You can type here any text you want

John force Hurt 9/23/07

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
As I watched that play out

I thought it strange that no one came to his wifes side or that she did not make a move to go to him.

Think About this When the tire gave up at 10000 rpm (guess) and shook the chassis so hard the car turned right then John pulls chute (with the car sideways somethings gotta give). You Guys are right about one thing the car did not separate the way it was supposed to. So why did it happen? I see the tire separation story they did earlier in the broadcast as more than just a coincidence. This is a very similar incident to the crash that Eric Medlin had Florida.

GOD BLESS JOHN AND HIS FAMILY.
Doug

The tire/s blowing would not cause the car to come apart. The timing cones were a mere coincdence of the whole incident. The car is designed to come apart to seperate the driver from the engine,yes, but I'm pretty sure it is not designed to leave the driver's legs dangling from a rolling cockpit as you can clearly see in slooooow motion. (Love Tivo) Something blew besides a tire to seperate the car. My opinion.

The tires blowing would not cause the car to come apart, are you serious:confused:. As I mentioned above what do you think caused the death of Eric Medlin?
Not trying to be a dick but that dosen't make any sense. The force of a nitro funny car tire coming apart at those speeds could have easily caused a previously unseen stress fracture to crack and destroy a car.
Doug

Exactly my point, "a previously unseen stress fracture" or another contributing factor such a unseen design flaw in the tire or chassis design. We've all seen tires blow on all types of cars at all different speeds and only recently are the cars disintigrating. It is my feeling that something else is going on here. I'm not saying the tire didn't start the process. Upon reading my post, I didn't explain myself clearly.

Steve

Just when you thought it was a tire, check out this video.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIMmCn0VMjo]YouTube - John Force Crash at Dallas -- Part 1 of 3[/YOUTUBE]

At 1 minute 49 seconds on this video (7:15 - 7:11 viewed on here) you can clearly see that both the rear
tires are still intact, although flat. But not shreaded like when tires explode.
After showing this video to my coworker Darrick, (active drag racer for over 30 years and worked on Warren Johnsons Pro Stock Team) his comments were this,

It looks like something came apart either with the motor or the clutch exploded and caused some frame damage and or compromised the integrity of the frame. It basically broke away at the motor plate. You can see smoke and parts flying out from under the car before the chutes deployed. Then when the chutes pop, the force of them popping basically ripped the car apart. Nose went one way, John and the rearend went the other.

That's the best we could tell from watching this video over and over again. The cones, don't look like they really ever touched his car at all, but you can see destruction coming from under the car before the chutes popped.

Here's the other 2 videos.

YouTube - John Force Crash at Dallas -- Part 2 of 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duZN...3 - John Force Crash at Dallas -- Part 3 of 3

I hope he recovers well, definitely one of the best there is.
I really liked the fact that as they were carting him away, Johns only concern was for Kenny, as he kept asking about Kennys' condition.
My bet is, NHRA will definitely launch a big investigation into this one.

Patrick

The tires blowing would not cause the car to come apart, are you serious:confused:. As I mentioned above what do you think caused the death of Eric Medlin?

John Force was interviewed in the local paper on the Thursday or Friday before the crash and he said Eric Medlin was killed by closed head brain injury from being shook from the vibrations caused by a tire explosion.

It's much easier do visualize a brain injury caused from an impact, but Force believes it was from the shaking (like shaken baby syndrome).

He said he plans to build a Funny Car chassis where the driver's compartment is separate and isolated from the chassis so the shaking isn't transmitted to the driver.

He was interviewed on TV from his hospital bed in Dallas.

He was still running his mouth at 350 mph, so I guess he is doing OK.

They interviewed him again this past weekend during the Virginia race and
he was much more subdued. It was almost creepy to watch, he talked slowly and had his eyes shut while he was talking. I think he may have been on pain meds, I don't know...

I love listening to his interviews when he's going 350 mph. lol
A few years back he dropped the F-bomb twice during the same interview,
he had to be reminded by the reporter that he was on live TV.

Back