Bob Bailey ignition module

image.jpg

Do we need to run a ground wire from this point to the engine block?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1403476532279.jpg
    1403476532279.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 354
That is where I ran the ground terminal on the TR6 harness

Mine is grounded with all the sensors by trans dipstick.

Bob please clarify.

I run LS coils but I can't see a ground to fire wall being a bad thing at that location. The LS coil harness had a ground for each bank of coils. I also use to run an additional ground from my stock coil pack to the firewall.

I just installed my TR6. Car ran like crap, kicked and bucked for half a block!! Turned around and went home. I'm using wastespark and had it turned off.:bored: Fixed it after 30 seconds of troubleshooting. I was pretty sure I knew what it was because I was in a hurry to get it installed and forgot that one little step. Just went for a test drive and it runs smoother and stronger than ever. no herky jerky with lean cruise either.

I'm guessung in a year or 2 this will be as indispensable as the MAF Translator and Bob's other products.

[
I'm guessung in a year or 2 this will be as indispensable as the MAF Translator and Bob's other products.[/QUOTE]

AGREED 1000%

jdsgnx:: are you going to be able to close your hood with those coil boots up like that? mine would not with Shanes wires

I run the same setup and wires. Those boots bend. Not quite as nice as the factory Silverado boots, but they do conform after a little while. No issues with the hoodliner thus far.

Pic

Attachments

• 1404761579109.jpg
    1404761579109.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 323