2007 Buick West Coast Nationals!

wow nick thats not good. atleast that isnt to bad of a turbo problem at least you can get turbos for your car :) you will get it worked out im sure.

sorry , I'm not kidding!!!!

if he shows, I'll point him out, he has a big mouth, and isn't smart enough to
just shut up. ( and I'll bring proof !)

come on nick , do we all have to come over and help? shall we take up a collection so you can buy a turbo? LOL

Underboost, what up, need anything?

boosted231, status?

is it time to go yet?

sorry! i didnt know who we were talking about. i just have no problem's there. i just did some trans work for him and we got along just fine. i try to get along with everyone so im not looking to stir the pot on this one! im looking forward to seeing all you guys!

you got it Len!!

I didn't mention any names, but he knows who he is,and so do most of us.
I'm not trying to cause problems, as long as he stays away from me and my friends.

I 'm really looking forward to this event, and to seeing that monster of your run!!!!!!

is it time to go yet?

I didn't mention any names, but he knows who he is,and so do most of us.
I'm not trying to cause problems, as long as he stays away from me and my friends.

I 'm really looking forward to this event, and to seeing that monster of your run!!!!!!

is it time to go yet?

No its not time to go yet. got the truck and trailer ready. now i just need to get my turbo on. I called Precision turbo and they shipped it back to me all ready to go. only problem is they didnt call me to see how i wanted to ship it like they said they would so i wont get it till tuesday :( i would have had them ship it next day air :( o well it will be done but it will be close again. as long as i can drive it back on the trailer this year it will be a good event (rearend will probley break) also need to get it over to the body shop because i messed an area up and it needs fixed. damn im running out of time.

Brent, I just pulled my motor down yesterday. :eek:

Tomorrow I'll be ordering a custom grind Hyd Roller, Jesel Rocker shafts for M&A's, and New Hyd Lifters W/ Pushrods. :eek: I sure hope I'll be able to make it. :frown:

.......... this year it will be a good event (rearend will probley break) also need to get it over to the body shop because i messed an area up and it needs fixed..........

Well, if you do break it early, I have a spare 8.5" you can use!:smile:

Thanks to Len who delivered a GTQ-70 to me from Vegas on Friday [on loan] so I could get my car ready for the WCN.:D

Got it dialed in today at Speedworld [lovely day!], so will be ready for action on WCN race day! Just waiting for Len or Jan to post "official" classes for the event?

Rumor has it that there will be 2 heads-up indexes classes this year, an 11.50 class and a 10.0 @135 MPH [max] class. Also a handicap bracket class or 2, depending on participation, and a stage block class. All Buick powered vehicles eligible.

Speaking of participation, Len and company did a GREAT job last year of obtaining sponsorship $$$ and items, and they are hard at work at it again. Any and all help for donations or leads for sponsors will be greatly appreciated.

I will ask Len to post people and companies already signed on for sponsors, and ask you as individuals to help him with any other potential sponsors.

didn't you just get that shi* back and in the car this past week????

Last weekend I fired it and heard some weird valve train noise. The car sounded awesome! Very crisp ;) but cam that was in there was already ground twice so the ramp was to high. Plus the M&A heads have the worst geometry of rocker stud movement I have ever seen! I tried calling Nick Micale about what my options might be but he never answers his phone. :frown: I'm going with an all new top end. ;) Once I receive all the parts I'll have the car back together in a day.

would you guys knock it off!

now I need an inner tube for the slicks, 10.5 x28-15
has a leak, found the stem base leaking,
so i'll order new tubes, easy fix, & rebalance.

underboost, offer still stands, need anything?

OH, by the way, due to demand, and us old guys want more beauty sleep,
how about leaving at 8:00 from starkbucks/walmart on friday??

..........I tried calling Nick Micale about what my options might be but he never answers his phone. :frown: I'm going with an all new top end. ;) Once I receive all the parts I'll have the car back together in a day.

I never had a message that you called?:confused:

Unless it was last week when I went to the SEMA show in Vegas, and some messages were "messed up" and could not be heard, sorry.

e-mail works good too.

Cruzn! Tuff it up.

Underboost. Unless you're sure of what length you need, wait untill after you have the rocker stand adjusted for proper geometry before you order the pushrods. Also, check valve cover clearance with the jesels. You will need a valve cover spacer and some clearance work to the inside of the valve cover, I'm almost positive.

I modified a set of RJCs spacers with my setup.

well it looks like my brother will be able to make it. also my car is still waiting on a turbo. nick i might have to call you and see if you will watch my car for a few hours. i might have to tow my car up there and leave it come back home and tow my brothers up there. i will let you know. i just finished working on my brothers car so his is ready for the event.

I posted this in another thread, but want to be sure as many people as possible see this info, so here it is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzn57
I'm up for dinner, ......... pits will be open til 5- 6 on fri, so you can clean, tweak, BS, or what ever....( there should be lots of BS) End of quote.

Schedule on Friday is pits are open 12 noon until 5 PM. No access in or out after they close until 9 AM Saturday.

We plan to set up Dick's motorhome like last year which will be the "official" WCN spot for our raffle sales, race class sign up, etc.

Rerturning racers from last year will have priority for their same spots this year when parking on Friday. If you want to save a spot for someone you KNOW that will arrive later Friday afternoon or early Saturday AM, that will be OK. We have full accesss of the pits on Friday.

Saturday other racers will be attending for the track program.

For reference, my duties are as WCN/track liasion and pit set up. Len Freeman is the event director and Jan Moeller is the race director. Let us know if you have questions or specific needs, looking forward to seeing everyone soon, and have a nice Thanksgiving!

P.S. Maybe we can set up a place for an informal get-together Friday evening - any thoughts?

Cruzn! Tuff it up.

Underboost. Unless you're sure of what length you need, wait untill after you have the rocker stand adjusted for proper geometry before you order the pushrods. Also, check valve cover clearance with the jesels. You will need a valve cover spacer and some clearance work to the inside of the valve cover, I'm almost positive.

I modified a set of RJCs spacers with my setup.

I have some RJC spacers Don.:biggrin: Did you still have to grind the valve covers with the spacers?

Mine are early generation M&A valve covers. I'm using 1.7 ratio jesels, and yes I had to machine pockets inside the valve covers to clear the pushrod ends of the rockers. Even with the modified spacers.
I believe I had to machine away over 50% of the thickness of the valve cover wall. The covers have thick walls.

Take your time setting up the rocker geometry.

Mine are early generation M&A valve covers. I'm using 1.7 ratio jesels, and yes I had to machine pockets inside the valve covers to clear the pushrod ends of the rockers. Even with the modified spacers.
I believe I had to machine away over 50% of the thickness of the valve cover wall. The covers have thick walls.

Take your time setting up the rocker geometry.

I have the GenIII and 1.60 Rockers. Thank You Don. ;)