Stage 2 TT street car

Mike understood no problem, some like high compression and some like low compression. I guess the proof is in pudding when it hits the dyno and track.

This week I received a remote tune from Rich the EFI expert:
https://www.fastmanefi.com/
Rich remoted-in to my laptop and we went through my tune line by line.....Wow, what a difference, what a huge difference. I barely touch the key and it fires off, no stumble, no bs, car just flys. There were A LOT of adjustments made to the tune, a tune I paid quite a bit for. Rich takes the time to explain what he is doing and how each parameter affects the other. HIGHLY recommend!!!
Had to install a new elbow and TB as the one I had on it had warped flanges creating a large vacuum leak. If anyone would like to know the exact parts required to use the Wilson stuff let me know and I'll post it.
DSCF2852.JPG

Mike

That Wilson manifold is no joke bud . It’s a billet piece correct? With a divided thing in the doghouse? Beautiful build and mad props for going against the grain with the stage heads, twins, and AC .

Yes the plenum is the billet piece, I need to pull the intake sometime and machine the intake carb pad down as I only have about .2" clearance to the hood. It was tough taking such a nice piece apart and drilling holes in it for the boost sensors. Everything is O-ring sealed, no gaskets, very nice. Throttle cable and linkage were very simple to integrate. Since this pic was taken I added an additional return spring for safety.
DSCF2832.JPG

This week I received a remote tune from Rich the EFI expert:
https://www.fastmanefi.com/
Rich remoted-in to my laptop and we went through my tune line by line.....Wow, what a difference, what a huge difference. I barely touch the key and it fires off, no stumble, no bs, car just flys. There were A LOT of adjustments made to the tune, a tune I paid quite a bit for. Rich takes the time to explain what he is doing and how each parameter affects the other. HIGHLY recommend!!!
Had to install a new elbow and TB as the one I had on it had warped flanges creating a large vacuum leak. If anyone would like to know the exact parts required to use the Wilson stuff let me know and I'll post it.
View attachment 342115

Mike
How much for the tune if you don't mind me asking

Trying to figure it out myself from the FAST help and forums was much too frustrating.

Mike
Man after my own heart figure out how to do it yourself that's the best way even if you do have to pay somebody for a little knowledge to get you started that's the correct route,sweet ride by the way

Chassis strengthening is now on my mind. What I need; I want to jack the car up from any corner and have the whole side of the car raise up evenly......stiff chassis is what I want. How can the car be stiffened greatly with the least amount of difficulty?
- 6-point cage (seems simple, I'd let a professional shop do it)
- Welding frame shut with Hellwig kit and add reinforcement bars (really difficult: remove body from frame)
- Cage and frame work?
The car is a flimsy noodle as it sits, have to get rid of the quarter panel folding inward.

Mike

Winter projects on the GN: Installed 1-piece Featherlite rear bumper, GNS rear frame brace, UMI shock tower brace & replaced all the body bushings with Kirban stock-style units. Used a thick-walled tube for frame brace.
DSCF3007.JPGDSCF3006.JPGDSCF2976.JPGDSCF2980.JPGIMG_1332.JPGIMG_1308.JPG
Mike

Winter projects con't: I found the driveline angle was off, so I had to raise the trans tail quite a bit to get it to 2.5-3 degrees. The trans tunnel had to be cut out and a Hurst tunnel bonded in its place. It was a good opportunity to build a new soild shifter mount.

IMG_0923.JPGDSCF2875 (2).JPGDSCF2876.JPGDSCF2878 (2).JPGDSCF2922 (2).JPGDSCF2924 (1).JPG
Mike

Glad you got the tune sorted out. With The covid-outbreak I am doing many remote tunes recently with good results. However, expect many files and logs back and forth, as the temperature changes the cold start takes time to adjust for different temperatures. Look for me on Facebook if anyone needs some help.

Tunnel work, Hurst tunnel comes in 2 pieces. I welded the 6 speed hole then primed and painted before using 3M panel epoxy & rivets to bond it to the floor. The angle change meant I could no longer fit my 4" diameter driveshaft in without hitting the floor so I went with a 3.5" Mark Williams shaft and it fit perfect.
DSCF2927 (1).JPGDSCF2928 (1).JPGDSCF2929.JPGDSCF2930.JPGDSCF2931 (2).JPGDSCF2933.JPGDSCF2886.JPG
Mike

Winter projects on the GN: Installed 1-piece Featherlite rear bumper, GNS rear frame brace, UMI shock tower brace & replaced all the body bushings with Kirban stock-style units. Used a thick-walled tube for frame brace.
View attachment 353114View attachment 353116View attachment 353117View attachment 353118View attachment 353119View attachment 353120
Mike
I'd like to see a little more of that rear bumper. Can you shoot a few more pics? How does it fir under the taillights? At the quarter panels? Can the imitation impact strip be chopped down, filled and made smooth?

Winter projects con't, tried to design a console but went with a pre-made fiberglass unit that is very close to what will work in a GN, waiting for it to arrive. Finally got around to installing my GNX fender vents:
DSCF2909.JPGDSCF1891.JPGDSCF1895.JPG1002.jpgDSCF2896.JPGDSCF2903 (2).JPGDSCF2902 (1).JPG

Mike

Summer projects: New design ATS steering arms, Vibrant resonators, Braum seats, Ridetech front sway bar, UMI rear sway bar, Global West front LCA, fitted new console. A word about FAST XFI, the upfront purchase price is only the beginning, it will cost you 3x on top of that to get it right. No over the phone tune is going to dial it in, it takes a pro to do this on a dyno or by your side at the race track. Be prepared to pay the man, not to View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment View attachment simply provide a quickie-tune for WOT and to get the engine started but to tune it so it works very well everywhere in the rpm band and starts perfectly at any temperature, that will cost you.
Mike

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 152
Summer projects: New design ATS steering arms, Vibrant resonators, Braum seats, Ridetech front sway bar, UMI rear sway bar, Global West front LCA, fitted new console. A word about FAST XFI, the upfront purchase price is only the beginning, it will cost you 3x on top of that to get it right. No over the phone tune is going to dial it in, it takes a pro to do this on a dyno or by your side at the race track. Be prepared to pay the man, not to View attachment 358948View attachment 358949View attachment 358950View attachment 358952View attachment 358953View attachment 358954View attachment 358955 simply provide a quickie-tune for WOT and to get the engine started but to tune it so it works very well everywhere in the rpm band and starts perfectly at any temperature, that will cost you.
Mike
One hell of a build. Been following a long time

Summer projects: New design ATS steering arms, Vibrant resonators, Braum seats, Ridetech front sway bar, UMI rear sway bar, Global West front LCA, fitted new console. A word about FAST XFI, the upfront purchase price is only the beginning, it will cost you 3x on top of that to get it right. No over the phone tune is going to dial it in, it takes a pro to do this on a dyno or by your side at the race track. Be prepared to pay the man, not to View attachment 358948View attachment 358949View attachment 358950View attachment 358952View attachment 358953View attachment 358954View attachment 358955 simply provide a quickie-tune for WOT and to get the engine started but to tune it so it works very well everywhere in the rpm band and starts perfectly at any temperature, that will cost you.
Mike
Yes best way to tune it is on the dyno i agree. Online tuning works up to point from logs.

Now this is genius:
What fuel cell would the twin Racetronix pumps fit right into? I saw NRE use the same setup and it makes good sense if E85 is not readily available. Sure wouldn't need to deal with uneven methanol distribution or a knock sensor.

Mike