Bob Bailey ignition module

yes, there is no problem with 16 volts, but I'm not sure how long the coil will last..

Bob

Just thought I would add..... to give everyone a teaser to the capabilities of the CNP/COP system on our cars....... the late (and great) Bruce Plecan (sp?) experimented (along with Bob) with a CNP/COP system years ago on our cars.....you will have to search to find it..... and was able to go to like a 0.100" plug gap or something even higher.... and the engine still ran up to the mid 20's on boost w/o blowing the spark out. He even cut the ground strap completely off a plug..... and it would still fire it!

The CNP setup with the LS coils is going to be so much of an improvement it isn't funny.

Now..... if we can have that.... and convert over to the "faststart" system..... it would be like having your cake and eating it too.

I remember e-mailing back and forth with Bruce on his experiments, sure do miss him, I know this one worked for him, great to see name again, not just in my e-mail archives.

I just recently picked up a new TR6 module and was wondering if it was normal to have certain parts of the module covered with silicone. Please excuse such a question. I'm not familiar with the TR6 completely. What I have heard is that the TR6 is the next latest and greatest addition to our TB. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks again

Attachments

• 1409391685448.jpg
    1409391685448.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 332
That's to keep certain components from moving around...very common on electronics found in items that have a lot of vibration and or movement.

So excuse me being a Tad lazy. If I buy this for a car that will never see over 28-30 psi. Is there a bolt on difference I can see at the track?
Bobs products are great but I have not seen one of these in a local before/after scenario.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Don't think you'll "see" any difference at the track. My reasons were:
  1. Replacement ignition modules don't have a tack output and are not always available. They are not built to the same specs either.
  2. Common higher output coil.
  3. Diagnostics
A new GM nos module last time I looked (if even available) was $400+. Regardless of the boost level you run, if the coil or module goes out and you can't find a replacement quick your track day is done. Same would be true with a diagnostic code.

You will see a difference in the idle quality as well as lean cruise option if u use it.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Bob, not sure if you mentioned it in the previous posts in this thread or others. Is it beneficial to run a casper's ignition hot wire or is something like that incorporated into the tr6 setup already?

Probably not unless you are at the limit of its ignition output. How much boost we you planning to run?

Bob

Bob, I took my car to the track Fri night for the first time with the TR6 and at the end of one of my runs, while slowing down the car started backfiring and eventually stalled. After I restarted it the factory tach was scrolling back and forth. I assume this was a code flashing? I shut it off once I got back to the pit. Did not flash afterwards. I have never had this happen before. I did adjust the cam sensor with the TR6 tach setting. Is there a way to recover the code, if that is what it was? Does that sound like a cmp sensor adjustment problem?

I did adjust the cam sensor with the TR6 tach setting. Is there a way to recover the code, if that is what it was? Does that sound like a cmp sensor adjustment problem?
I believe I would check the cam sensor tab and also check for the roll pin and make it sure something has not slipped then if all looks good try setting your setting with cam sensor setting tool and go from there .

Where can I get blue ignition wires with 90 deg boot for the coil pack?

Or what kind of terminals do I need to retro fit my current wires?