You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
little off topic; what design of attachment do your buicks use for windshield wiper arms? by attachment, I mean the base which goes to the pin/gear thing in the cowl panel, not the area where the blade goes on...
I've a problem with my 83 ciera's wiper arms having different base and arm end compared to the newer GM cars' pull tab attachment....if it had used the 3/16 pin like pretty much all others, i'd not be worried, but its got the weird double slot arm attachment with a squared U profile, not like the other U shaped arms...and nobody makes replacement blades like this...unfortunately.

start a new thread and post a pic if you can. Is that turd sporting a 3.0?

charlie i need your help is there any way you could take a picture of the stock 301 backing plate with out the blades? only if you can. thanks

You mean like the ones I posted in the thread that already exists Matt?:confused::eek::biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCN0004.JPG
    DSCN0004.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCN0003.JPG
    DSCN0003.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 50
start a new thread and post a pic if you can. Is that turd sporting a 3.0?

lol; it not a turd, i wouldnt have bought it if it were a turd. even for $300..and its sporting the reliably slow 2.5 iron duke, but I am looking at the various buick engines in the yards and the Quad DOHC engines; however with 71K on the clock, I'm inclined to keep the engine mostly original.....but a little bit of zip would be nice.
anyways; pic of the attachment to come tomorrow! an possibly looking at a 307 equipped Regal; see if theres any saving grace to it or not.
oh yeah ,I like the 80s GMs......both FWD and RWD :D with the possible exception of the T1000/NOVA versions of the Corolla?

lol; it not a turd, i wouldnt have bought it if it were a turd. even for $300..and its sporting the reliably slow 2.5 iron duke, but I am looking at the various buick engines in the yards and the Quad DOHC engines; however with 71K on the clock, I'm inclined to keep the engine mostly original.....but a little bit of zip would be nice.
anyways; pic of the attachment to come tomorrow! an possibly looking at a 307 equipped Regal; see if theres any saving grace to it or not.
oh yeah ,I like the 80s GMs......both FWD and RWD :D with the possible exception of the T1000/NOVA versions of the Corolla?

Why not get all the parts to put a 3.8 in it with an OD trans and put a draw thru setup on it. THAT would be bad ass:cool:

I'm thinking a 3.8 VIN 3, either the flat tappet 1985 or roller cam 1986-88 SFI engines, and do a T3/T4 hybrid intercooled set up; to a 4T60E, but it is easier to find a 3.8/4 speed equipped Ciera or Century than it is to find a running 3.8 for under $400 lol. thats why I was looking at the Quad DOHC engine, 150-180 HP depending on RPO and year, 4 cylinders, never came in these cars....may be lighter than the iron duke, but if I could get a good 3.8 engine and 4 speed for 3-400 complete with harness, ecu, etc, then i'll use that. there IS an 82 ciera 2 door wih the 3.0 local to me though, that I might be able to by and build using a 79 riv turbo manifold if i can find one, and do a D/T turbo... the other option is to get a 60 degree V6 and build that instead...

Paint it black, make a turbo hood, lip spoiler, front spoiler with air ducts, tint windows, alloy 5 spoke wheels and you get one bad ass looking ride:biggrin:

i;ve been trying to find one of these for sale for a decent price; or a Ciera ES/GT/International...but I'l take what i can for 2 doors around here..if i can score the 3.0 82 ciera coupe with more faded paint, then i could just go whole hog and paint it black, turbo the 3.0, or change the 3.0 block (tall deck) for the short deck MFI 3.0 block, keep the higher compression pistons and go nuts with a 9.0 CR and MFI turbo....lol
I like anything that could get a buick v6 factory, or a chevy v6 (the X car is a smaller relative of the A-car which means it could use A-car and the U-vans, the dustbuster vans parts with minimal mods) from the 80s lol

Back