You can type here any text you want

Before Black BS'ing thread.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Charlie,

here are the pics of my slugs.

A.j.

0b9.jpg

cb8.jpg

02f.jpg

I always knew you were really short A.j. I see you standing on that milk crate lol :biggrin:
Nice reciprocating parts!

More pics, More progress More, More , More

I always knew you were really short A.j. I see you standing on that milk crate lol :biggrin:
Nice reciprocating parts!

More pics, More progress More, More , More

LOL....... actually thats my Girlfriend standing on the milkcrate, i was tooo far drunk by that point to stand in a stable picture taking manner.

plus... they dont make "Sock Monkey" slippers in my size.

A.j.:biggrin:

That's what I need Aj. Send me the part number so I can order a set please. I should've bought them from Mike before you did. LOL Just make sure the valves don't kiss the pistons and we'll both be good.

there is no part number.

there 100% custom.

A.j.

I thought you said you had the working part number or job number they did it as Aj.

I do have a part number.... but it no longer works.

But I do have the spec sheet.... and I have called venola about another set.

here is what they said.

send us a sample.

soo... with that, if you want a set, I want another too... so I will go in on it at the same time and just order 2 sets. and send one of mine as a sample.

sound good?

I do have to admit though....... I really dont like the pin in the ring pack. it makes me nervous about having to run buttons. but I guess we will find out!

A.j.

What kind of price are they wanting to do them Aj? I'd say get 14 instead of 12 so we each have a spare. Custom is nice but....

I kinda agree about the button but the rods are so long and the PCH is so short I don't think there's an option.

for 14 I dont think its too bad, the number drops with the more we get so I imagine they would be around 650 a set.

A.j.

Well I got a price of $580 as a rough price from Ross Aj. You may be sending them a piston to duplicate instead. I like the mickey mouse looking pistons they make where the valve reliefs are cut in the top.

personally if ross can make em cheaper......... then im with ya!

I dont much like the valve reliefs.... to me I think they induce detonation with there corners and pockets. and I dont believe that quench is a big factor on forced induction motors. there are just tooo many big time players running a smooth dish.

i dunno.... just my 2 cents... you know how I like to think.

A.j.

The Ross piston is a little different Aj. There aren't any sharp edges or ridges on them. The valve reliefs are incorperated into the dish just for this reason. It litterally looks like mickey mouse's head from the front so you have a fantastic quench area. I'll see if I can find a pic for you.

thats true... I havent had much to say lately between work and the work im actually getting done in the garage...

has been a good weekend though....

daddys got the spindle swap and 5 lug rotors done...

nice big breaks and cheap parts to boot.... was a perfect plan.

A.j.

ok whats a good cam for a before black car? Is that mellings cam any good is anyone running it? what is everyone running? i really dont want to make a new post for this. sorry

i found this cam what does everyone think is it going to be a good cam?
Store Locator | NAPA Online

here is the info on it.
1978 Buick Regal
Engines : 3.8 L 231 CID V6
Comments: Hydraulic;Duration at .050" Intake 204 Degrees, Exhaust 214 Degrees;.448" Valve Lift, Intake;.472" Valve Lift, Exhaust;Includes Pro-1500 Performance Cam;Lobe Separation of 112 Degrees
Per Car Qty: 1

Back