mad:

I offered you the correct distributor for it resonably priced but you went off on another tangent again. Get everything running right before you even think about doing a performance build in any way, shape, or form. You have to have a good understanding of how the system works before you try to modify it and that's why some idiot removed the parts needed to get your car to run right. He couldn't figure out how to work on the car and I'm suprised that he didn't put a SBC in it for simplicity after all.:eek:

I had an epiffany today, been about 1500 posts since ive been on this board of nothing... no build threads, no performance ideas or tweaks, no help, research, bodywork, and lots of BS. I dunno. This website is better than myspace IMO.

Im only 19 and I dont have alot of money to do work on the car. Look...Whenever I do work on the car, ill do my best to share what I do. There is ALOT of info and Input on this forum and its hard to put it into perspective sometimes. Ill be the first to admit i dont know alot about our engines and what I do know i dont have the tools (let alone the guts) to do what it takes to fix. (plus i like to talk chit and joke around which from expierience isnt helpful:redface:) I listen, I just get confused and it takes me awhile, so patience...

excuse....
You may have heard someone tried to break into my car and my house. Ever since then, ive put the car in storage so now I have a place to do a bit of mild work. The info i get on this board is By NO MEANS going to the wind... now that i have a place to work and a good friend with "real" experience helping me out I can finally do a build or two. (and when the weather permits)

My first build thread will come when I get a drill. ill be doing a thread on how to make mounts for the frame bracing. after that im going to do some work on The headers to see if I can fab up my own set of Performance headers.

I also have a sowing machine and Ill make some custom Interior pieces if there is a demand for it...

The car is safe, I have an area to work, Im slowly gathering tools, Parts, now What I need are a good group of guys who will give my buick (and me to a lesser extend) some salvation:p

calm down bro. i guess i will post some tech for you. i am working on a bumper so i guess i can show how to prep plastic for paint. once i get the parts i need. i can start on my 301 but i think charlie got all of that down. i just want to make sure you dont waste any money thats all i was trying to do.

thems will work just fine man!

A.j.

oops i didnt see your post right away. sorry for the extra post people.:redface: i know your moving right now, so, i am thinking you want to settle down in the new place before i send them.right? i can send them anytime you want. i am just thinking on your behalf.

oops i didnt see your post right away. sorry for the extra post people.:redface: i know your moving right now, so, i am thinking you want to settle down in the new place before i send them.right? i can send them anytime you want. i am just thinking on your behalf.

yea after I move... everythings in crates and boxes at this point.

within the next 2 months I will have the home of my dreams!

A.j.

yea after I move... everythings in crates and boxes at this point.

within the next 2 months I will have the home of my dreams!

A.j.

glad to hear you found the right house. i figured everything would be in boxes. if i ever had to move i would have to order a semi for all the stuff i have laying around. lol just send me a pm when you want to do the trade.

glad to hear you found the right house. i figured everything would be in boxes. if i ever had to move i would have to order a semi for all the stuff i have laying around. lol just send me a pm when you want to do the trade.

lol, thats where the problem is. I pretty much had done that, as my house was on a short sale.

however... the goverment decided to step in and put a pause on them forclosures. so I have to pause too.

so I had to unpack to manage... what a pain in the ass just to move 4 miles.

A.j.

You're moving into the Playboy mansion?:eek::biggrin: Boy am I gonna have to come visit now.:biggrin: LOL

it basicly will be.

I like lots of girls, I have many extra bedrooms.

im sure atleast one lovely lady would like to stay at my place

not exactly free....

but the payment is. :cool:

A.j.