first 10 second pass!!

JDSfastGN

But there is still a lot on the table.... including my mph.
I went to the track last night. twice I had an issue where some how the WB tracking defaulted to a lean value and it dumped in all the fuel it could and the car ran bottom 11s at a low mph due to bogging.
On the 3 clean runs where the WB tracking did its job the car ran ok. 1st pass:

23-23.5 psi 23/21* timing
60 ft: 1.65
330: 4.65
1/8th: 7.14
mph: 98.58
1/4: 11.106
mph: 124.04

24.5 psi 23/21* timing and adjusted fueling in the chip so it wasn't bottomed out
60 ft: 1.58
330: 4.499
1/8th: 6.948
mph: 100.07
1/4: 10.873
mph: 122.08

24.5 psi 23/21*
60 ft: 1.57
330: 4.477
1/8th: 6.91
mph: 100.66
1/4: 10.82
mph: 123.02

I realize my mph is down compared to what it should be. I didn't get enough runs in to really start making changes. I wasted a 1.54 60 ft on a run where my WB tracking messed up and went way rich which was disappointing. Im kinda surprised to see my PTC only around 13% efficiency and wonder if the 3.23s and 28s are actually hurting the car. The car had been 124 with a 61 a couple years ago. Here is a log of my last 10.82 run, tell me what ya think. My car has always wanted to be around 11.0-11.1 but i was being conservative because next weekend is noble and i didn't want to hurt it. I'm also quite pleased with the 60fts as the car does not transfer weight at all with how low it is and its setup for handling more than drag racing.

Attachments

• 10.82.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 72
which exact chip? which wideband? Interesting your injector duty cycle is at 111% peak

I would say its trying to save you with the blms at 170 you either have a bad fuel problem pump prob or injectors are just too small. Which wide band if i plug itn lc-1 it shows 10.06 a/f at the top..

Congratulations !!!! You are solid in the 10.8's, that's a fast car !!
You may benefit by moving your seat closer to the steering wheel, block #532-537 you let up on the go pedal a smidge, (getting pinned back in the seat will do that). over 106% IDC (injector duty cycle) at the top of the run, some sort of fuel volume issue, like was mentioned. The good news, no knock !!

Chuck

I would say its trying to save you with the blms at 170 you either have a bad fuel problem pump prob or injectors are just too small. Which wide band if i plug itn lc-1 it shows 10.06 a/f at the top..

Its a Zeitronix unit. Naw there is no fueling problem, its an issue with the chip or WB. It may need a certain amount of seconds to get out of its warm up mode and maybe I didn't give it enough time, but i have seen where my my numbers on the powerlogger and the numbers on my Zeitronix LCD do not correspond int he past.

Don;t know what to tell you but 170 blms and 111% duty cycle is not normal, maybe Eric can chime in. The numbers must correspond betweeen WB and PLC.

The A/F never reached your target A/F, so the chip added all the fuel it could to try to get there. So you'll need to figure out if the wideband sensor is bad, or if something is failing in the fuel or alky system.

You picked up about 25.5mph out the back on the first pass and only about 22 on the tother passes. Id look into that. What tires were you running? What power level did you order the converter for? Id expect higher slip if your not running the car over 130mph especially with 3.23 gears

Duty cycle over 100% (and BLMs pegged at 170!!). Injectors too small? Mine used to have 103%, then I switched from 43# to 60# injectors. My duty cycle is now around 78%.

Also your A/F ratio is all over the board. The TT6.0 chip should maintain a fairly strict A/F ratio. Check out mine. You can actually see it change once I hit third gear.

4895221945_97980d85df_z.jpg

At any rate, your car is smokin fast!

I must have put the wrong log up or something. I meant to post a clean pass. Like I stated, sometimes the WB reads normal on my LCD but on powerlogger its reading lean and the computer is fooled into flooding it. Here is the real log for the 10.82 run.

Attachments

• 10103.zip
    52.1 KB · Views: 44
The 3.23's will load the converter more and increase the slip. It can be stalled to make up for that if it spools fast enough for you as it is.

I'd look into the trap rpm. If your way under your shift rpm I'd look at changing back to the 3.42's.

I must have put the wrong log up or something. I meant to post a clean pass. Like I stated, sometimes the WB reads normal on my LCD but on powerlogger its reading lean and the computer is fooled into flooding it. Here is the real log for the 10.82 run.

JD, what program do you use to open this powerlogger file? I can't open any .dat file without it showing up as a bunch of garbage.

JD, what program do you use to open this powerlogger file? I can't open any .dat file without it showing up as a bunch of garbage.

hmm im not sure, i just zipped it, when mine opens the zip it uses winrar or something like that.

Thanks Dusty, I may switch to a 27" tall tire if I can fine one and see how it likes it, but i think a lot of my mph was lost somewhere in the fueling. Like Bison stated, it picked up 25.5 earlier and it has always picked up 25+ since the PTC install. But last night it wasn't liking something

Are you on pump gas/alky or race gas?

Congrats getting into the 10's.. I know how hard it is when your inching away at it. And agree with all the posts provided.

Your TPS is going to cause you some grief.. especially if your on a 2004r.

Top of third it started to pickup a few degree's knock. Needs a little more octane. Unless its false as it still showed after you lifted.

Are you on pump gas/alky or race gas?

Congrats getting into the 10's.. I know how hard it is when your inching away at it. And agree with all the posts provided.

Your TPS is going to cause you some grief.. especially if your on a 2004r.

Top of third it started to pickup a few degree's knock. Needs a little more octane. Unless its false as it still showed after you lifted.

Razor this is pump gas alky. The knock I'm not sure about, every time I turned up the alky to take care of the knock, it knocked a bit more, my car had never liked a large amount, but I didn't get a chance to run with it backed down to 6 or so from the 7 I had it turned up to.