You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
My Mom Tried to Buy me a car today...

a 78 sport coupe... low miles 2bbl carb, i believe a rebuilt turbo, and other goodies....

750 bones OBO...

My Mom Tried to Buy me a car today...

a 78 sport coupe... low miles 2bbl carb, i believe a rebuilt turbo, and other goodies....

750 bones OBO...

She wanted to get it for me for her birthday... I objectified at first to get some input from you guys...

Attachments

• 26371466226_ORIG.jpg
    26371466226_ORIG.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 58
why the hell did you object!? I woulda so i could swap the chebby wheels for proper buick wheels and sold it to a local member (like me? lol!)

why the hell did you object!? I woulda so i could swap the chebby wheels for proper buick wheels and sold it to a local member (like me? lol!)

hey i didnt say no... I said id think about it, ill probably go back on sunday if its still for sale. I also am going to look at a 73 monte carlo tomorrow...

Sorry I missed ya klast night charlie...

i was busy as ****.

A.j.

What was her name bud?:eek::biggrin: I figured you were but I could use your input on what i sent you.:smile: i think it would be perfect for the first one.:cool:

750 bones OBO...

She wanted to get it for me for her birthday... I objectified at first to get some input from you guys...

Dude, it looks to be in better shape than what you have and will be easier to work on since it's a decent running car from what you've said. Get the thing checked out and if it's running decent then it's a no brainer. You can upgrade to a 4 barrel if you want and use a better set of head and intake later. You need a decent running car and if it is then go for it.:smile:

What was her name bud?:eek::biggrin: I figured you were but I could use your input on what i sent you.:smile: i think it would be perfect for the first one.:cool:

Dude, it looks to be in better shape than what you have and will be easier to work on since it's a decent running car from what you've said. Get the thing checked out and if it's running decent then it's a no brainer. You can upgrade to a 4 barrel if you want and use a better set of head and intake later. You need a decent running car and if it is then go for it.:smile:

YAAAAYYY Ill have 2 turbo regals.... (sniff) im Soo happy (and soo damn full of birthday cake.)

Hold on... did rochester make 2bbl carbs?

if its a G code 3.8 2bbl turbo, its factory rated at 150hp at 3800 rpm and 245 tq at 2400 rpm with 8.01:1 CR; the torque's there and you could probably see a bit more with asic mods like the ported 8445 headers and 4 bbl adapter, later on. its a draw through turbo set up right charlie? myself, if i've the money right now right here, i;d be asking my dad to drive me up there and buy it on the spot and drive it back to Salem then see if i can't get a deal with the local chevy boys about the wheels (chevy rally wheels on a buick bugs me personally; as theyre CHEVY dammit lol)

YAAAAYYY Ill have 2 turbo regals.... (sniff) im Soo happy (and soo damn full of chit!)
Hold on... did rochester make 2bbl carbs?

LOL Way to easy kid.:biggrin:

Before you get the car have it checked out!

if its a G code 3.8 2bbl turbo, its factory rated at 150hp at 3800 rpm and 245 tq at 2400 rpm with 8.01:1 CR; the torque's there and you could probably see a bit more with basic mods like the ported 8445 heads, headers, and 4 bbl adaptor, later on. its a draw through turbo set up right charlie? myself, if i've the money right now right here, I'd be asking my dad to drive me up there and buy it on the spot and drive it back to Salem then see if i can't get a deal with the local chevy boys about the wheels (chevy rally wheels on a buick bugs me personally; as theyre CHEVY dammit lol)

LOL I had to do a few corrections for you Stephen.:biggrin: It's a stock draw through system and has the low port heads on it. The intake is cast iron and the exhaust manifolds are cast iron. thee's a lot you can do with it if you can get the parts, but you need to do the research on how to make it work. I just got the 76 GM diagnostic manual for the turbo cars and the 2 bbl isn't the same as the 4 bbl cars. Several different designs here. The PEVR valve is called a Power Enrichment Control Valve. Seems like there's a few names that aren't quite the same here.:confused:

eh more i learn, more i learn :D this is just according to the 78-85 chilton manual for domestic cars lol; it also says the 1.8L turbo 4 of the skyhawk is good for 150hp and 150 tq

take it to GN NW and have dan check it out?

yes Rochester made 2bbls; theres 2 models, the one on the buick is a Dualjet model, the one used on 2.8 FWDs are VaraJets and possibly on the early 2.5 2bbl engines.

