You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Sweet! Well here is an update on my 84 GN. As of right now, the interior is stripped except for the dash.. And now I am tearing the undercarriage apart. The only thing I have left is the A-Arms and spindles to pull out. Everything is getting new bushings and a nice powder-coat. I got a powder gun for Christmas with gloss black powders. Now I am looking on CL for a cheap electric oven to be able to bake stuff. I am contemplating pulling the frame and using some Eastwood chassis black. Do you guys think I should?

Sweet! Well here is an update on my 84 GN. As of right now, the interior is stripped except for the dash.. And now I am tearing the undercarriage apart. The only thing I have left is the A-Arms and spindles to pull out. Everything is getting new bushings and a nice powder-coat. I got a powder gun for Christmas with gloss black powders. Now I am looking on CL for a cheap electric oven to be able to bake stuff. I am contemplating pulling the frame and using some Eastwood chassis black. Do you guys think I should?

try to find a local powdercoat shop and see about them doing the baking for you. You could use a coupe of heat lamps, but im not sure how effective those would be.

try to find a local powdercoat shop and see about them doing the baking for you. You could use a coupe of heat lamps, but im not sure how effective those would be.

I could use some lamps. But keeping it at 400 degrees for 20 Minutes would be a big pain in the butt. I supposed I could ask someone to bake it for me. Ill just call around. I just hope its cheap.

in reality I think im around here the most....

clock in at 0530 on TB.com, and clock out at 1700.

I spend allll working hours on the board. except when im testing.

I just havent felt like saying much.

A.j.

good to see you back. so, what have you been up to?

good to see you back. so, what have you been up to?

I havent done too much....

christmas and new years were a real bummer... as my GF and her kids werent nuthing but trouble, a womans jealousy is rediculous! especially when your actually doing what your supposed too. oh well her loss.

im kinda down on the buick stuff for now until I finish moving. I need room to pull my body and get ready for the new cage. I am debating the heads for this engine as well........ really tempted to spring for a set of GN1s or TAs, who knows.. we will see what the future holds.

But Mostly ive been real heavy into the Pontiac SD lately, pushing alot of work into the head. im really thinking I can pull 550 if not more out of this engine. im already nearing the 280 cfm per port area so I think it can be done. The bottom end is just about done, after the bearing fiasco and confusion over offset stroking was solved the crank is finished and im almost ready for assembly. just need to finish clearancing the block for the rev kit and have her tanked again.

A.j.

I havent done too much....

christmas and new years were a real bummer... as my GF and her kids werent nuthing but trouble, a womans jealousy is rediculous! especially when your actually doing what your supposed too. oh well her loss.

im kinda down on the buick stuff for now until I finish moving. I need room to pull my body and get ready for the new cage. I am debating the heads for this engine as well........ really tempted to spring for a set of GN1s or TAs, who knows.. we will see what the future holds.

But Mostly ive been real heavy into the Pontiac SD lately, pushing alot of work into the head. im really thinking I can pull 550 if not more out of this engine. im already nearing the 280 cfm per port area so I think it can be done. The bottom end is just about done, after the bearing fiasco and confusion over offset stroking was solved the crank is finished and im almost ready for assembly. just need to finish clearancing the block for the rev kit and have her tanked again.

A.j.
christmas was a bummer for me too.

Everybody's busy... me too. @ Home I'm swamped my shop is full which is both good and bad which is to be expected when your the local (go-to-guy):cool:. This week It's: A '95 Supercharged VWGolfIII clubcar and an '02 Dodge Neon SRT4, Outside two more machines wait.:p Speaking of waiting that's what most of my Buick projects are doing:eek: lol but not for much longer.

Attachments

• gar.jpg
    gar.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 50
  • gar1.jpg
    gar1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 48
  • gar2.jpg
    gar2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 45
  • gar3.jpg
    gar3.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 46
  • gar4.jpg
    gar4.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 52
looking for a turbo hood for your car? I got one that im gonna paint. its in my shop pic above.

Hey 83turbo. Just curious, but what are you planning to do with your car? I like to hear about projects like mine coming from kids near my age.. Not many of us out there that are restoring or fixing up their own car :D.

Hey 83turbo. Just curious, but what are you planning to do with your car? I like to hear about projects like mine coming from kids near my age.. Not many of us out there that are restoring or fixing up their own car :D.

well right now im in school, and thats a top priority in my book. after that im just gonna focus on getting the car running right first. After that ill probably get a rebuild and stary getting some parts together to make the car look like an 86 t-type. After that a blow through carb engine. then ill do some painting and some interior work (tan interior). new rims and tires, 19's on the front, 20s in the rear, find a nice 3.42 posi unit from and old GP, new suspension, rear break work.

After the 83t-type is all together... maybe ill look into getting an SFI car.

Well I'm gonna through a wrench in here. Goats wife had an accident in her car today and lost both babys. It was a hit an run so the bastard got away with it for now.

Well I'm gonna through a wrench in here. Goats wife had an accident in her car today and lost both babys. It was a hit an run so the bastard got away with it for now.

Wait what? Holy crap! My condolences.. :frown::( That is so sad.

Back