Stage 2 TT street car

https://www.facebook.com/GeeMRacingRy/photos/pcb.1422563364532241/1422562907865620/?type=3&theater

Its good to see someone has the energy to innovate, just wish they were cranking out this stuff a few years ago. I searched high and low to find someone who could build my headers and paid out the ying-yang. High-5 Gee M Racing, you win the I'm not sitting on my ass and just selling parts award!! Finland looks like a cool place.

Mike
Oh Yea!........Our European friends got the skillz!........... Did you guys notice, that those headers are built with no less than 15 pieces of tubing! I've only built one set of headers in my life, and I can tell you for sure, this will be the last set I will ever build again! And if I sold them, I would want $10,000 for them. Not because there the best set ever, just to compensate me for all the mental anguish during the entire time I was doing the fab work. It's not all that bad when you don't have OCD. But when you do, it's painful. And these guys have OCD also!

But still, even though these are just absolutely beautiful, as of now, I would have still needed to build my own set though. Because my dumb-ass had to use Champion heads and I wanted my turbos visually symmetrically located so the fab work needed to take place in the engine compartment. Can't send my ride to Finland :(

https://www.facebook.com/GeeMRacingRy/photos/pcb.1422563364532241/1422562907865620/?type=3&theater

Its good to see someone has the energy to innovate, just wish they were cranking out this stuff a few years ago. I searched high and low to find someone who could build my headers and paid out the ying-yang. High-5 Gee M Racing, you win the I'm not sitting on my ass and just selling parts award!! Finland looks like a cool place.

Mike

I wholeheartedly agree.

Juha and Ari (owners of Gee M Racing) are two of the coolest and nicest dudes you will ever meet. When they said yes to sponsoring me, I told them that they would never regret it, and I try at every chance possible to show people just how remarkable these headers truly are! We are truly blessed to have them involved in our community and continuously striving to improve and perfect their designs. They are truly an asset to the Buick community as a whole, and a genuine inspiration for myself in how our little company, RPS, moves forward- Innovate! Not Stagnate!

Oh Yea!........Our European friends got the skillz!........... Did you guys notice, that those headers are built with no less than 15 pieces of tubing! I've only built one set of headers in my life, and I can tell you for sure, this will be the last set I will ever build again! And if I sold them, I would want $10,000 for them. Not because there the best set ever, just to compensate me for all the mental anguish during the entire time I was doing the fab work. It's not all that bad when you don't have OCD. But when you do, it's painful. And these guys have OCD also!

But still, even though these are just absolutely beautiful, as of now, I would have still needed to build my own set though. Because my dumb-ass had to use Champion heads and I wanted my turbos visually symmetrically located so the fab work needed to take place in the engine compartment. Can't send my ride to Finland :(

Besides being some crazy F1 and World Rally Cross drivers, I suppose they can now add "header fabricators" to their list of what Fins are known for :p

I had to mount it at a weird angle on the pass. side because of the exhaust and intercooler water lines (see holes in floor where lines go). So the bracket worked out ok, just mounted it to a piece of flat metal. I saw on the Racetronix site how they mount it but doing it that way it would have been too close to the muffler.
DSCF2412.JPG

Mike

That's where I mounted the one on my Dad's car too with the other bracket.

IMG_20170424_204954.jpg
FLK-G7B_BMB3.jpg

Last edited:
You DO NOT want to use that filter in that fuel line kit. I can show you flow sheets from Deatschwerks for filters the same size as the Racetronix one that shows over 1.5-2psi of backpressure from that filter.

That means just by using their kit, your fuel pump will flow LESS than a fuel line system that used a properly-sized fuel filter.

I personally run Kinsler filters because they have less than .25psi of backpressure at over 1,000lph of fuel flow. They are E85 Compatible, come with either male or female filter ends, with -8,-10,-12 sizes, and have over 74sq in of media surface area in their SMALLEST filter!! They have 25,45,75,100 micron stainless elements as well (along with paper elements for non-e85 guy).

But back to my point-get a different filter, unless you enjoy having your fuel pump flow LESS than it should!
Not bad..

The fuel filter setup I run 1,900 lbs/316 gallons per hour with -0- fuel pressure loss.

At 350 GPH, 1/10 of 1% to be a norm.

Lots of filters out there just make sure its sized right and always monitor pressure at the rail

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

That's where I mounted the one on my Dad's car too with the other bracket.

View attachment 315609 View attachment 315608
You just gave me a good idea.

I have had this brand new flex-fuel sensor sensor sitting in a box for a year now. I don't think I'll be using E-85 much but long ago I pinned out the XFI for it anyway. I have a whip of wire looped and labeled under the dash ready to go. When I was under the car to take an inventory for the fittings I would need, I found that I have everything in house already. I've got plenty of room under the trunk pan, but I wasn't happy about splicing it into my return line in that location because of this funny angle it would be mounted at. So, I wasn't in a hurry to do it.

Now I think this will be the spot!

Engine will not stay running, it starts for 2-3 seconds then stalls (XFI 2.0 purchased used), Cal and I are working through it, Cal was at the controls this morning and we gave it our best, it runs for a few seconds and stalls. We need to rule out the injectors being the cause so the used 120lb injectors I purchased from a board member are on their way to MrInjector.com for evaluation.
Before that we found the ATI balancer installed by the engine builder was installed without a 0.120" spacer, so the crank sensor was not "blinking', it was just always on (metal always sitting in the Hall sensor).
IMG_0372.JPG
When I pulled the balancer off I saw the coolant leaking, the water pump bolts had no thread sealant, so I yanked it and installed properly.
DSCF2634.JPG
So now I'm just waiting for the injector report and we'll go from there. Maybe a defective XFI box....?
Mike

Engine will not stay running, it starts for 2-3 seconds then stalls (XFI 2.0 purchased used), Cal and I are working through it, Cal was at the controls this morning and we gave it our best, it runs for a few seconds and stalls. We need to rule out the injectors being the cause so the used 120lb injectors I purchased from a board member are on their way to MrInjector.com for evaluation.
Before that we found the ATI balancer installed by the engine builder was installed without a 0.120" spacer, so the crank sensor was not "blinking', it was just always on (metal always sitting in the Hall sensor).
View attachment 330496
When I pulled the balancer off I saw the coolant leaking, the water pump bolts had no thread sealant, so I yanked it and installed properly.
View attachment 330497
So now I'm just waiting for the injector report and we'll go from there. Maybe a defective XFI box....?
Mike
Nice to here your moving forward.

Now get that bitch going!

Injectors check out fine, engine will only run if I put my foot to the floor, when I let up it stalls. Anyone ever run across a similar problem?
Mike

Injectors check out fine, engine will only run if I put my foot to the floor, when I let up it stalls. Anyone ever run across a similar problem?
Mike
TPS is reverse style, backwards?

Or reversed voltage vs. throttle position in the graph?

If your using XFI, it shouldn't be getting any fuel when you put your foot to the floor. This feature is in the hard program to help a flooded engine get cleaned out.

I checked the TPS, its .42V closed 4.52V WOT. i did the auto calibrate in FAST.
mIKE