Can I get a high 10

malibu78

Fellas,

Will a stock long block with valve springs 60lbs injectors and a TE 62 go into the tens on a good air day and traction??? I have gone 11.24 with the te 62, 009 and 23.5 lbs of boost. Car runs with no knock, 770 o2 volts with TT 5.6 chip richened all the way and my alky spraying full blast and c16 and timing set at 27/26 . I know the turbo is good for 28lbs just don't want to lean it out. The car does have an XP pump. basically what I am asking will the 60lbs injectors and a chip reburn get me in the 10's???:biggrin:

You have a bigger turbo, cam, better heads. Do you think I can get into the 10's with my set up and bigger injector?

You can definatly do it with your parts.
A friend of mine went 11.08 at 28 psi with 009 injectors on the stock motor.

Just turn up the boost a touch, watch the tune, and bust a 60 ft and you`re there.
I`d almost back the timing back a touch. My cars have always responded better in the 21-23 area.

You can definatly do it with your parts.
A friend of mine went 11.08 at 28 psi with 009 injectors on the stock motor.

Just turn up the boost a touch, watch the tune, and bust a 60 ft and you`re there.
I`d almost back the timing back a touch. My cars have always responded better in the 21-23 area.

I am afraid she'll lean out with 009's. As mentioned before my 02's were 770 at 23.5 lbs with the injectors maxed out and spraying alky full blast with c16 fuel.

I am afraid she'll lean out with 009's. As mentioned before my 02's were 770 at 23.5 lbs with the injectors maxed out and spraying alky full blast with c16 fuel.

IMHO.... lean is lean whether C16 or pump gas...... C16 might buy you an ever so slight advantage.... bottom line if you lean it out even on C16... she'll blow.

IMHO... with your current ET.... yes I think 10's are doable with enough fuel (sans 60# injectors and new TT chip) to allow you to up the boost some.... you might not have to go all the way to 28 psi..... just good air and a great 60'.... 26 psi... should be more than enough....

Good luck and keep us posted.

You have a bigger turbo, cam, better heads. Do you think I can get into the 10's with my set up and bigger injector?

I only run 21 lbs boost and leave the line easy... just braketorquing to about 1 lb. If you launch hard and crank the boost up to 25 lbs. you may be able to do it on a good air day and traction as you said. Just watch your O2 readings so they don't fsall below .82 during a run.

In the past, I ran 10.91 with just 50 lb injectors before I switched to the 60 lb'ers.

I only run 21 lbs boost and leave the line easy... just braketorquing to about 1 lb. If you launch hard and crank the boost up to 25 lbs. you may be able to do it on a good air day and traction as you said. Just watch your O2 readings so they don't fsall below .82 during a run.

In the past, I ran 10.91 with just 50 lb injectors before I switched to the 60 lb'ers.

I will let you guys know what happens this spring if I don't sell the car. If I can't sell it by early May, I am going to uprgrade to the motron 60's and have my chip reburnt by Eric at TT. Thanks for the info

You can do it!
Leave the timing and turn the boost up! I had to go to 28 lbs to get my 10.94 with about a 3580lb car with me.

See sig and good luck!

Scott

Do you have the initial turned to max or the controller turn to max? 770 on the SM doesnt always mean that you are verge of running lean..Do you have a wide band? I have seen 770 on the SM and 11.0 on the wide band..

Are you sure your fp is not dropping off in 3rd? The reason i ask is that your chip burn seems to be way off if you have added all you can and its still lean with the 60's. Eric is usually damn close when you tell him your combo. I suspect another problem with fuel delivery. Look into it before going up in boost. The one in my sig was with 50's and and alky and i actually had to pull a small amount of fuel to hit 11.3:1 in 80 degree air and run 126mph at 3600lbs. You can run 10's at 30-32 psi with a stock long block if you 60' in the mid 1.50's. Those injectors should take you into the mid 130's with a single nozzle if the pulse width is maxed out. Fwiw at 11.3:1 my narrow band O2 numbers are around .740mv. A wideband or egt gauge is a better tuning tool when trying to get every last bit out of it.

Your going slower with the c16 since its too much octane......

Adding timing will take care of any slow burn issues from higher octane to recover any lost power. 28/26 degrees and 28 psi shouldnt be a problem with c16.

Call Eric I'm sure there's a bit more left in the 009s assuming you're not reving the crap out of the motor thru the traps. He might be able to bump up the base fuel.

Are you sure your fp is not dropping off in 3rd? The reason i ask is that your chip burn seems to be way off if you have added all you can and its still lean with the 60's. Eric is usually damn close when you tell him your combo. I suspect another problem with fuel delivery. Look into it before going up in boost. The one in my sig was with 50's and and alky and i actually had to pull a small amount of fuel to hit 11.3:1 in 80 degree air and run 126mph at 3600lbs. You can run 10's at 30-32 psi with a stock long block if you 60' in the mid 1.50's. Those injectors should take you into the mid 130's with a single nozzle if the pulse width is maxed out. Fwiw at 11.3:1 my narrow band O2 numbers are around .740mv. A wideband or egt gauge is a better tuning tool when trying to get every last bit out of it.

Bison,

I currently have 009's not the 60s. I am wondering if I get 60lbs injectors if it will run in the 10's. I can only get 23.5 lbs of boost and according to Julio's sticky on tuning with a scantron you want your o2's to be 770-780. I figured with the bigger injector I could turn the boost up to 26-28lbs of boost.

c16, if it is straight c16. What I mean by straight is all the other fuel is completely out of the tank not pumped out. There is approximately 3 gallons left in the tank when pumping fuel out via the injector rail. C16 is awesom fuel in terms of preventing detonation. I probably could run faster at my current boost level with slightly less octane, but I want some room for error. I have cracked block on N2O motors due to detonation. Detonation as we all know is bad news. I run straight c16 on my N2o drag car that has 13:1 compression and run throught the traps a 7600rpms. No signs of detonation on the plugs. I agree with less octane there may be some left just scared to detonate the motor

Call Eric I'm sure there's a bit more left in the 009s assuming you're not reving the crap out of the motor thru the traps. He might be able to bump up the base fuel.
Going through at 5000 rpms according to the scantron

Bison,

I currently have 009's not the 60s. I am wondering if I get 60lbs injectors if it will run in the 10's. I can only get 23.5 lbs of boost and according to Julio's sticky on tuning with a scantron you want your o2's to be 770-780. I figured with the bigger injector I could turn the boost up to 26-28lbs of boost.

Yes get the 60lbs injectors,

but NOT all cars are the same. Turn the boost up slowly with a lb at a time, if it detonates then take the boost back down to where it doesnt knock, or even barely then turn the fp up by a hair to where it doesnt knock.

Just because Julio says that you should tune between 770-780, doesnt mean it will be the best out come with your car, your car may like it around 750 to get that 10 sec pass!

I'm saying lean it out a little bit more, until it denotates, then when it does, put it back to where it was BEFORE knocking. As in if on one pass you have 780 02's with 25 psi, then you turn it up to 26 psi and you have 771 o2, then go to 27 psi, your 02 goes to 753 but then you get get .9 KR, then 1. turn then go back to 26 psi, make a pass and if it doesnt knock and is at 773 02's then try some differnet launching techniques..

Also if your mph decreases from going to 770 from 780, then put it back to 780. Go by the MPH when tuning, not ET.

Hope that made sense :biggrin:

-Adam