LOL Way to easy kid.:biggrin:

Before you get the car have it checked out!

LOL I had to do a few corrections for you Stephen.:biggrin: It's a stock draw through system and has the low port heads on it. The intake is cast iron and the exhaust manifolds are cast iron. thee's a lot you can do with it if you can get the parts, but you need to do the research on how to make it work. I just got the 76 GM diagnostic manual for the turbo cars and the 2 bbl isn't the same as the 4 bbl cars. Several different designs here. The PEVR valve is called a Power Enrichment Control Valve. Seems like there's a few names that aren't quite the same here.:confused:

I have a feeling thats what a lot of people think about me on here:(... BTW gonna get you back... see to it.. bwahahahah:mad::mad::tongue: Im gonna have my friend look at the car before I buy it (IF I BUY IT)

Ill just say charlie in about 6 hours... im really gonna be full of chit:p:biggrin:

eh more i learn, more i learn :D this is just according to the 78-85 chilton manual for domestic cars lol; it also says the 1.8L turbo 4 of the skyhawk is good for 150hp and 150 tq

take it to GN NW and have dan check it out?

yes Rochester made 2bbls; theres 2 models, the one on the buick is a Dualjet model, the one used on 2.8 FWDs are VaraJets and possibly on the early 2.5 2bbl engines.

there are soo many carbed cieras and other GM FF platformed cars out here it aint even funny... Im thinking of finding a nice carb for me to rebuild. Remember I have that spare engine, and with it High flow heads and other parts. GN northwest is gonna charge me an arm and a leg. "we Dont really work on CT cars" is what They told me...:mad: and Ken is a ghost around here. The only person who can "Really" work on these cars is my friend and I...

BTW... i think that the skyhawk engine has got to make more torque than that... IMO.

its a 1.8L 4 cyl overhead cam engine with a dinky t25 turbo; 150 sounds about right for it, as the 2.5 Pontiac does 130 torque.... if there are so many carbed cieras; are any of them 2 door ES model (looks different) that may be for sale? ;) the 3.0 would be a nice start for a project for me lol! theres also the 84-88 cieras that got 3.8s FI engines, 86+ had the LG3 with roller cams and 200 torque, the earlier ones are 125-140hp with 180-195 torque depending on tune and trans.

its a 1.8L 4 cyl overhead cam engine with a dinky t25 turbo; 150 sounds about right for it, as the 2.5 Pontiac does 130 torque.... if there are so many carbed cieras; are any of them 2 door ES model (looks different) that may be for sale? ;) the 3.0 would be a nice start for a project for me lol! theres also the 84-88 cieras that got 3.8s FI engines, 86+ had the LG3 with roller cams and 200 torque, the earlier ones are 125-140hp with 180-195 torque depending on tune and trans.

so your looking for a 2 door carbed ciera? or a v6 FI 3.0 ciera? They did have some cieras/ park avenues with cool intake manifold with the power/ molly 6 logo on them that I tried to take, but were super brittle and kept cracking.

