Big Site News, It's Changing! Need Input!

Allow searching after something like 10 seconds instead of 45 sec wait.

Allow searching on small words, like GNX, TPS, EGR etc. Last time I tried that it said there were no matches.

Add a current recipes section.

I figured someone would beat me to it.

How about charging a $20 membership fee for the year and with that money make a donation to the cancer fund !!!!! From all of us on this site my wife has cancer so am trying to do anything and everything for this cause thanks tommy

Update will be happening overnight. If you notice the site is down, thats why.

I realize that you were just looking for design ideas but since everyones throwing up ideas I thought this would be the place to bring this up.

In the "Cars for Sale" section.... Why not make those threads closed for discussion. Make the ad fixed so that only the owner and Mod can add to the topic and not everyone with an opinion or comment. If a potential buyer is interested they can use the PM, Email or Phone number options provided.

Give me a reason there needs to be open discussions in peoples For sale ads?

I realize that you were just looking for design ideas but since everyones throwing up ideas I thought this would be the place to bring this up.

In the "Cars for Sale" section.... Why not make those threads closed for discussion. Make the ad fixed so that only the owner and Mod can add to the topic and not everyone with an opinion or comment. If a potential buyer is interested they can use the PM, Email or Phone number options provided.

Give me a reason there needs to be open discussions in peoples For sale ads?

If you look at how it is handled today versus a year or so ago we have eliminated all (most that we can catch) negative comments not pertaining to the car for sale thread.

I see no problem in someone telling a guy he has a beautiful car and wished he could buy it.

I don't know. I read the classifieds everyday and see all kinds of crap in there. It just doesn't make sense that peoples classified ads are up for debate at any time. Mine was in there and a guy freely said the car was worth nothing and I should have accepted it. It went completely unmoderated so Im not sure what your seeing.

I don't know. I read the classifieds everyday and see all kinds of crap in there. It just doesn't make sense that peoples classified ads are up for debate at any time. Mine was in there and a guy freely said the car was worth nothing and I should have accepted it. It went completely unmoderated so Im not sure what your seeing.

I apologize in advance if I missed you car for sale thread being trashed. I really do. I happen to be working out of my home office this week and can monitor the board today. The last 7 weeks I have put on 13,000 miles on the road. Didnt leave much time to babyset every cars for sale thread.

Maybe a PM to ask for help could have been used.

I am sorry you are not happy with how I moderate it, but trust me, ask anyone that knows how it used to be run and it ran wild with little to no moderation.

Just read your ad and yes I did miss that, I apologize.

I think a few replies were just honesty, and one of them was an ******* comment that I will delete.

I guess if you want to sell it where people cannot reply you can go to craigslist, ebay or somewhere else.

Good luck.

Well, what makes you think I was looking for "honesty" in my for sale ad?
I would have posted in the off topic forum for that. In fact, The problem is when 1 person posts up there honest opinion it just becomes fair game for anyone to post all there opinions. good or bad. Now to be honest, I wasn't upset about the "Honesty" posts. The other one pissed me off. It somehow even turned into the guy PM'ing me about how my cars worth nothing. I didn't contact anyone because I shouldn't have to. I wasn't even that mad about it. I decided to keep the car rather than hear what people think of it and chase away potential buyers.

I was just throwing out an idea of fixed classified ads for cars. There is no reason that car ads should be up for discussion. It wasn't about anyone not doing there job. Don't take it that way.

I didnt say which night.

Update will be happening this evening around 1AM EST.

6 pages of "new posts" just of unrelated ebay auctions is just plain gay..... especially when surfing on the phone. Any way to turn that off so ebay auctions isn't included in the new posts.........Aaron

How come when you go into the forums the site is only on the left hand side of the page and the right hand side is just the light grey back ground. Hurts my eyes. Its the same way on the home page and my settings page. The footer stretches the width of the page but thats it. Even the header is cropped.

Also is it possible so when you click on thread it takes you to the last page of the thread instead of the first. I think thats how the old way was.

I miss the soft yellow.:frown:

Also is it possible so when you click on thread it takes you to the last page of the thread instead of the first. I think thats how the old way was.

It is as it is on all vBulletin version -
• On forumhome when you click on the thread title, it takes you to the last post
• On thread-display when you click on the title, it takes you to the first post
• On thread-display when you click on the arrow in the last post row, it takes you to the last post

For other things, I've sent you a PM.

New feature:
You can add your cars to the postbit from SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE -> MY CAR(-S)
It displays as it does in the left hand side on my post.

6 pages of "new posts" just of unrelated ebay auctions is just plain gay..... especially when surfing on the phone. Any way to turn that off so ebay auctions isn't included in the new posts.........Aaron
How do you turn off forums that you do not want to view? That could be done in the old format, don't see that option here or it's buried somewhere...

How do you turn off forums that you do not want to view? That could be done in the old format, don't see that option here or it's buried somewhere...

I saw it and it was annoying yes, so I disabled indexing new posts from eBay subforum aka you wont see those anymore under new posts.

It still shows the older ones at the moment, but you can do FORUM ACTIONS -> MARK FORUMS READ