Hot Airs, Why No E85 Or Preturbo And Direct Port Injection?

What about the Alky Injection aspect, Preturbo and even Direct Port nozzles to help out even more? I know Direct Port isn't going to give you guys the bang for the buck the bigger post-turbo nozzles will down stream, but 4 Direct Port nozzles around 2gph in the plenum could really help.

Has Julio ever considered a Direct Port for you guys, or is anyone trying/doing that? I have some options if Julio doesn't currently have a kit or can't be talked into doing one. Though I think he's doing Preturbo now so his adventurous side is coming out more and we're his crazy stepchildren, so he has to at least try. :cool:

Jerry L, is that Mike comment towards me?
If so, I never had a Hot Air, I just converted my 87 TO Hot Air to roll with you guys. :biggrin:;)

I started this to not only learn more, but I think we can really take advantage of this 84-85 eras engineering to push the limit with todays fun toys. :cool:

............Jerry L, is that Mike comment towards me?
If so, I never had a Hot Air, I just converted my 87 TO Hot Air to roll with you guys. :biggrin:;)

Yes, it was towards you, but apparently, my CRS is setting in. :(

I'll first admit I'm not a frequent viewer in here, but I keep seeing threads about intercoolers and so on and that you're all still stuck with the tiny TA33 turbo so I've got to ask.

Why aren't you guys running E85 and at least a 4gph Preturbo injection nozzle with Direct Port injection in the plenum?

You'd be able to max out that turbo and run 11's with a good combo all for pretty cheap considering the conversions cost.

You have EFI and a Chipped ECM so I'm curious what I'm missing in your setup?

I have been thinking about this lately. I am all set to go 100% e85 as soon as i get my tranny back in and injector/chip swapped this week.with the preturbo nozzle it seems folks are sorta scared of impeller damage. I have a brand new alky kit sitting here. Import guy bought it and didn't use it. Funny thing is, my turbo guy RECOMMENDED putting the nozzle preturbo...i have plenty of old nitrous and fuel solenoids laying around, and could put one in the turbo adaptor. or even both....When others ask about this, they get told not to do this....???

Preturbo gets a black eye because early on tuners were using it incorrectly really. Pumps that didn't have a lot of pressure and nozzles that didn't mist fine enough. Todays pumps push plenty of pressure and the nozzles mist really fine so the concerns are over IMO. I have about 9 months of Preturbo (3gph) on my daily Talon (more Alky miles than my GN) and everything's awesome. I really should take a pic of the comp wheel because it will ease a lot of peoples uneasiness about it.

Personally, anything can screw up a performance car if done incorrectly or not to the fullest extent. Using Nitrous nozzles IMO isn't worth it considering how cheap nozzles from Julio or Devils Own Injection are that will do the job 100% properly. Preturbo can cause damage so stick with the nozzles that get the job done.

But Preturbo is only going to help so much, Postturbo is really the next big step after E85 so we should brainstorm on Direct Port Injection. I think you guys are missing out on some boost left on the table. :cool:

Cool, how much Preturbo (nozzle size) and who's kit?
Did you also notice the 1psi boost creep due to the denser comp charge?

Here is something I'd try if I were in this position.

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/direct-port-injection-upgrade-205.html

I'd go 4 nozzle Direct Port Injection, each starting at 2gph on pure VP1 Meth. I'd install these towards the top of the plenum, inline with the TB flow actually, with 2 on each side and spaced apart so the whole top of the plenum was getting hit with a misting spray.

I wouldn't tap into the intake for a few reasons, one being the nozzle size would be lower due to the proximity to the valve and you'd have to take off the intake to make sure it's free of debris.

With a 3gph Preturbo and potentially 8gph (or more) Direct Port, you guys would have a decent amount of Alky to help keep MAT temps low. Do this with E85 and you'd be able to run almost race levels of psi everyday. :cool:

This appears to be very current E-85 site..There are big differences in price in the states that have many pumps..$.80 difference in one state from pump to pump....
You have to click the Stations TAB after the prices come up..Unfortunately not all the stations are listed on the price screen, but all are listed at the Stations TAB...
E85 Prices