I have a feeling thats what a lot of people think about me on here:(... BTW gonna get you back... see to it.. bwahahahah:mad::mad::tongue: Im gonna have my friend look at the car before I buy it (IF I BUY IT)

Ill just say charlie in about 6 hours... im really gonna be full of chit:p:biggrin:

Well you've been all over the place kid so can you blame them?:confused:

Make a plan and stick to it for Gods sake!:eek: Then you can make progress. Maybe join the military and get some direction in your life. You need some sort of dicipline in your life to get where you want after all.:smile:

Not trying to chastise you but you're young and it's a long journey from where you are. I wish I was your age again and had the knowledge I have now. I would be set for life by now.:biggrin:

either carbed 2 door V6 A_body, either ciera or century, or a fI 3.8L ciera/century 2 door; preferably one of the following trim levels, ES, GT, International, XC Special Edition (Ciera), T TYpe, GS, Grand TOuring (Century) the GS is the closest to a mini-GN without a turbo engine i know of; and would be the most badass of the group; to tell the difference between them and the plain jane cars; the ES/GT/International/XC all could have special body kit, came in 2 tone colors, or monotone color in gray, white, back, 2 tones are either gray and light gray, or medium garnet red and light gray; whereas for the Buicks, the T Types were 2 tone gray and black or dark gray, and the GS are usually all black with outline "BUICK" somewhere...
a friend of mine has a black GS that he is going to turbocharge the LG3 roller cam engine, it would be his 3rd or 4th turbo Century project and arguably the beastiest looking one since its the only all black century he has.

Well you've been all over the place kid so can you blame them?:confused:

Make a plan and stick to it for Gods sake!:eek: Then you can make progress. Maybe join the military and get some direction in your life. You need some sort of dicipline in your life to get where you want after all.:smile:

Not trying to chastise you but you're young and it's a long journey from where you are. I wish I was your age again and had the knowledge I have now. I would be set for life by now.:biggrin:

are you kidding... 40 is the new 20...!! (joking)

well I get alot of info on this forum and sometimes its hard to get together what I want to do and to form a plan... so I try to do it all (which in life doesnt work) this engine at first was kind of a blunder, but now is working in my favor.

The new plan is to get the car running right first... and from there I might just leave it stock and sell this block... but keep the heads, cam, ect. BTW ive read your turbo thread and it all makes sense now... (blink) I may have to try that someday if I can find an LO5 turbo and a t-type turbo. This new regal would be my Stock DD. Id freshen up the paint a bit, and finish priming the door.

okay enough a$$ kissing for one night... :eek::tongue:

are you kidding... 40 is the new 20...!! (joking)

well I get alot of info on this forum and sometimes its hard to get together what I want to do and to form a plan... so I try to do it all (which in life doesnt work) this engine at first was kind of a blunder, but now is working in my favor.

The new plan is to get the car running right first... and from there I might just leave it stock and sell this block... but keep the heads, cam, ect. BTW ive read your turbo thread and it all makes sense now... (blink) I may have to try that someday if I can find an LO5 turbo and a t-type turbo. This new regal would be my Stock DD. Id freshen up the paint a bit, and finish priming the door.

okay enough a$$ kissing for one night... :eek::tongue:

Now if I could find a 20 YO girl that would put up with a 40 somethng like me.:biggrin::eek: She wouldn't walk straight for a few weeks.:eek::biggrin:

After all your posts of BS I almost put you on my ignore list, but I think I'll leave you on my friends list for now.:cool: Just want to see you make it work and be happy with it kid.:smile: have a good night kid.:smile:

charlie thats easy. learn ASL then hit on the girls at SWICD (SouthWest Intermediate College for the Deaf); i think its in texas :D my previous gf went for a 35 year old guy after dumping me...and shes had a history of hitting on much older men...as do many deaf girls fwiw. just be prepared for dramapocalyspes.

charlie thats easy. learn ASL then hit on the girls at SWICD (SouthWest Intermediate College for the Deaf); i think its in texas :D my previous gf went for a 35 year old guy after dumping me...and shes had a history of hitting on much older men...as do many deaf girls fwiw. just be prepared for dramapocalyspes.

damn... thats tough. I was on a date with a girl one time, and she saw someone she knew that she liked more than I guess, and she moved over to his table and said it was over... thats been my worst so far.

Back