You can type here any text you want

What can I expect from upgrading the rear sway bar?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Been doing some reading where someone asked about upgrading his sway bar and was told the HR bar or the ATR bar. I didn't want to hijack so i started my own thread.

Not really too sure what to expect if I went with one of these bars. I currently have the stocker. (in fact all of my suspension, except for the shocks, is stock) I've been told by a few to leave it and by others to upgrade to an HR bar or to an ATR bar (if I can find one)

So what comes with one of these bars? My understanding is cornering, also i believe I read they play a role in the 60 fts? (how?)

Thanks!

it depends on what you want to do with the car....but, i would go with the h+r type bar....there are several companies that make these types of swaybars(attach to frame ,clamp to rear end)....h+r,spohn,dse,helwig etc...im sure a few of those companies also make the larger stock type swaybar that bolts to the control arms also....they are more money, but if you can afford it ,go with the h+r type.much better control of body roll,more suspension articulation.....someone correct me if im wrong please....joel

From a drag racing stand point they keep the car from twisting on the launch making it hook better and go quicker out of the hole.

In the old days people used an air bag on the passenger rear spring to stiffin that side and make the car less likely to twist, but this is the much better way.

The HR bar made my T-top car ride alot better. It feels tighter and when installed with the GNX rear seat brace, it really stiffened it up a ton. The squeeks and rattles of daily street driving are gone. Only get a little noise when I hit a bump or pot hole, but generally no where near what it was as a totally factory car.

:biggrin:

the H&R bar got rid of my wheel hop, made my car launch evenly and straight.... improved cornering feel AND Paul Ferry supports our community and our buick races....:cool:

the kit is complete down to the drill bit AND crayon....lol

hth - aaron

the h&r bar got rid of my wheel hop, made my car launch evenly and straight.... Improved cornering feel and paul ferry supports our community and our buick races....:cool:

The kit is complete down to the drill bit and crayon....lol

hth - aaron

x10000

I went the cheap route an got an ATR bar an noticed the car doesnt twist up as much launching... thinking abt going with an H&R bar a lil down the road.

Back