Screw in wheel stud question

northerngn

Master Monkeywrench
I was wondering what you guys that are running 1/2 in screw in studs torqued them to and did you use locktight on them as well

thanks in advance

-Dan

what they said. red loctite and hammer them down

Long studs, impact wrench, loctite...
DSC00163.JPG

Nice work What axles did you use? I have not found any that take screw in studs in a 28 spline :(

Nice work What axles did you use? I have not found any that take screw in studs in a 28 spline :(

Moser will do them any way you like, i suspect that's true of all the places that make them.

On Jegs and Summit they only have the press in style :( They are both the cheapest price wise also.

My 28 spline mosers are press in too bought them at dts....What are the benefits of screw in vs press in?

those are not mr gasket lug nuts ...those are mcgards ..i wouldnt run any other brand of shank lug

A "right on" that.....Used the set of Gorillas that came with the over priced Billet Specialties wheels on the 55. Immediate issue with the nut tearing the washer to pieces..1 torquing and they were junk.
BS told me "tuff $hit"... Called Gorilla, sent pics, sent failed parts. They sent a new set... Same deal>>junk. [Claimed the nuts were theirs, but not the washers]o_O
McGARDS...Repeat r&r.. never a problem. The guy at McGards just laffed when I told him what was going on...

My 28 spline mosers are press in too bought them at dts....What are the benefits of screw in vs press in?
I was told that screw in are better as they distribute the load more even and once you go so fast NHRA Rules state you have to have screw in studs on all 4 corners so they have to be safer for what ever reason. Maybe someone in the know more will chime in and lets all know :)

I have found no 28 Spline Shafts with Screw in studs the only way to get them is to custom order them and they are $100 more :(